XBLA - Worms - 400pts

Sporadic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
Worms Coming Wednesday!

Team17 brings its popular “Worms” franchise to Xbox Live Arcade, delivering the first turn-based strategy game to the platform. Worms will be available for download beginning Wednesday, March 7 at 0800 GMT (1 a.m. PST), and will be available worldwide for 800 Microsoft Points.

From the media alert that went out this morning:

GAME FEATURES
  • A mix of strategy and arcade action that, although simple to understand, contains real depth and massive replayability
  • Turn-based multiplayer action for up to four players locally or over Xbox Live
  • An assortment of game options:

- Landscape on which to do battle​
    - Turn and round times​
    - Starting weapon arsenal for each team​
  • Three detailed tutorials to introduce the mechanics to first-time players
  • Twenty increasingly difficult single-player challenges
  • Three graphical themes for play
  • A random landscape generator to ensure that no two landscapes are ever the same
  • Twenty-two weapons and utilities to deploy against your enemies
  • Many customizable elements, including what worms and teams are named, what worms say, and which gravestone they have when they die
  • High-definition visuals and many graphical improvements throughout the game
  • Twelve achievements
  • Weekly, monthly and overall leaderboards

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2007/03/02/541945.aspx

Good job MS :applause: My heart screams yes but my wallet weeps.

[quote name='triforcer']now i gotta get me some microsoft points.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Thought I was going to have to wait until Castlevania to get some.

Oh, I forgot to post this in the main title.

[quote name='Sporadic']Well there are ten nine eight seven six games lined up for release.

3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures
Alien Hominid HD
Band of Bugs
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Catan
Eets: Chowdown
LUXOR 2
Paperboy
Root Beer Tapper
Worms[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LiquidNight']fucking awesome. Looks like I'm buying my first XBLA Game.[/QUOTE]

me too!

Finally... Ive waited so long for you baby

800 points is a sweet price, I would have been willing to pay more. Glad I don't have to :).

The weapons list I saw in the screenshot on joystiq made me do a double-take... there's a helluva lot of weapons missing from some of the previous worms. I find the lack of a holy handgrenade(!) particularly appalling :lol:

This is still a must buy for me though. Hell, they could take out everything but grenades, the bazooka, and ninja rope and I'd still buy it. I just pray that the online multiplayer is bug-free.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Best news about this is that I hope this is the beginning of a new trend of announcing each game the week before.[/QUOTE]

Probably an effort to quash the negative feedback of the past two months. Hot on the heels of Alien Hominid announce Worms. Works for me.

Can't wait to d/l Worms. I bet it will be their biggest title since Uno.

Seems like MS is finally on the right track. Now let's hope Catan and Castlevania are the next two games to come out.

The development team has already confirmed downloadable content, so I'm sure we'll see a Holy Hand Grenade in there eventually. And I'm pretty sure they confirmed extra voice packs and things like that. They pretty much had no choice but to go the DLC route because they were still working under the

I guess I need to get to Best Buy to *finally* buy me a points card... Alien Hominid and now Worms is reason enough :D

GGC + $5 RZ cert = $10 XBLA points card, I can live with $5 Worms and $5 Alien Hominid ;)

[quote name='Indiana']Seems like MS is finally on the right track. Now let's hope Catan and Castlevania are the next two games to come out.[/QUOTE]
I don't know if two decent releases in as many weeks means they're suddenly on the right track.

If TMNT and Castlevania (LOL!!!!11) show up in a fairly speedy fashion after this, and then we continue to get 2 or 3 worthwhile releases a month, it may be a sign that things are starting to get straightened out.

I thought I heard Catan was still a ways off, but I may be thinking of something else.

[quote name='KaneRobot']ne1 kno w when castlevania is comin out[/quote]
:applause: Huzzah Kane. Laugh of the day! The profile edit is just icing on the cake.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

i'm so fucking excited....yay

Wow, I can honestly say I wasn't expecting this back to back.

I'm kind of torn. I was still iffy on Alien Hominid right now. I want it, but at the same time, I'm working through the backlog first.

Wow, now Worms, in the span of under a week, I might get 2 games. Wow.

Great news. I couldn't get into Alien Hominid yesterday, it was too old-school hard for me to enjoy. I've never played Worms, but I've heard great things about it. Hope it's fun.

If they actually released good games every week I would gladly plop down $5-10 a week...

800 is a pretty good pricepoint (though I did just get World Party for PS1 unopened for $5 at EB...)

Never played it, but it appears to be popular. Is it worth it, and what should I expect?

The thoughts of TMNT on XBLA are wonderful...and is it weird if I'm a little excited for a minigolf game? If it's 400 pts for minigolf, I'm in.

Finally.

Now maybe you guys will stop complaining all the damn time. It was getting annoying. Just because you don't like one arcade game doesn't mean MS isn't going to sell tens of thousands of that game to other people who do want that game.

[quote name='LiquidNight']Can anyone explain to me how the GGC at Best Buy works?
It seems to be the cheapest way for me to get points.[/QUOTE]
It's a gift card that comes with a $5 off $19.99 coupon. If you're going to buy the points, put $15 on the GC.

