Need help selecting a flat screen- 23"-27" for this weekend (April 21)

Watchman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So here's the deal.

I want to get a nice, 23"-27" widescreen flatscreen TV for when the MGS4/PS3 Bundle pack comes out.

I'm really looking to spend no more than $400, 450 shipped- B&M is highly desired. The lower, the better. (I'm in SoCal too for anyone that can help.)

I really really love Panasonic (I've never had a product of theirs let me down-- well, there was that cordless phone, but we won't talk about that) , but I'd be also open to Samsung. Not too crazy about Sony, and off-brands I've never heard of are out.

If it has HDMI capability, sweet. I just want a crisp bright picture, nothing huge, and maybe a plug for headphones (I have a PC sound system that simply uses the headphone jack). Faux surround would be a plus.

I'm actually looking to get it this weekend for the MGO beta.

Coupons, OOB undamaged, whatever-- just find me a WS flatscreen for $400. I get closer and closer in my searches (haven't been able to crack anything below the $475 mark).

Quality is key gang. Thanks very much.

By the way, did i mention I still have a handful of MGO beta codes?
Any help finding a $400 or less flatscreen HDTV gets one-- and I've seen the Olietra one on Newegg, thanks.

Hmm. I'd have to go into the store to check the quality out-- the brand is Fry's own and made in Taiwan.

I'll definitely take bigger if the quality is there. You learn very quickly after a few stores what the price range really is-- and anything over 23" starts at $500 and up for lower name-brand.

Thanks for the lead!

[quote name='Capn Stabby']http://shop3.outpost.com/product/51...91AGrAeoA**.node1?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

32" for 399 w/ HDMI

(I apologize if you were looking ONLY for 23-27, but something to keep in mind I guess)[/quote]

Well, I found an open box at BB 22" LG Flatscreen for $450-- the LG 22LC2D. No manual, realized once I got home it's the wrong remote (once I dug up the online manual from the abhorrent LG website), and my PS2 picture looks like fuck on it-- but I got a HDMI cable today, hooked up the temporary PS3, and MAN, is that thing ever pretty.

Trouble is though it's dimming with RCA cables when I watch/play anything and the picture becomes predominantly black (think: movie credits). I haven't tried it yet with the HDMI, but I put a call in to LG and they think it might be the RCA plugs at fault-- they're sending shipping stickers and I can mail it after the few weeks I play MGO for, which is cool.

That said, thanks to everyone who looked-- but if you can even find a similar sized model on sale for less at B&M-type stores, still, let me know. I got 30 days to decide if this is my final model.

Maybe you should go with your experience and stick with a Panasonic. The quality and picture on the 26lx70 is well worth the slight bump in price.

Great 26" anti-glare screen with bright and vibrant natural colors. Blacks are true with no clouds in dark scenes. Smooth gradations. Built-in speakers are loud and above average - unlike the common tinny sound complaints that plague other sets. Can't say for videogames (helped my relative pick this out) but everything else plugged in with just OTA antenna and regular rca's look beautiful.

It's $539.95 at BHPhotoVideo (NYC) before shipping. Was clearanced out from CC's a few months ago @ $500. Newegg had them for $599.99 free shiping, but they're all gone now.

Totally overlooked LCD TV. Drop the smaller open box LG and get something you will be happy with for the long and short term.

I have an Olevia 532h that I'm pretty happy with. The cable reception here on campus is shite so I can't comment on how broadcast TV looks, but my 360 is gorgeous and DVDs look good too. It seems to be above your upper boundaries but just wanted to offer my input.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Maybe you should go with your experience and stick with a Panasonic. The quality and picture on the 26lx70 is well worth the slight bump in price.

It's $539.95 at BHPhotoVideo (NYC) before shipping. Was clearanced out from CC's a few months ago @ $500. Newegg had them for $599.99 free shiping, but they're all gone now.

Totally overlooked LCD TV. Drop the smaller open box LG and get something you will be happy with for the long and short term.[/quote]

Inasmuch as I would love to get a Panasonic, I had to set a strict budget for this whole setup. I'm already dropping 500 samoleans for the MGS4 bundle pack come June 12. I got lucky on a PC sound system for $60 that normally went for nearly triple that off of Amazon a few months back, and if I go any bigger, I'm going to have to buy a cabinet or stand for it as well.

Sometimes you just have to make do with what you have. The LG is oh-so-pretty anyways-- I just need to figure out why it keeps dimming on dark screens-- but LG says they'll take care of it once I send it back in, free of charge and shipping.

Still, thanks all the same-- I'd really love to get it, but after tax and shipping, that's another $100+ I don't have.

[quote name='Pirate331']I have an Olevia 532h that I'm pretty happy with. The cable reception here on campus is shite so I can't comment on how broadcast TV looks, but my 360 is gorgeous and DVDs look good too. It seems to be above your upper boundaries but just wanted to offer my input.[/quote]

Thanks. Olevia seems to be getting praise around these parts a lot. It's something to keep in mind for the future. But who am I kidding-- eventually when I upgrade I'll just get a Panasonic anyways-- brand loyalty with that one is probably the strongest and longest one I've ever had-- going on 20+ years now.

bread's done
Back