Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Looks like Sony caved. Now let's see if they stick to it.

They caved because they were facing either thousands of refunds both from inaccessible countries and angry PC gamers, or class-action lawsuits if they didn't issue refunds to those affected. The level of incompetence or arrogance at Sony is mind-blowing. Even the mouthpiece CM for Helldivers shit the bed with straight diarrhea of the mouth (should be fired). The cherry on top is I'm sure these idiots thought they would trojan horse PSN into Steam and then require PS+ to play their games online.

It also exposes just how worthless PS+ is outside of their console vs Game Pass.

Thinking of grabbing a trackball. Anyone have experience?

I use this one and it gets the job done for me but I am still looking for a more rectangular shaped one with a central ball like the one I used to have in the 90s. I haven't been able to find something similar to it unfortunately. It was awesome because I could hold it in both hands and use both thumbs to manipulate the big ball while the other fingers handled the mouse clicks. It allowed me to kick back in a computer chair and relax while playing the great RTS games of the 90s.

I use this one and it gets the job done for me but I am still looking for a more rectangular shaped one with a central ball like the one I used to have in the 90s. I haven't been able to find something similar to it unfortunately. It was awesome because I could hold it in both hands and use both thumbs to manipulate the big ball while the other fingers handled the mouse clicks. It allowed me to kick back in a computer chair and relax while playing the great RTS games of the 90s.
I've used this one before. I quite liked it. Definite recommend from me if you're trying to save money vs Logitech. But Logitech's customer service is amazing. They have replaced mice for me before that were out of warranty, with no proof of purchase. I'm not saying they'll do that ALWAYS but knowing that they have done that for me makes it easier to justify the added premium.

I don’t know what sort of rectangular you’re looking for, but Kensington has some squarish/rectangular models like the Expert and the Slimblade. They’re definitely on the pricier side, though.

I don’t know what sort of rectangular you’re looking for, but Kensington has some squarish/rectangular models like the Expert and the Slimblade. They’re definitely on the pricier side, though.

After doing some more research it looks like they did come out with a new SlimBlade pro last fall. I believe this is exactly what I have been looking for as it is wireless and rechargeable (no need to replace batteries every so often) and looks to be thin/light. I took the plunge and will test it out. I think I can justify the cost based on how much I use my laptop in a Laz-E-Boy (no space to move a normal mouse unless I use a lapboard).

X-keys makes some nice large central ball trackballs.

These also look good but seem to be much more expensive than the Kensington trackball mice. The SlimBlade Pro is cheaper and wireless. Thanks for the recommendation though as I had never even heard of this brand/website before.

:(

Studio Closures at Microsoft - Arkane Austin, Tango, info on Redfall, and more:

This one hurts bad, man - a lot of studio closures, reorgnization & cuts at Zenimax-Bethesda owned studios.

Sources:
-> https://www.ign.com/articles/micros...orks-and-more-in-devastating-cuts-at-bethesda
-> https://kotaku.com/redfall-offline-mode-canceled-arkane-austin-xbox-pc-1851462296
-> https://www.gameinformer.com/news/2...e-a-big-offline-play-update-this-month-before
-> https://www.eurogamer.net/hi-fi-rus...edly-being-pitched-by-now-closed-xbox-studios

Notes:
- Roundhouse (formerly Human Head, that made OG Prey & had Prey 2 cancelled by Bethesda/Zenimax) is being absorbed.
- Roundhouse's being absorbed into Zenimax Online Studios (Elder Scrolls Online dev's).
- Tango GameWorks (makers of Evil Within 1 and 2 & Hi-Fi Rush) is now closed.
- Alpha Dog Studios (mobile game studio) is closing & their game Mighty Doom will be sunset on August 7th.
- Arkane Austin is now closed sadly, even though Arkane Lyon will stay alive (Deathloop, Dishonored series, Prey 2017, etc).
- Redfall's DLC's have been cancelled.
- Arkane was working on an offline mode for Redfall, which would've came out in May (this month)!
- Arkane was working on a Hero DLC with 2 new characters, which was planned for this October (2024).
- Those that bought the Higher End "Bite-Back Edition" of Redfall can get the rest of their $ back (the difference b/t Standard Edition & the Bite-Back Edition w/ the DLC's).
- Redfall will stay online (for now) & will receive no more updates.
- Before this madness, Arkane Austin was wanting to go back to their imm-sim roots w/ a new Dishonored.
- Before this madness, Tango was preparing to pitch Hi-Fi Rush 2.

