Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Taken from the IGN Nintendo Lobby which was taken from reddit

"Next Gen has 12GB of RAM, 256GB internal storage, the magnetic Joy-Con from the chinese leak are now all but confirmed (as well as the extra buttons), there seems to be a microphone somewhere for something, there seems to be two fans (possibly one in the dock), and some things are yet to be confirmed such as screen quality and the node. The latter is important, as it will give a better indication as to how the thing actually performs (and how efficient its is), but it's unlikely we'll have that just yet. All in all, it seems to be currently in the middle of the most conservative and pie-in-the-sky estimations. About PS4 Pro levels, plus a bit more given the newer components.

This isn't speculation now, this has all been uncovered by some amazing, dedicated people and should be applauded. All we need to do now is actually see the thing, to confirm what else has been cooking."

I glanced at the reddit post but didn't read through the thread so I don't all all the specifics but I am sure someone smarter can summarize everything and how it might compare to the Switch we have now but the IGN user that posted what I quoted has me pretty stoked. I was thinking maybe 10GB Ram and 128 HDD storage with Series S power. It will be interesting to see if we get HDD or SSD or maybe the SSD will be in a premium model.

This is from the Reddit post .

• ⁠Handheld: Right above PS4* before DLSS
• ⁠Docked: Between PS4 Pro* & Xbox Series S* before DLSS with more modern hardware than the former
• ⁠RAM: Slower than PS5 & XSX|S in
the speed department, but more capacity than XSS. Should have 10.5-11 GB
of RAM available to games going by the Switch 1's RAM allotment for its
OS.
• ⁠Storage: UFS 3.1's max speeds should be a hair under XSX|S (2.1 GB/s vs. 2.4 GB/s), still plenty fast even if not maxed out.Lines up with what Digital Foundry &
NateDrake heard about decompression techniques & fast load times of
the BotW tech demo (respectively for each source).

* = Not only is the Switch 2 ARM-based rather than x86 like the
systems compared, it's also Nvidia vs. AMD. There are plenty of factors
at play to where it's not an apples-to-apples comparison. Plus the
native Tensor cores of the Switch 2 will allow for DLSS, letting the
system punch above its weight & decrease the size of the gap between
it & the XSS. Nintendo could throttle down the SoC to the floor,
but I'm not sure it'll be a doomsday scenario since this is a custom
chip to begin with

- From the ERA User Neoxon.

Last edited:
Looked into the Switch 2 specs stuff. I know there's been a million rumors about the damn thing but the parts breakdown is explained very well, everything is pretty believable and any speculation is disclosed, so I'm willing to bet it's on the money.

Well, after saying I had no real interest in NES World Championship... I talked to my kids about it and was reminded that they both love to speed run stuff (especially my youngest son, 19yo). So I put a preorder in on the bestbuy app. Maybe I'll end up giving it some time afterall.

Yeah I don't understand the fascination with speed running. I like to explore levels I play and look for secrets or ways to accomplish stuff other than how the devs intended. I couldn't care less about this
Same. Everyone should be allowed to play games how they want, but I never speedrun unless I'm on like a second or third playthrough of a game to get a platinum trophy or something (Trials of Mana remake, Stellar Blade, etc). I actually take a very long time to finish games, with my playtimes soaring past the HowLongtoBeat numbers. It's one of the reasons why my backlog is so huge lol

The only two games I’ve ever tried to finish quickly are Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland (specifically Metaknight mode, and that only because I played it so much I wanted to see if I could 100% it in under an hour), and Metroid, and that because I was playing a graphical update romhack so I was curious what Samus would look like in that.

I feel like she spent too much time working on her calves and not enough on her thighs.
79-E04846-04-F8-4528-9-D68-96-F39-AF11-C2-F.jpg

I actually take a very long time to finish games, with my playtimes soaring past the HowLongtoBeat numbers. It's one of the reasons why my backlog is so huge lol

Same. I want to get immersed in whatever game world I'm in and do as much of whatever is available as possible. Exploration is usually my favorite part of gaming. Even if there is a simpler way to complete a map (like in Xenoblade Chronicles)... I'd rather explore the whole world myself instead of just finding the waypoints / key-locations and letting the map complete itself.

The only two games I’ve ever tried to finish quickly are Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland (specifically Metaknight mode, and that only because I played it so much I wanted to see if I could 100% it in under an hour), and Metroid,

I did NES Metroid back in the day in it's original release just to see the other ending. But that was back in the days when I had maybe 10 to 20 games on the NES and no real backlog.

I did NES Metroid back in the day in it's original release just to see the other ending. But that was back in the days when I had maybe 10 to 20 games on the NES and no real backlog.

Wasn't that password system fun for Metroid. I had a few typos when i would write it down and had to use a previous password save :confused:

Golden Sun still wins for longest password ever when you finish the game to carry things over to Golden Sun 2. My son just beat it on NSO and I told him just screenshot each page of the password

The Castlevania II passwords were kind of crazy ... though not GT Advance levels. Castlevania III had that 4x4 grid where you had to put hearts, whips, and crosses. Not as bad on the input, but writing them down was a pain.

bread's done
Back