20% off HD-DVD & Blu-Ray players. Maybe ps3?

matt1987

CAG Veteran
I got this in the mail today
On the back it says excludes pioneer elite, xbox 360 hd-dvd player, all hd-dvd and blu ray computer drives, special order, clearence, demo, and open box items.

It doesnt say excludes ps3. Im in the market for a ps3. Think it will work?

Might as well give it a try. That 25% off (3 toys) coupon last Xmas wasn't supposed to work on a PS3, yet some got lucky on it. Make sure to report back your results, and good luck.

It's too bad they didn't have the coupon this week since they're running the 9 free movie deal. After the 20% and two extra free movies it would be a pretty good deal for a B&M. Hopefully they have a similar deal when the coupon is good.

Edit: I just looked at the dates and the coupon runs from Friday thru Monday. I might look at picking up an extra A30.

[quote name='matt1987']I got this in the mail today [/quote]

Could someone who got this rewards zone coupon in the mail please host an image of it that is printable? Today 1/22 I recieved my coupons that expired on 1/21! And the same thing happened a few weeks ago with the last coupons I received! The Best Buy I go to is very cool about letting me use coupons with on sale items so I'm going to use it on a A3 and try to use it on a PS3.

I forgot to post this thread like 4 days ago.

There you go...

7xwda9k.jpg

(FRONT)

6k8eefo.jpg

(BACK)

Actual Size in inches: 4-11/16" x 5-1/2"

Credit goes to iNCREDiPiNOY.

I just bought my ps3 less then a month ago from bestbuy could i go in with a reciept and use it and get a gift card or something?

[quote name='kleptoix']how come I NEVER get rewardzone coupons??? I spend enough money at that God forsaken stores![/quote]

BB is very bad about telling customer to make sure they have correct address in the system. Be sure to login to your MyRewardZone web site and check it. If you don't have a valid address (even if it off by one character from the USPS address system), you don't get the coupons by mail. Be sure to call their CS and tell 'em your current address!

[quote name='cagfansub']BB is very bad about telling customer to make sure they have correct address in the system. Be sure to login to your MyRewardZone web site and check it. If you don't have a valid address (even if it off by one character from the USPS address system), you don't get the coupons by mail. Be sure to call their CS and tell 'em your current address![/QUOTE]

funny thing is, I actually changed the address because for some reason they had me living in West Virginia, a state I've never even visited. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to check my address again.

Thanks for the scan. Maybe I'll get one in the mail and won't have to use that but it's nice to have just in case.

[quote name='DestroVega']They aren't going to let you do that... they will tell you it's a gaming system and not a player.[/quote]It says it exludes the 360 HD-DVD drive, Pioneer Elite systems, as well as BR & HD-DVD computer drives. It doesn't say that it excludes PS3 systems. In the right circumstances, you might get lucky.

It's an arguable point, though it's likely that you'll be told no.

[quote name='chris owns u']I just bought my ps3 less then a month ago from bestbuy could i go in with a reciept and use it and get a gift card or something?[/quote]

Can anyone answer my question?

yes i will. if you want your money back on a gift card, i am pretty sure they will allow it. you just have to ask! i dont know if you can use the coupon and get you money back on a gift card though. i bought a game using the 10% coupon and they just told me it is easier just to buy the item with coupon then return it with receipt to get money back for original purchase!

[quote name='DestroVega']They aren't going to let you do that... they will tell you it's a gaming system and not a player.[/quote]

I quite agree.

They'll shoot it down. Sorry

Sony calls the Playstation 3 "The Sony Playstation 3 Computer Entertainment System." The Computer in the name will nix the plan. The only way around it maybe if you point out the fact that if you buy a PS3 you qualify for the 5 free Bluray discs, as the PS3 qualifies as a bluray player. Just a thought

[quote name='Tideas']best idea is just to call your best buy before going there and see what they say[/QUOTE]

It's harder to deny someone to their face.

i have the same coupon in the mail. well, let them ring it up. if the computer doesnt show up the discount, then it wont work.

[quote name='trunks982']i have the same coupon in the mail. well, let them ring it up. if the computer doesnt show up the discount, then it wont work.[/quote]
sometimes, they can ring it up for you if they want to.

I just got the coupon in the mail and on the back it says it excludes the 360 hd-dvd add on but it does not exclude the PS3.

Now YMMV but I confirmed with two stores (IL) that they will apply the 20% discount on the 40gb and 80gb PS3.

Figure this should help some holdouts get the 80GB one for $399 just in time for DMC4.

I would buy a ps3 with this coupon. Here's to hoping I get it in the mail. On a side note, are the 60gb still available in stores?

[quote name='LuisRM']I would buy a ps3 with this coupon. Here's to hoping I get it in the mail. On a side note, are the 60gb still available in stores?[/quote]

They'd be very very scarce. Where I work, we have one left, but it's in our stockroom, so it'll only be sold if someone asks for it specifically, because 9/10 times I've sold PS3s, I've offered it, and they just hear "free game" over the lack of the PS2 hardware.

There MIGHT be a PS3 price drop on the 28th. Would be excellent if the 40GB white version really does come out on Monday, and I can use this coupon on it.

I have the coupon and it says on the back: " Excludes Pioneer Elite, XBOX 360 HD DVD players, all HD DVD and Blu-ray computer drives, special order, clearance, demo and open box items." It doesn't mention a PS3 but I'm thinking they would exclude it and call it a gaming console and not a blu-ray player. I suppose it doesn't hurt to try though.....