[quote name='LiquidNight']Can anyone explain to me how the GGC at Best Buy works?
It seems to be the cheapest way for me to get points.[/QUOTE]

Just look for the gift card, which a picture of is found in this post, in your best buy store. Usually they are found at checkout stands. Put whatever amount on the gift card you want, then go back through the line and use the coupon on the back for $5 off any game or accessory.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Just look for the gift card, which a picture of is found in this post, in your best buy store. Usually they are found at checkout stands. Put whatever amount on the gift card you want, then go back through the line and use the coupon on the back for $5 off any game or accessory.[/quote]

I used to do that, but I don't even care anymore. I just grab a gift card like I had it before I came into the store and rip off the coupon right in front of the cashier, then throw away the empty gift card at home.

Full list of weapons/utilities:

Bazooka, Homing Missile, Grenade, Cluster Bomb, Banana Bomb, Dynamite, Air Strike, Shotgun, Uzi, Fire Punch, Dragon Ball, Prod, Blowtorch, Land Mine, Sheep, Kamikaze, Ninja Rope, Girder, Jet Pack, Teleport, Skip Go, Surrender.

No super sheep but there is a banana bomb. Crates only contain the weapons above. Sheep and Bananas are found in crates (as per the original) - as well as the odd dynamite.

Missing:
  • Mortar
  • Homing Pigeon
  • Patsy's Magic Bullet
  • Gas Canister
  • Sticky Bomb
  • Mole Bomb - Not to be confused with the mole bomb of Worms: Armageddon and Worms World Party, this weapon is only available in Worms Reinforcements and Worms United. It is a cluster bomb with drill shaped bomblets that can dig through terrain. Explosion power is that of the banana bomb. Due to a bug it was very rare in crates.
  • Homing Cluster Bomb
    [*]Holy Hand Grenade
    [*]Super Banana Bomb
  • Petrol Bomb
  • Cluster Launcher
  • Chilli Con Carnage
  • Fridge Launcher
  • Trebuchet
  • Handgun
  • Sniper Rifle
  • Sentry Gun
  • Minigun
    [*]Longbow
  • Poison Arrow
  • Ballista
  • Giant Crossbow
  • Blowpipe
  • Starburst
  • Suicide Bomber
  • Battle Axe
  • Viking Axe
  • Tail Nail
  • Baseball Bat
  • Mega Mine
  • Priceless Ming Vase
  • Sheep Launcher
  • Super Sheep
  • Aqua Sheep
  • Sheep-On-A-Rope
  • Cloned Sheep
  • Super Hippo
  • Mole Bomb
  • Mad Cow
  • Rhino
  • Old Woman
  • Salvation Army
  • Skunk
  • Inflatable Scouser
  • Bovine Blitz
  • Homing Strike
    [*]Napalm Strike
  • Mail Strike
  • Lottery Strike
  • Mine Strike
  • Doctor Strike
  • Animal Strike
  • Mole Squadron
    [*]Carpet Bomb
  • MB Bomb
  • French Sheep Strike
  • Alien Abduction
  • Concrete Donkey
  • Trojan Donkey
  • Fatkins Strike
  • Earthquake
  • Scales of Justice
  • Flood
  • Nuke
  • Indian Nuclear Test
  • Nuclear Strike
  • Armageddon
  • Bungee
  • Parachute
  • Low Gravity
  • Crate Spy
  • Damage × 2
  • Double Turn Time
  • Fast Walk
  • Laser Sight
  • Select Worm
  • Crate Shower
  • Icarus Potion
  • Bubble Trouble
  • Invisibility
  • Freeze
  • Red Bull
  • Mystery Crate
  • Global Warming
  • Barrel o' Laughs
  • Medical Insurance
  • Bring on the Mines
  • Super Health
  • Hyperactive
  • Sick it to Them
  • Big Guns
  • Moon Physics
  • Damage Incoming
  • Sabotage Inventory
  • Team Disease
  • Reposition Worm
  • Extended Time
  • Mine Factory
  • Telepad

i've played worms armageddon and worms world party and havent even herad of half the ones that are "missing"

i think there are enough weapons to still make the game fun and strategic, but i'm guessing they could release weapon packs on XBL

[quote name='swetooth9']i've played worms armageddon and worms world party and havent even herad of half the ones that are "missing"

i think there are enough weapons to still make the game fun and strategic, but i'm guessing they could release weapon packs on XBL[/quote]
Same here. Also the developers did state that there will be DLC which will most likely include weapons, some will be free and some will be for purchasing but it will not unbalance the game for those who don't buy.

I'm really curious as to what the weapon titled as "Old Woman" does :lol:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Same here. Also the developers did state that there will be DLC which will most likely include weapons, some will be free and some will be for purchasing but it will not unbalance the game for those who don't buy.

I'm really curious as to what the weapon titled as "Old Woman" does :lol:[/quote]

in armageddon, i remember it was a Grandma that would walk around to the target then explode, heh

Yeah, even though this is almost a direct port of the PSP Worms Open Warfare, I'm gonna buy this just for the online play (which I hope doesn't suck. :p)

If you guys want to add me to your XBL friends list, go ahead.

bread's done
Back