1GB MicroSD - $10 shipped

This item will also go nicely with the OP deal:
Stick your SD (or MicroSD w/Adapter) in and you've got a USB thumbdrive/card reader to go. $6.95 shipped.

http://meritline.stores.yahoo.net/usb-sd-mmc-rs-mmc-memory-card-reader-writer.html

meritline_1934_43166799

As for reliability: 90% rating on Bizrate with over 50,000 reviews:
http://www.bizrate.com/ratings_guide/cust_reviews__mid--26077.html

EDIT: they also take Paypal! I'm going shopping there now for $30 worth of memory stuff for $15 after Paypal rebate.

DONE: $30.88 w/free shipping on:
DS Lite Dark Gray Kroo Case $6.99
DS Lite Black Silicone Kroo Skin $6.99
Kingston 1gb MicroSD $9.95
Meritline USB card reader thing (see above) $6.95

$15.88 shipped after Paypal Rebate.

Thanks OP!

I bought 2 Kingstone 1 gb micro sd cards, and the meritline all in one reader and writer(blue).Total $37.77-15=22.77.Not bad.Ive wasted to much money this month.:cry:Thanks for the heads up.

I bought 2 Kingstone 1 gb micro sd cards, and the meritline all in one reader and writer(blue).Total $37.77-15=22.77.Not bad.Impulse buy.:cry:

/\ Will do. You think they are fake then i take it?

I ordered from here it beat Newegg but not by much. I used that $15 paypal rebate and was good to go.

Thanks OP, in for one. I don't really need an SD card but I figure I could use this with a camera or a cell phone in the future if I get one with an SD expansion slot.

[quote name='McAck']Was looking to get one of these for my new LG vx8600. This is only $2.99 after the mail in rebate. --- Here[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link on that... A little to late now though darn it!!

Got mine today. Very fast for free shipping. I like the SD card adapter that comes with. Definitely recommended.

Up to $10.95 now.

[quote name='cheapasskoji']When you guys get yours, can you state whether its made in Japan? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, mine says Japan on it.

[quote name='coolcps']i accidently ordered a regular SD card off newegg, gotta RMA that, I think I shall get this one now.[/QUOTE]

Wow, kill me now, I need a mini, not a micro. How could I do this twice, I think honorable suicide is the only way out, and I can't figure out how to cancel.

[quote name='coolcps']Wow, kill me now, I need a mini, not a micro. How could I do this twice, I think honorable suicide is the only way out, and I can't figure out how to cancel.[/quote]

It's not your fault. Blame the genius that though up. SD, MicroSD and MiniSD

[quote name='magiic']It's not your fault. Blame the genius that though up. SD, MicroSD and MiniSD[/QUOTE]

yea, for real though, but I have been pretty off these last few weeks. I guess I gotta wake up in the morning and call them, and my search for a MINI-SD card shall continue (and hopefully end in getting the right kind).

[quote name='magiic']It's not your fault. Blame the genius that though up. SD, MicroSD and MiniSD[/QUOTE]

I had no idea they made botha micro and mini... I better have got the correct ones...

Why is an extra sd card needed for phones? Just for expanded storage for photos? I've taken a ton of pictures and have a lot of names in my phone. I don't know how much memory comes in the phone, but I can't imagine having an extra gig of space on there.

[quote name='Frank784']Why is an extra sd card needed for phones? Just for expanded storage for photos? I've taken a ton of pictures and have a lot of names in my phone. I don't know how much memory comes in the phone, but I can't imagine having an extra gig of space on there.[/QUOTE]

I have an LG Chocolate. It has like 64MB worth of Space for Music and 64MB worth of space for Pictures and stuff. Putting the 1GB MicroSD Card in will allow me to put about 240 songs. Also I can put NES and other Game EMU's on it.

yea ...for mp3s it helps out..it just seems imposible to get the darn things to play on any phone...I have an LG 8600 which is similar to the chocolate. Anybody know how?

[quote name='McAck']yea ...for mp3s it helps out..it just seems imposible to get the darn things to play on any phone...I have an LG 8600 which is similar to the chocolate. Anybody know how?[/QUOTE]

Thats the Flip phone chocolate right? First you have to pop the Card in you phone and format it. Then load the songs into the correct folder.

Also I make my own custom ringtones on mine so I need all the Internal memory as possible.

[quote name='Frank784']Why is an extra sd card needed for phones? Just for expanded storage for photos?[/quote]

I have a Motorola E815 with Allltel. Because it hasn't been crippled by Verizon, I'm allowed to transfer my pics/music to and from the MicroSD card. It's the best way to get my phone pics transferred to my computers or printed out.

Re: Is it made in Japan?...what isn't made in Japan? or: where else is it usually MFG'd?

[quote name='Kerig']I have a Motorola E815 with Allltel. Because it hasn't been crippled by Verizon, I'm allowed to transfer my pics/music to and from the MicroSD card. It's the best way to get my phone pics transferred to my computers or printed out.

Re: Is it made in Japan?...what isn't made in Japan? or: where else is it usually MFG'd?[/QUOTE]

Made in Taiwan. My 2GB Regular SD Kingston Car di have was made in japan both have exact same packaging. I'm sure there not knockoffs.

i'm a bit of a nub when it comes to this SD/mini/micro business, so please enlighten me. If I use the SD adapter that comes with it, will I be able to save photos on my micro SD phone and put it in my Wii?

[quote name='ElfAngel7']i'm a bit of a nub when it comes to this SD/mini/micro business, so please enlighten me. If I use the SD adapter that comes with it, will I be able to save photos on my micro SD phone and put it in my Wii?[/quote]

yes..i dont know if you can "put" them on the wii but you should be able to view them

[quote name='guyver2077']yes..i dont know if you can "put" them on the wii but you should be able to view them[/QUOTE]

right, that's what i meant. Thanks!

Yeah i have that new Alltell SCH-U520 Samsung phone. The MP3 controlls are on teh outside and it will be nice to transfer Mp3s around and use it as a player in those instances.

My wife wants to use the Cd/tape adapter and listen to her Mp3's in the car. Shes not concerned about perfect quality ( I mean she listens to the radio which is nowhere near CD quality) and this will help with that.

Thanks for the response on my questions guys. I didn't realize that it would make it easier to transfer files to your computer as well as for those phones that allow music play.

[quote name='McAck']yea ...for mp3s it helps out..it just seems imposible to get the darn things to play on any phone...I have an LG 8600 which is similar to the chocolate. Anybody know how?[/QUOTE]

I have 8600 to and the songs have to me in WMA file not MP3. I use this one to Convert my files really easy and free.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

[quote name='magiic']It's not your fault. Blame the genius that though up. SD, MicroSD and MiniSD[/quote]
ummm, its pretty easy to tell the difference

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']i ordered one on the 17th (for my motorola v360) how long did it take for the free shipping for you kids?[/QUOTE]

4-5 Days.

I just got mine... damn, I never realized how small a MicroSD was.

I ordered on the 15th, so it took about 5 days (not counting Sunday, USPS is closed then).

Yeah, seriously. When a 1GB (they have up to 4GB right now) flash memory card gets to be about the size of my pinky fingernail...whoa.

I remember spending $60 for a 16MB SmartMedia card.

HEre's a question: Is it possible to get my own MP# ringotne son my RAZR or do I have to buy them? I just got a new plan, and a RAZRv3 was the phone that came with it, so I'm not sure.

bread's done
Back