Where did you get the coupon from OP?

Is it a Reward Zone coupon?

I haven't received one of these yet.....

[quote name='NJC']Where did you get the coupon from OP?

I haven't received one of these yet.....[/quote]
It's a RZ coupon effective the 25th-28th.

Am I too hung up on the BC of the 60gb? I sold my PS2 recently and am slightly regretting it, but I had hoped the 60gb would still be around, or that the 80gb would suffice (for say Amplitude and Fire Pro Wrestling for example). Sorry to derail the thread, just wanted a couple opinions.

[quote name='NJC']Where did you get the coupon from OP?

I haven't received one of these yet.....[/quote]

Reward Zone. Got it today and did confirm with two store managers that they would honor it on the PS3.

Another word of advice is best buy online is not listing the 80gb in stock anywhere but I advise to call your store because all 3 by me have 1-5 in stock despite the online saying their soldout.

Sorry if this is in other posts but I did not see it anywhere and the other BB topics were a hodge podge and I am just talking about this one single coupon.

[quote name='LuisRM']Am I too hung up on the BC of the 60gb? I sold my PS2 recently and am slightly regretting it, but I had hoped the 60gb would still be around, or that the 80gb would suffice (for say Amplitude and Fire Pro Wrestling for example). Sorry to derail the thread, just wanted a couple opinions.[/quote]

I'm with you. I want to rid my shelf of the PS2 and put a PS3 in its place. I only want to get one with BC.

[quote name='LuisRM']Am I too hung up on the BC of the 60gb? I sold my PS2 recently and am slightly regretting it, but I had hoped the 60gb would still be around, or that the 80gb would suffice (for say Amplitude and Fire Pro Wrestling for example). [/QUOTE]

You can still find 60gb SKUs, but you really have to search to find a brand new one. Your best bet is an off-the-beaten-path store, and you will probably have to ask someone to check the inventory or stockroom. There have been a handful of used models (in mint condition) found by CAGs and posted in the deals. I got mine from AMZN Warehousedeals. Keep an eye open and you should land one in a few weeks for $350-400.

As for real world B/C differences, the Sony site is fairly cryptic and incomplete, so a few industrious CAGs have started a thread on the real deal:
http://www.cheapyd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168301
They're just getting started though, so don't expect the full breakdown just yet.

[quote name='darkhawkmark']Sony calls the Playstation 3 "The Sony Playstation 3 Computer Entertainment System." The Computer in the name will nix the plan. The only way around it maybe if you point out the fact that if you buy a PS3 you qualify for the 5 free Bluray discs, as the PS3 qualifies as a bluray player. Just a thought[/QUOTE]
Its not a "computer drive" as in like your DVD burner.

[quote name='keysersoze7']Reward Zone. Got it today and did confirm with two store managers that they would honor it on the PS3.

Another word of advice is best buy online is not listing the 80gb in stock anywhere but I advise to call your store because all 3 by me have 1-5 in stock despite the online saying their soldout.

Sorry if this is in other posts but I did not see it anywhere and the other BB topics were a hodge podge and I am just talking about this one single coupon.[/QUOTE]

Which area did you go to?

[quote name='LuisRM']Am I too hung up on the BC of the 60gb? I sold my PS2 recently and am slightly regretting it, but I had hoped the 60gb would still be around, or that the 80gb would suffice (for say Amplitude and Fire Pro Wrestling for example). Sorry to derail the thread, just wanted a couple opinions.[/QUOTE]
If you read other PS3 threads, people mentioned you can pick up brand new 60GB from GameCrazy, GameRush, Kmart, etc.

I picked up my 60GB from Kmart 1-2 weeks ago.

[quote name='jmiller80']You can still find 60gb SKUs, but you really have to search to find a brand new one. Your best bet is an off-the-beaten-path store, and you will probably have to ask someone to check the inventory or stockroom. There have been a handful of used models (in mint condition) found by CAGs and posted in the deals. I got mine from AMZN Warehousedeals. Keep an eye open and you should land one in a few weeks for $350-400.

As for real world B/C differences, the Sony site is fairly cryptic and incomplete, so a few industrious CAGs have started a thread on the real deal:
http://www.cheapyd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168301
They're just getting started though, so don't expect the full breakdown just yet.[/quote]

Thanks! Now just to see if I get a coupon. :D

[quote name='keysersoze7']Reward Zone. Got it today and did confirm with two store managers that they would honor it on the PS3.

Sorry if this is in other posts but I did not see it anywhere and the other BB topics were a hodge podge and I am just talking about this one single coupon.[/QUOTE]
The 80GB is still on their site. Its not available online though as it says its "backordered" but available in most stores

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...##0##2&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

I hope it works I would love to get $80 back, need some money for books this semester. Although I did buy a 40G from bestbuy 2 wks ago, not sure how this would work, wondering if they can refund the difference?

you mean buy the PS3 with the Sony Card + coupon and then get the $100 back as well? Sure, but only if you have the card already.

[quote name='CaoPi']I hope it works I would love to get $80 back, need some money for books this semester. Although I did buy a 40G from bestbuy 2 wks ago, not sure how this would work, wondering if they can refund the difference?[/quote] Same here i wonder if you could buy one and return it with your old coupon or if they know the serial number

bread's done
Back