Can my computer run Ass Creed III and IV? (specs inside)

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hope I'm posting in the right place.  Been obsessing over which platform to get Ass IV on, but then I thought, frick, if a PS3 can run this game, surely my PC can run it as well as a PS3, at least (and probably a lot better).

(I know; its not out yet, so this is hypothetical.)

8GB RAM
solid-state drive
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.70GHz
nVidia GT 650M (2GB vRAM, shader model 5.0 I think, DX11 probably)

It's a laptop, and its native resolution is 720p, which helps with frame rate.

According to the minimum specs, my processor is below what I'd need, but that seems silly since it's not even a year old.

And you'd think I'd be able to run Ass III pretty decently on it at least, right?  Had been thinking I'd get Ass IV, and maybe III, on Wii U, as the gamepad off-tv play would be nice, but seriously, if my computer can't run these games well at 720p, there is something wrong with the world.

I'm right, right?  I can run Ass IV on my PC as well as any PS3 or Wii U could, yeah?

Thanks in advance.  Been obsessing over this for days.  :(  Who knows why!

I checked out the game requirements and your computer should be able to run it. Even your processor appears to meet the requirements.

Oh, thanks!

I did that "Can You Run It?" thing, and it was saying my processor wasn't good enough.  I have a suspicion that website is not very accurate, though...

And, again, you'd think I'd still be able to run it as well as a PS3 would...  (Although maybe not as well as a PS4...?)

Your computer is closer to a PS4 than a PS3, actually. Although the PS4 should have a little more oomph in its hardware.

Good point!  Thanks!  I'm embarrassed I ever considered getting this for a console now.  It would be fun on Wii U with the gamepad, but I think I'll be able to get a lot more of the things I like (moving vegetation, draw distance, shadows) from my PC.

Wonder how long it'll be before Steam has a sale on ACIV.  :)  Holiday sale?

Still need to play Revelations and 3, so I'd better just be patient.  Missed Revelations when it was $5.

It's better than my PC and I can run most games on high without issue. I know this is going to change next year when games are made for more powerful systems.

It's better than my PC and I can run most games on high without issue. I know this is going to change next year when games are made for more powerful systems.
Yeah, I gotta remember that high on a PC is generally better than a PS3 would run something. Heck, medium probably is. Sure is a lot of pop-in (of grass, details and shadows, but nothing serious) in AC2, even with everything maxed out.

I'm hoping I'll be good with my last-gen consoles, Wii U, portables and PC for a couple years. :) I still have a huge PS3 backlog, and I don't really want a PS3 and PS4 sitting in my living room. Backward compatibility might have sold it for me...

Hopefully my PC can handle the multiplatform stuff for a while longer.

bread's done
Back