Last Update = 5-8-2024.

Last edited:

These also look good but seem to be much more expensive than the Kensington trackball mice. The SlimBlade Pro is cheaper and wireless. Thanks for the recommendation though as I had never even heard of this brand/website before.

If you’re looking for something handheld, I know Elecom makes some trackballs in a form factor sort of like a Wii nunchuk, with a trackball where the analog stick would be. I could see that being pretty comfy for general TV computing and media center stuff, though I doubt I’d want to use it as a daily driver.

Legendary Sale on UbiSoft Connect:
-> https://store.ubisoft.com/us/home/?lang=en_US

Legendary Promo -> $10 off coupon when you spend over $19.99+ on a game w/ Promo code = LEGEND24.

Highlights - prices after $10 coupon (and before tax):

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown = $19.99.
AC Valhalla Complete (AC Valhalla & All DLC's and expansions) = $18.
AC Mirage -> Standard = $14.99 // Deluxe = $19.99
Skull & Bones [AAAA game] {always online game} = $19.99
Far Cry 6 Gold Edition (FC6 Base Game & Villains Season Pass only) = $16
Far Cry 6 GOTY Edition (with also FC6 Gold Edition & also Lost Between Worlds Expansion & Ultimate Pack) = $26
Far Cry 6 GOTY Upgrade (for FC6 base-game owners only - this adds Villains Season Pass & LBW expansion) = $14
Far Cry 1,2,3,4 and Blood Dragon Bundle = $10
Far Cry 5 + New Dawn Deluxe = $10.16 (add 66 cent DLC to cart)
AC Valhalla + Watch Dogs Legion = $10.20 (add $1.50 DLC to cart)
Watch Dogs: Legion Ultimate = $14

Notes:
- See any deals I missed? Let me know, I'll add 'em.
- Shout-outs to anyone catching deals & telling me good ones to add to this pile.
- Shout-outs: spoderman & lomaxgnome.

Last edited:

Legendary Promo -> $10 off coupon when you spend over $19.99+ on a game w/ Promo code = LEGEND24.

Far Cry 6 GOTY Edition (with also FC6 Gold Edition & also Lost Between Worlds Expansion & Ultimate Pack) = $26
Far Cry 6 GOTY Upgrade (for FC6 base-game owners only - this adds Villains Season Pass & LBW expansion) = $14

See any deals I missed? Let me know, I'll add 'em.
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown is $19.99 after promo code

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown = $19.99.

See any deals I missed? Let me know, I'll add 'em.

Far Cry 1,2,3,4 and Blood Dragon Bundle $10
Far Cry 5 + New Dawn Deluxe $10.16 (add 66 cent DLC to cart)
AC Valhalla + Watch Dogs Legion $10.20 (add $1.50 DLC to cart)
Watch Dogs Legion Ultimate $14

I'm tempted to get Valhalla Complete after putting 55+ hours into the base game via Game Pass but it also seems unlikely I'm actually going to stick with it for another hundred hours. Speaking of Game Pass, that $14 Far Cry 6 upgrade would probably work for people with it but mine's currently expired so I can't test it.

I also always like to mention that most stuff (except older titles) you own on Ubisoft is playable via Streaming on Luna if you have a Prime membership (also works if you have a Ubi game via PC Game Pass). If you Play AC Valhalla via Luna it defaults back to 30 fps every time you start the game (might be true in other games as well) but that's the only real issue I've had with it.

If you’re looking for something handheld, I know Elecom makes some trackballs in a form factor sort of like a Wii nunchuk, with a trackball where the analog stick would be. I could see that being pretty comfy for general TV computing and media center stuff, though I doubt I’d want to use it as a daily driver.
I considered that but I was worried about overdoing it with just one hand and tiring that hand out. I found the laziest method was just holding the trackball mouse with two hands and letting both thumbs go to work on the trackball.

