Wii help!

racthamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
I just got the Wii last weekend (finally! ;) ) So last night, I tried to pop in the copy of Resident Evil 4 and swith it to progressive scan. However, the TV only display the widescreen mode but only fill up the middle part of the TV (I have a 42 inch LCD TV, i think the resolution go up to 1080i).

Is there a way to adjust the image to fit the 'whole screen'? Do I need to manually swich the resolution on my TV to be 480p (can that be done? I have no idea :) ) Thank you for any input!!!

did you buy component cables or are you using the composites that came with the game? If it is the latter then that is your problem.

[quote name='bp_']did you buy component cables or are you using the composites that came with the game? If it is the latter then that is your problem.[/QUOTE]

Hi, yes I got the component cable from play-asia and change the wii setting to 480p, but the display on my TV is still wide-screenish with black bar on top/bottom.

any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanx

IIRC, RE4 for gamecube is not available in widescreen only letterbox. The ps2 version is widescreen though.

[quote name='js1']IIRC, RE4 for gamecube is not available in widescreen only letterbox. The ps2 version is widescreen though.[/QUOTE]

thanx.. i'll try that out tonight..

ok... i got this VC download question. what happens during my download of mario kart 64 and accidently my router is messed up or got disconnected? do i lose my wiipoints? can i resume download or what?

[quote name='trunks982']ok... i got this VC download question. what happens during my download of mario kart 64 and accidently my router is messed up or got disconnected? do i lose my wiipoints? can i resume download or what?[/quote]
You can re-download any game you've bought, so that should still apply and you should be able to re-download it if it went through and the points were spent.

[quote name='js1']IIRC, RE4 for gamecube is not available in widescreen only letterbox. The ps2 version is widescreen though.[/QUOTE]

Hmm i switch the game setting to full screen (non progressive i guess) but the picture just shrunk sideway and the black bar (top and bottom) are still there. I think it maybe my tv setting. Note: when I play DVD I'll have two black bar on top and bottom also (480P).

Is there a way to watch dvd or play videogame in 480p (full screen) on the 1080i LCD TV? thanx

bread's done
Back