Anyone know anything about Apache/Websites

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='afedock']My mom some got me this job maintaining her works website, but I honestly don't know shit about websites. Anyways, they found out they had an old domain name that they want linked to their new domain name. So, I'm trying to edit this .htaccess file on the apache host server for the new site. Now, this is the email I receive earlier.

"I have gained access to register.com and made the DNS changes we needed.

I have also pointed www.elcirmo.org to the www.earlylearningirmo.org site. There seems to be a problem on the receiving end though. A place holder is displayed instead of the actual site. I believe that has to do with the server at earlylearningirmo.org not recognizing the elcirmo.org header. This is a minor configuration that will need to made at that end by whoever manages that server."

I tried googling and started on the trying to add a 301 permanent move, but its not working. Can anyone help me?[/QUOTE]
Nepotism at its finest...

[quote name='afedock']Great advice, maybe that will link the domains. Try and help my problem or fuck off.[/QUOTE]

Your problem is that you got a job thanks to your mom that you can't even do properly.

You seem better suited to flipping burgers or packing my groceries. I'm sure you'd be able to do that right.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Your problem is that you got a job thanks to your mom that you can't even do properly.

You seem better suited to flipping burgers or packing my groceries. I'm sure you'd be able to do that right.[/QUOTE]

Whatever man, I should have thought before I posted that reply. Anyways, you don't know me so don't make judgment on me. You would be surprised who can be on the other end of the keyboard.

[quote name='afedock']Whatever man, I should have thought before I posted that reply. Anyways, you don't know me so don't make judgment on me. You would be surprised who can be on the other end of the keyboard.[/QUOTE]

What?

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i think he is saying he is the Alpha and the Omega[/QUOTE]

Thats not what I meant. Just because I don't know how to modify .htaccess files on apache servers doesn't mean I should be bagging some little kid's groceries.

[quote name='afedock']Thats not what I meant. Just because I don't know how to modify .htaccess files on apache servers doesn't mean I should be bagging some little kid's groceries.[/quote]

it was a joke relax. I would just try to google the shit out of it for info. Word it every way possible in hopes of a solution.

[quote name='afedock']Thats not what I meant. Just because I don't know how to modify .htaccess files on apache servers doesn't mean I should be bagging some little kid's groceries.[/QUOTE]

very true, mainly because little kids dont grocery shop. Now bagging some adults groceries... thats all you.

I can see it now.. "show me how to bag these groceries or fuck off" *fired/kick in the balls*

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back