Quick Question About Xbox Live Between Xbox and 360

Mr. Anderson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Can you have the same account on both the Xbox and Xbox 360? I'm getting a 360 soon, but I don't want to give up all the games that aren't BC yet. Can anybody answer this for me?

I believe you can import your account to the 360 as long as you have the nametag and email address. But as far as logging on the same account on both the XBox Live and 360 Live at the same time I wouldn't know.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']I believe you can import your account to the 360 as long as you have the nametag and email address. But as far as logging on the same account on both the XBox Live and 360 Live at the same time I wouldn't know.[/QUOTE]

If you didn't know the answer to the original question why would you bother even replying? I'm just curious.

Its not possible to be on both consoles at the same time with the same gamertag.

I was downloading demos on my 360 and booted up Futurama on my regular xbox to pass the time. I forgot to disable auto log-in on my regular xbox, so when I checked the progression of the demos...the 360 had frozen and the screen was scrambled.

[quote name='mmn']If you didn't know the answer to the original question why would you bother even replying? I'm just curious.[/QUOTE]

The question asks whether he can have the same account in both the original XBox Live and XBox 360, and I answered it in the first sentence (even if I wasn't 100% sure, which is why I used "I believe"). In the second sentence I added more to it (in which he didn't ask) on whether it is possible to log onto the same account with both the XBox Live and 360 Live (whether playing original XBox games or 360 games). And thus opens up another question in which some other people have answered.

Was it hard to understand? :)

[quote name='terribledeli']Its not possible to be on both consoles at the same time with the same gamertag.

I was downloading demos on my 360 and booted up Futurama on my regular xbox to pass the time. I forgot to disable auto log-in on my regular xbox, so when I checked the progression of the demos...the 360 had frozen and the screen was scrambled.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that answers another one of my questions.

I dont think you can still have your LIVE account on your xbox once you port it over to the 360. it changes the account to a 360 GOLD account.

I stand corrrected from the FAQ on xbox website for LIVE:

Q: Will I need some sort of "Xbox Live 360" membership in addition to my existing Xbox Live membership if I want to use the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system on Xbox Live?

A: No. The Xbox Live service you know and love supports both the original Xbox video game system and the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system. Once you migrate your account information to your Xbox 360 console, you'll be all set for gaming on either system.

No question, Xbox 360 delivers the full force of our dramatic service improvements to Xbox Live, but the service you subscribe to is the same.

bread's done
Back