How much does Gamestop give for DVD trade-ins?

Foxhack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
113 (100%)
I just found a bunch of DVDs I don't want, so I'm wondering how much they offer for "no-name" DVD trade-ins? I know it's less than a buck, but I want to make sure.

The DVDs I'm talking about are ones I picked up at local dollar stores or other places, like flea markets. They've got no resale value (they're $1 DVDs!) so I guess I'd like to use them to get a bit of credit at the store.

(And I can't trade them in at FYE, the clerks just look at me funny when I ask them about dollar DVDs.)

Any help? Thanks.

[quote name='mguiddy']If GS won't take them try a pawn shop.[/quote]The local pawn shops won't take anything other than jewelry. So that's out of the question...

I don't know what they give now, but they gave $.80 for each "generic" DVD around this time last year. Basically "generic" meant they didn't have the bar code in the system, so everything that went unrecognized was under that name.

But they've pretty much abandoned their used DVDs promotion. You can't get cash anymore and they've lowered the trade-in prices. But it's probably the only store in your area that will take those crappy $1 DVDs.

Bump, I have a few questions about multiple disc DVD sets.

If I bring in a three DVD set, will it count for three? So if say, I get sixty cents for one no-name DVD, and this one has three DVDs, will I get 1.80 for it? I found a set that I got a while ago and has six DVDs in their individual cases, so I'm wondering if that'll work or not.

Also, does a DVD have to have a UPC code to be accepted into the system, or can I bring any DVD that's a commercial release, even if it doesn't have a UPC code?

This is kinda urgent, I'm dumping a bunch of DVDs there tomorrow. Thanks. :)

bread's done
Back