As I mentioned before I will do at least some Steam impressions at least once or twice a week. This set of games includes Bravery and Greed from the new Humble Choice and also Chrono Ark which just released in 1.0 and has a summer DLC (recommended if you are going to play the game and like more items and cute swimsuits). Still highly recommend Chrono Ark (I gave impressions in EA sometime you can probably search up). Look forward to more and I'll try to put more games that are currently in bundles to have more up to date impressions.

Bakery – 8 minutes. WTF the simulation. This one had cool looking Super Nintendo/PS1 2D graphics with similar sounding music, but the game is confusing as all heck. It feels like an idle game where you run a bakery and I guess you can expand the shop and tell your cook what to make. This is no Kairosoft game and ended up being ultra confusing. There does seem to be a game here, but the bad translation doesn’t help any. It also felt really slow for the actual day gameplay of running the shop. Really didn’t like this one at all although there is a real game here. 5/10

Bravery & Greed – 35 minutes. This one is a decent enough dungeon crawling kind of feels more co-op than single player game. Pretty much you play a class and have some skills, possibly equipment and a set of attacks you can use as your class. You may also get a wand which does a spell on countdown. Overall you go around kind of Metroidvania stages where at the end of a stage is a big boss and you go room to room with some having arena enemy encounters. This is where I feel it’s more for co-op since some of these rooms have a lot of enemies. You dispatch them and get a chest with goodies including healing, coins and equipment. There are some other rooms, but they generally have special effects like enchanting items, or dodging some traps to get to some chests. It’s all kind of OK and looks fine enough with okay sound effects and music. Movement and actions are a little floaty, but not super, super bad. Overall, it’s just a whole lot of OK. This reminds me of Mercenary Kings, except that had guns and was kind of like Metal Slug. Not a huge fan, but I can see myself playing this one a little bit. 6/10

Chrono Ark – For this run so far about 4-5 hours. I played this previously in EA, but it is now fully complete and I restarted since I didn’t remember what I was doing or what the story was about. This is a party-based game where you start with 2 characters and every few levels you can recruit one more up to 4 characters total, I believe. It’s highly recommended to keep recruiting characters as the game gets quite a bit harder the farther you go. There is an actual story with this one that isn’t fully explained for me early on. I think it’s smart to use all types of party members as having no healer will make it so much harder. This one has decent enough graphics and sounds, but overall is sometimes a little plain and doujin game looking. The gameplay is very straightforward but also very stats oriented and synergy is good thing. Pretty much in this game there is quite a bit to battle where using skills of the same characters causes overheat which makes future skills cost 1 more, than 2 more, etc… There is also a fixed skill that you can set to any card. This makes said card always available, but cost one more, so it’s a good idea to not put expensive skills on these. You get orbs from battles that can level up characters which lets them get more skills/stats, but you also need to level up Lucy, which is your character. She supports by having skills that draw cards and also dictates how many cards you draw each turn. Every enemy has a timer which when a certain amount of skills are used activates. This isn’t like Slay the Spire where you know what enemies are intending unless it’s very powerful skills. It’s a bit frustrating but rewards repeat plays. Frankly this is a very strategic deck builder with not as many character skills, but lots of synergy overall. All characters have passives too which dictate parts of their gameplay. Overall coming back into it after the summer DLC (costumes, items and Lucy skills) it’s still very fun, but also very hard and a bit long for runs. You can stop at the beginning of every level though for breaks. I highly recommend this one and it will give you a heck of a challenge as well. Maybe the story is good as well. 8/10

