The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Can you still double dip monthly coupon? Think it was a matter of it had to be $10 or more online, and doesn't work on this or that in store but don't know if there's a minimum in store.
.Yes you can still double dip.

As far as I know there's no minimum in-store. For online, I think it's fine as long as the total is more than $0 after applying the coupon.

Usually trade promos last a week, so it should be good by the end of saturday. There is a probability that it may extend to next saturday, but don't count on it (the console trade was extended a week FYI).
Thank you! I assumed that it ended Saturday but I swear during the last promo I went in on a Friday (or maybe even a Saturday afternoon) and was told I missed the promo.

It shouldn't have ended yet. There's a systemwide error that's causing promotions like $25 off 250 from activating automatically. The associate might be able to enter it manually if they know the promotion code. Maybe someone who already did it this week can post the promo code from their receipt.

It shouldn't have ended yet. There's a systemwide error that's causing promotions like $25 off 250 from activating automatically. The associate might be able to enter it manually if they know the promotion code. Maybe someone who already did it this week can post the promo code from their receipt.
Dang. Guess I lost out on a few dollars. Oh well.

My receipt shows #29907 for the 50% bonus on each game.

bread's done
Back