Die Hard Trilogy & Alien Triple Pack $19.99 @ Target

Haggar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I noticed these "Target Exclusive" triple packs at my local Target. One was Alien 1-3, and the other was Die Hard 1-3. Both were Thin Paks in a slipcase and are $19.99.

I already have that giant Alien set, but I was thinking about getting the Die Hard one. Anyone buy this? I assume they're just movie only with no special features?

[quote name='Haggar']I noticed these "Target Exclusive" triple packs at my local Target. One was Alien 1-3, and the other was Die Hard 1-3. Both were Thin Paks in a slipcase and are $19.99.

I already have that giant Alien set, but I was thinking about getting the Die Hard one. Anyone buy this? I assume they're just movie only with no special features?[/QUOTE]

From the sounds of it I would guess that the Die Hard set is bare bones (although I haven't seen the Target Exclusive with my own eyes). If you want the bonus features, look into the Die Hard Ultimate Collection box set. That contains the 2 disc special editions of each movie. It can be found for $30 or so from time to time. I just checked deep discount and they have it for $36.59.

[quote name='captainfrizo']From the sounds of it I would guess that the Die Hard set is bare bones (although I haven't seen the Target Exclusive with my own eyes). If you want the bonus features, look into the Die Hard Ultimate Collection box set. That contains the 2 disc special editions of each movie. It can be found for $30 or so from time to time. I just checked deep discount and they have it for $36.59.[/QUOTE]

But with a movie like Die Hard speical features don't matter IMO. If I'm at a target I might check it out.

Yeah, they both were definitely bare bones editions. I saw these a while back when I was at target. I already have the Alien Quadrilogy and 6-disc Die Hard triple pack, so it's good if you're not big on special features

[quote name='MastaGamer']Yeah, they both were definitely bare bones editions. I saw these a while back when I was at target. I already have the Alien Quadrilogy and 6-disc Die Hard triple pack, so it's good if you're not big on special features[/QUOTE]
True, and the $19.99 price is a regular price for this. I did see it drop to $17.99 once for a sale. Not much, but decent price nonetheless.

If that Die Hard pack is a repackage of the original Die Hard trilogy, its garbage. The widescreen isn't anamorphic so if you have a widescreen TV don't bother buying it.

I can't say for sure but I'd suggest double checking the package before you buy it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']If that Die Hard pack is a repackage of the original Die Hard trilogy, its garbage. The widescreen isn't anamorphic so if you have a widescreen TV don't bother buying it.

I can't say for sure but I'd suggest double checking the package before you buy it.[/QUOTE]
Well I did buy this Diehard set for my girl recently, but I havent checked into that yet. She really doesnt care about extras or if its even widescreen. She just watches her movies and thats it. So I guess this set is good enough for her. I am wanting to get the collector trilogy set mentioned earlier one day.

I'm sure the newer set of Die hard movies will go on sale when the new movie is released. Or a new set will be released when new movie makes it on dvd.

If you've waited this long for the Die hard movies on dvd, you can wait a bit longer for a better/cheaper set.

bread's done
Back