Lit The Torch – 18 minutes completed 2 worlds fully. This one is a pretty nice-looking game with some of the wonkiest controls possible. The gimmick in this one is you play a fire lady who can alter what you’re looking at in this box and different things are visible. Platforms may be there and torches to light, of which you need to light a certain number to get to the next stage. You’re pretty much platforming with floaty jumping while moving the mouse around for the little box. You get more gimmicks like levers and even another you which is a blue fire lady. The blue fire lady basically moves with you except it may also get inverted controls. When I got to a level where I had to platform with the box, inverted controls and levers for 2 people I was done. This also has sold music. Overall, I liked this idea a lot, but the controls are where it mainly feels off. I think this game is beatable though and there was some fun to be had. 6/10

One More Dungeon – 10 minutes. This one is a boring uninspired basic FPS dungeon crawler similar to Catacomb Abyss/Ken’s Labyrinth but without any of the charm. Shooting also feels a bit clunky. I’m not wasting more time on this, and this is likely too basic to hold many people’s attention. The only thing I liked a little bit was the graphics, but sometimes even those were unclear. 5/10

One More Dungeon 2 – 30 minutes. This one is more of a first-person dungeon crawling game where you start with a staff (ranged attacks that use crystals) and a melee weapon. You basically go into the dungeon, find the boss of the level and kill it, and move on while getting XP (very basic passive skills and bonuses every level up) and equipment/relics/items. This doesn’t feel as basic as the first one, but feels pretty anemic as well. Everything is maybe a bit too simple and the UI for your inventory/items is atrocious. The graphics/sounds/music are all adequate enough. The controls with mouse and keyboard are OK as well although the dodging feels horrible to use. Overall, this feels like a worse Ziggurat and likely Ziggurat 2. It’s on my just passing list, but it doesn’t feel amazing either. 6/10

Pickers – 36 minutes. A decently interesting older hidden object game where you look through junk in sites and click on items of which you can only hold a few and you haggle to buy them. There is also a hidden object scene where money symbols are flowing and you get money for every item found. Once they’re all found they give you a free item that is one of your categories. Some items have a + next to them and mean they can combine to get full value. At the end of the day, you have room for a limited number of items and sell them possibly appraising their values, restoring for money and trying to be the best picker. It suffers from usual hidden object game thing where objects hidden in scenes may be too pixelated and the limited inventory for your store and your picking is a pain. Overall, this is unique enough, but not really my type of game. Still better than the usual hidden object game. 6/10

Glad Ubi finally fixed the Valhalla PS5 issue, game will actually boot up on my PS5 again and I didn't have to erase everything on the system to get it to work! 30+ hours in, didn't want to start a new game on PC. But stuff like that makes me not want to buy their games, that issue was going on for over a year.

STEAM.

Heretic/Hexen Bundle Pack = 99 cents

This includes:
-> Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders version
-> Hexen [base-game]
-> Hexen: Deathkings of the Citadel [expansion]
-> Hexen II [base-game only]

Notes:
-> Hexen II: Portal of Praevus [expansion] and Heretic II are not included in there.
-> Those two are still in distribution & ownership rights Hell.

STEAM.

Heretic/Hexen Bundle Pack = 99 cents

This includes:
-> Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders version
-> Hexen [base-game]
-> Hexen: Deathkings of the Citadel [expansion]
-> Hexen II [base-game only]

Notes:
-> Hexen II: Portal of Praevus [expansion] and Heretic II are not included in there.
-> Those two are still in distribution & ownership rights Hell.

As someone with no nostalgia for the series are any of these actually still worth playing? I'm gonna grab them just for collecting sake but i remember being curious long ago but never actually played any of them.

394Qm3p.gif

T2URDEm.jpg

Play-Asia once again has Steam bundles on sale (a group of 2 for $20 and a group of 2 for $60):

Dead by Daylight has been removed from everyone's Epic account that got it for free back in December 2021. I doubt this is intentional but does make me worry about other shit getting revoked. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon

EDIT: It's back in my library now

Last edited:
Dead by Daylight has been removed from everyone's Epic account that got it for free back in December 2021. I doubt this is intentional but does make me worry about other shit getting revoked. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon

EDIT: It's back in my library now

DBD is showing in my Epic Library.

Did they delist the OG Version from Store Page? I don't see that there anymore.
I only see Gold Edition available for purchase now on Epic -> https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/dead-by-daylight--gold-edition

bread's done
Back