EGM: Skies of Arcadia sequel!

Bah! You got my hopes up.:whistle2:(

It's a rumor which could go either way as do most of EGM's rumors.

Please be true though.:pray:

[quote name='The Crotch']Coming soon to a cell phone near CheapyD, I'll bet.

If this rumour is true, I will make it my personal mission to kill off every single shitty programmer, level designer, animator, voice actor, etc. just to ensure that only the best people will be around to work on ths game. If it meets expecations, I'll be forced to buy whatever console/handheld it arrives on.[/QUOTE]

Hehe you aren't kidding. I hope all of Overwork's former people are organized to work on it. Knowing Sammy though if this comes out it'll end up being a giant piece of shit. Sega knows how to make video games. Now Sammy on the other hand, aside from fighting games, know how to make jack shit.

[quote name='The Crotch']Myself, wouldn't mind seeing this handled by the team Nintendo bought up a few months back - the guys that did Baiten Kaitos. Or Camelot, but they're busy on Mario Golf or some bullshit instead of sticking with RPGs.[/quote]
Camelot's much, much better at sports games than RPGs.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Camelot's much, much better at sports games than RPGs.[/QUOTE]

I agree, though I thought the GS games were okay.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I agree, though I thought the GS games were okay.[/quote]
If I had trouble sleeping, GS would've been good for that.

[quote name='keithp']Why all the negativity? Man, I'd love a sequel. Would it be multi-platform you think? Or Wii-exclusive?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't help that Sammy are complete fucking idiots. They should shut up and go back to Pachinko which they know. Let Sega contract out game work to people like Mizuguchi and Naka-san with Priobe as well as Monolith occasionally.
Crotch when Sega hits they hit though. Look at shit like "Segagaga". Sega was the ONLY game developer worth anything when it came to thinking outside the box and making it happen. Yes you could argue other's may have great ideas and tried to implement them I'm sure but Sega had the capital and spent it to make it happen.
Look at Panzer Dragoon artwise. Yeah it's an on-rail shooter but just look at it as well as the gameplay being solid. With "Nights" there was nothing like it. Look at "Clockwork Knight", "Jet Set Radio", "Gunvalkyrie"(more typical but look at the art) and "Rez". I'm sure there is more.
Now look at Nintendo, stagnant as a motherfucker. I mean their games are solid, don't get me wrong but create some new, creative franchises. Think outside the fucking box.

[quote name='Vegan']EGM should just start calling that the Bullshit Section.[/QUOTE]

That's the wishful thinking part of the rumors section: yeah bullshit.

While some of you are saying "This has been said before, EGM!", you guys seem to forget that most of the stuff they say generally DOES turn out to happen. Remember when they constantly said a NiGHTS sequel was likely to be happening?

Gee, wonder whatever happened to that!

Besides, why the hell not? Sega's already got a new NiGHTS and a new Samba de Amigo coming.

[quote name='The Crotch']I know people like Camelot's sports games, but... huh? Camelot's done more RPGs than just Golden Sun - they were responsible for the Shining Forces back before they were steaming piles of "meh".

Sarang: New franchises are overrated.[/quote]
I'm judging them based on their latest works, which were boring as hell. They're doing what works, as they're working on We Love Golf for Capcom right now.

[quote name='lawlflip']I remember playing this on the DC at my friends house.

What systems would the sequel be released on?[/quote]
Likely either an Xbox 360 or Wii release would make sense. Sega seems to show Microsoft and Nintendo more love than Sony. Especially when originally SoA was to be ported to the PS2 and GameCube and only the GCN version was released.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']"Quartermann" had this rumor in EGM like, 4 years ago. I'll get excited when it's actually confirmed, and is on a real console.[/QUOTE]
It could've been legit at the time since Overworks disbanded shortly after the rumor. Things get lost in the shuffle all the time.

Haha, Quartermann was lazy this month. God of War 3 and Gears of War 2, ya don't fucking say. God, I wish I could get paid to state the obvious like he does.

[quote name='Sarang01']people like Mizuguchi and Naka-san[/QUOTE]
Excuse me, are we speaking Japanese here? No? Then don't use Japanese-language honorifics when speaking English, muthafucka. :p

Seriously, when was the last time anyone who isn't French called Michel Ancel (the Rayman guy) Monsieur Ancel? Why do so many English-speaking people actually say and write -san? It's just ridiculous, if you ask me.

If I remember correctly egm called out a new streetfighter game 4-5 months ago, but then again I could just be crazy.

