The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
GameStop tried to charge me a refurb fee cause my switch didn’t have a box I got into it with the guy . That’s the first ever bad experience I’ve had at this GameStop I've been going there since 2006.

Does this 50% trade in boost start for sure tomorrow or should I just dump now just in case values tank even more so the boost just makes them basically what they are today?

Well, i thought the worse was over, but gamestop like to prove me wrong. Now they drop the TIV for some of the games ever lower.....wut?
Did you miss the post that was 3 above yours? :ROFLMAO:
Value tank was expected.

what are you watching that dropped more? everything i have checked seems to be the same value its been since the last drop.
I was trying to trade in FF7 Rebirth. It was at $33 few days ago and now it's at $27.5. But before both drop, it was at $38.5. I would have be happy to trade it at that value, but nope.

anybody trade in jedi survivor for ps5 today? earlier it said $11 TIV now it says $18

edit: madden showing $8 and $10, so this must have just been part of the mid afternoon changes.

Last edited:
I can’t even get them to use my $5 coupon anymore I’ve been told now at multiple locations I need to buy the hardware warranty which I know is false. I thought it was just one employee but two stores in my area seem to have the employees on repeat with this statement.

Pro renewal came up and I canceled. Feels weird honestly but the benefits of it just aren’t there anymore. Had good times back around 2015-2018 ✌🏻
My renewal date is in August and I'm most likely going to cancel, too. I haven't pre-ordered a game from them in months since better deals pop up at places like Target and Walmart, and Best Buy often gets better pre-order bonuses. Once they removed the option to use the $5 monthly on currency cards, I lost a lot of reason to go there. It's a shame because my local store has a lot of nice people, but I noticed the few times I've been in lately, I'm recognizing fewer people, so I guess everyone is leaving/being relocated. Well, that just gives me another reason to jump ship.

Madden 24 XSX dropped to $8, btw.

Well, so much for trading it in.

Missed it twice it seems; a week or two ago when it was trading in for mid $20's during pro day, then when it was $15 base a day or two ago while the 50% bonus went live.

Guess it's a good reminder to not sit and wait. Amazes it dropped this much, but guess thats what happens when they openly promote the 50% trade bonus.

I can’t even get them to use my $5 coupon anymore I’ve been told now at multiple locations I need to buy the hardware warranty which I know is false. I thought it was just one employee but two stores in my area seem to have the employees on repeat with this statement.
Thats so shady . You should call corporate and complain

Well, so much for trading it in.

Missed it twice it seems; a week or two ago when it was trading in for mid $20's during pro day, then when it was $15 base a day or two ago while the 50% bonus went live.

Guess it's a good reminder to not sit and wait. Amazes it dropped this much, but guess thats what happens when they openly promote the 50% trade bonus.

Its technically still about a $2 flip

Traded a bunch a games today and got my trade credit on a card. I was trying to buy a $50 Xbox card online and it wouldn't let me use my trade credit.

Is this some new policy? Because I swear I used trade credit to buy Xbox and Nintendo cards before.

Any reason I should hold onto my Series X? (Its my secondary Series X) I was hoping to trade it towards a PS5 PRO if it launches later this year, but I don't even play anything taxing at the moment, and looks like the Switch 2 is gonna be next year. I feel like trade in values won't be anywhere near good for it now. I just don't know what I would pick up or buy with the TC.

Traded a bunch a games today and got my trade credit on a card. I was trying to buy a $50 Xbox card online and it wouldn't let me use my trade credit.

Is this some new policy? Because I swear I used trade credit to buy Xbox and Nintendo cards before.
It is policy for online orders. I’m not sure exactly when it went into effect, but probably about the beginning of the year.

bread's done
Back