20% Off Digital Cable Bill!

TheOracle

CAG Veteran
I was just about to order Digital Cable (Time Warner/NY) when I initially ordered it for my in-laws. Right before I confirmed the order I casually mentioned to the Timer Warner Cable rep that my in-laws had Satellite. The rep told me that I get 20% off my Digital Package and get an upgrade on my channel lineup to the deluxe selection. All I had to do was give the last month's paid satellite bill to the cable installer when he arrives. ALSO, to offset any cancellation penalties for satellite, Time Warner gives them a check for $200 after 60 days of service.

Sure enough I ordered Satellite the next day for myself and now have the first paid bill. The cancellation will be $200 to which Time Warner will offset with their rebate. Now I have Digital Cable getting installed for 20% less (and an upgraded channel package) for two years. :bouncy:

[quote name='TheOracle']I was just about to order Digital Cable (Time Warner/NY) when I initially ordered it for my in-laws. Right before I confirmed the order I casually mentioned to the Timer Warner Cable rep that my in-laws had Satellite. The rep told me that I get 20% off my Digital Package and get an upgrade on my channel lineup to the deluxe selection. All I had to do was give the last month's paid satellite bill to the cable installer when he arrives. ALSO, to offset any cancellation penalties for satellite, Time Warner gives them a check for $200 after 60 days of service.

Sure enough I ordered Satellite the next day for myself and now have the first paid bill. The cancellation will be $200 to which Time Warner will offset with their rebate. Now I have Digital Cable getting installed for 20% less (and an upgraded channel package) for two years. :bouncy: [/QUOTE]

i wouldnt even risk that. I mean someone said that to you over the phone so you have no proof that you will you will get 200 buck check. do you get a 200 buck check or do you get a rebate ?

also most cable compaines do this. comcast gives you 25 bucks off your bill for 18 months if you had sat. tv.

All the cable companies give awesome deals if you switch from satellite. Similarly the satellite ones give deals for switching from cable. You can probably work it out to switch every year or two and keep the cost down, but it's probably a lot of work.

The same thing can be done with earthlink and roadrunner internet (this is easier because it's through the same cable modem all the time, so they only need to flick a switch or something)

bread's done
Back