[quote name='The Crotch']Two RPGs on the fucking GBA and a bunch Mario Tennis do not a track record make. Though I'm not sure how much of the old Shining Force team is still there...[/quote]
Mario Tennis and Mario Golf on the GC, GBA, N64, and GBC are a very good track record. Add in the Golden Sun games and that's 10 games in the past eight years. The GBC golf game's a fantastic game and the Golden Sun games are the only subpar games they made over that stretch.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Haha, Quartermann was lazy this month. God of War 3 and Gears of War 2, ya don't fucking say. God, I wish I could get paid to state the obvious like he does.

Excuse me, are we speaking Japanese here? No? Then don't use Japanese-language honorifics when speaking English, muthafucka. :p

Seriously, when was the last time anyone who isn't French called Michel Ancel (the Rayman guy) Monsieur Ancel? Why do so many English-speaking people actually say and write -san? It's just ridiculous, if you ask me.[/quote]Sarang is known for being a Japanese wannabe. And a lot of people use it because they think it makes them sound more cultured, when in reality, it makes them sound like a tool.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Haha, Quartermann was lazy this month. God of War 3 and Gears of War 2, ya don't fucking say. God, I wish I could get paid to state the obvious like he does.[/quote]
You should read more closely. It's that they were coming next fall, not that they were in development.

[quote name='dafoomie']It could've been legit at the time since Overworks disbanded shortly after the rumor. Things get lost in the shuffle all the time.[/quote]
Never know. Sonic Team Japan made both Samba de Amigo and NiGHTS. NiGHTS' sequel is being handled by the American division of what was once Sonic Team USA and Samba de Amigo's sequel is being handled by a different developer.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Excuse me, are we speaking Japanese here? No? Then don't use Japanese-language honorifics when speaking English, muthafucka. :p

Seriously, when was the last time anyone who isn't French called Michel Ancel (the Rayman guy) Monsieur Ancel? Why do so many English-speaking people actually say and write -san? It's just ridiculous, if you ask me.[/QUOTE]HEY! stop picking on Sarang01-oppa!

you're ridiculous!!

I was really happy when I heard the rumor that 300 was coming to 360 and/or PS3.After playing the terrible psp game I felt a next gen system could really do a 300 game some justice.Sadly that was months ago and it hasn't resurfaced since...

wasn't the sequel announced when they announced the Gamecube and PS2 ports? Then cancelled along with the PS2 port?
Not to bag on the Wii, but I hope they don't make it Wii only and try to get off with something that looks exactly like SoA.

[quote name='heavyd853']I don't care what its released on. I'll look forward to the sequel since the first was so much fun.[/quote]

true enough. yet for those of us who are "wii-less," we'd be straight out of luck :headache:

A "German community fansite," eh? Bleh, just as worthless as every other SoA2 rumor from the past 5 years.

A SoA sequel is now less likely than ever. Sega Sammy just posted a half-billion dollar loss. They're not going to be going with anything other than the safest of bets for the next few years, methinks.

This is basically been confirmed to be false.

Almost everything SEGA does now is shit.

They are only a former image of what they were.

[quote name='InuFaye']

They are only a former image of what they were.[/quote]

ninjaquiet.jpg

Respect SEGA foolz!

I dream for a Skies sequel, but I do hope it gets released on PS3/360 instead of Wii, cause you know they'll have you wagglin to fly the damn ships or something stupid as that. I'm sure Sega will find some way to screw it up anyway tho.

Got my hopes up but it is hard for me to believe a rumor that is about 8 months old that we have heard nothing else about. Even if if is sega. Either way at least I get Yakuza 2.

and Valkyrai looks like a good game, plus it has the same director as Skies of Arcadia and the music guy from FFT

[quote name='InuFaye']This is basically been confirmed to be false.

They are only a former image of what they were.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this... but I also want a SoA2. I'm going to hold off on getting hyped up until I see something.

[quote name='InuFaye']It will most likely be a port of the DC game to the wii.[/QUOTE]

Nah...It will be a watered down hack-n-slash to take "advantage" of the Wii's controls.

[quote name='InuFaye']It will most likely be a port of the DC game to the wii.[/quote]

But there's already a version of Skies that plays perfectly on the Wii.

[quote name='Vegan']But there's already a version of Skies that plays perfectly on the Wii.[/quote]

Not a version with Wii specific mini-games.

[quote name='62t']and Valkyrai looks like a good game, plus it has the same director as Skies of Arcadia and the music guy from FFT[/QUOTE]Valkyria is the best Sega RPG since Skies, I've heard (and is quite good), which is why I want it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a new Skies, but my bets are Wii wiil get it (possibly PS3).

bread's done
Back