GitS: Solid State Society LE Tin Pre-Order $15 at BB.com.

anyone know if there are any other versions coming out of this dvd? I think they released several different kinds for the 2nd movie.

Oh, so they mixed the prices with the regular DVD.

Do you think they still send me the LE if they notice the mistake?

[quote name='RimDot']Oh, so they mixed the prices with the regular DVD.

Do you think they still send me the LE if they notice the mistake?[/QUOTE]

Possibly, it's worth a shot.

[quote name='unbongwah']Any idea what's actually included with the LE? Can't seem to find any details on it...[/quote]
prod_special.jpg

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society - Limited Edition (Steelbook)
3-Disc Collection Featuring 2 DVDs and SSS Original Soundtrack

Features
  • Anamorphic Widescreen
  • Animated Interactive DVD Menus
  • Japanese & English 5.1 & DTS Audio
  • English Subtitles
Extras
  • Uchikoma Days
  • Work World File
  • Anime + Car Design - Designing the Future Car
  • Making of Tachikoma Robot
  • English Production Interview
  • Mitsuhisa Ishikawa (Production I.G) Interview
  • Storyboard Subtitles

Havent seen it yet but love anything GITS. Saw it was 8.0 on imdb and in for one. Anyone who is a big GITS think its not worth $15 if it comes through?

I have this recorded on my Tivo from Monday's showing on SciFi channel. Have to give it a look-see and if it's good, I'll probably give this an order.

I've seen Solid State Society. It's good but it's a direct sequel to the second season of GITS: SAC. The animation is a little nicer than the series, but the truth is SAC's strength lies in long, serialized stories, not a movie.

A friend of mine said it was like a long big episode of 2nd gig. For $15 if they ship the LE ill keep it else its getting returned.

If you like GitS even a little it is a complete steal @15. IMO GitS always has awesome music. So I'm in on this.

SSS is better than most of what I've scene from hollywood in 07. It's kind of like a really well written episode of 24 with a little CSI and some Bourne for good measure.

It was amusing to see what they blurred out in the SciFi airing. The soundtrack was good but reused some songs from the show. Still a good deal for $15 until you need to rebuy the movie in Blu-Ray or HD DVD.

[quote name='Owen']It was amusing to see what they blurred out in the SciFi airing. The soundtrack was good but reused some songs from the show. Still a good deal for $15 until you need to rebuy the movie in Blu-Ray or HD DVD.[/QUOTE]

Bra I would through down like $300 for 1st and 2nd Gig on bd in 1080p with a PCM soundtrack. Oh, oh, ohhh. Nerdgasm.

Now I'm all randy and I can't sleep.(wrong forum)

It's kind of like a really well written episode of 24 with a little CSI and some Bourne for good measure.

That's an oxymoron since none of those three have ever been well written. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy 24 and the Bourne movies, but writing is not their strengths. Any series where a main character gets chased by a mountain lion makes the writing beyond redemption.

Anyone have any experience with BB.com price mistakes? I can see them shipping the normal edition and then me having to try to argue they send the wrong one or returning it.

[quote name='coltcannon']Anyone have any experience with BB.com price mistakes? I can see them shipping the normal edition and then me having to try to argue they send the wrong one or returning it.[/quote]
I don't think they will do that. The SKU is clearly the LE one. They will either ship your the LE version or cancel your order.

Well they're already asking me how my product delivery went and I haven't even gotten the thing yet. The site lists it as "In Process" for me.

[quote name='WTK']Now $12.99!
[/QUOTE]

I saw that last night. I was wondering if that was actually it or not.

Im hesitant about this considering I have yet to see ANY episodes of the series....or should i jump on this no matter if Ive only seen the movie. Im thinking about getting the series anyway

I missed out at $14.99 but made sure to get an order in now. Hopefully it will be a higher price instore when it is released as I would hate to be paying an extra shipping charge to get it a week after it's released.

From their Onlince Price Policy for Preorders: "If the price of an item drops at the time of shipment, you will automatically pay the lower price."
Mine still is $14.99.

Wow, you won't believe this guys,

I was in the middle of checkout entering my Credit Card, then when I was about the submit my order, the price went to $29.99!

I went back to the cart to double-check and sure enough, it's back to $29.99..

**I swear I feel that my good luck has run out over a month ago..

I received shipment confirmation today, and when I went to check how much I was charged the total is now $15.88. Sweeeeeet, much pleased. :D

Got mine today, i've been in steelbook heaven lately. With Hellsing Ultimate, Black Lagoon, and now GITS: SSS. I wish all dvds would release in steelbooks, they look so cool.

bread's done
Back