30 day trial at GameFly (April 30th last day to sign up)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Free ass link

Must sign up by the end of April

Join now and receive 12 FREE issues of PSM: 100% Independent PlayStation 2 Magazine or Official Xbox Magazine, by completing your Free Trial. Once you complete your Free Trial and become a full-fledged GameFly subscriber, your first issue will automatically be mailed to your address. This free gift is up to a $39.95 value. (Please allow 6-8 weeks delivery of your first issue.)

is this for new accounts only?

I had the service a while back, but cancelled. I don't know if they'll accept the same credit card or not.

I signed up but I get this:

Subscription Plan: Free Trial
2 games out at a time
Free for 10 days, $21.95/month thereafter

[quote name='Zarkon']Civx: You signed up from the link up there? Did it say you were eligible for the 30 day trial or not?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I clicked on the button for the 30 day trial and everything.

I'm interested in trying this, but I've heard stories on here about games being "lost" in the mail, and I just recently had a shipment from EB Games partially stolen. I don't want to end up trying this out and be charged for a game if it gets stolen or lostin the mail, because I can't afford it.

My also says:

Free Trial
2 games out at a time
Free for 10 days, $21.95/month thereafter

And I clicked on the 30 day trial for sure

[quote name='CheapyD']I have an email into my rep about that...I'll let ya know.[/QUOTE]

I'll definitely give it a try after it gets straightened out...

Ok, heard back from GameFly:

"If a user started an account (even if not completed registration) in the past 30-days, they may have the old cookie tied to the account."

So, it sounds like making a brand new account should fix this.

For those of you having problems, does this scenario apply to you?

[quote name='CheapyD']Ok, heard back from GameFly:

"If a user started an account (even if not completed registration) in the past 30-days, they may have the old cookie tied to the account."

For those of you having problems, does this scenario apply to you?[/QUOTE]

I made a brand new account (I have an old one though) and that doesn't apply to me.

[quote name='CheapyD']Ok, heard back from GameFly:

For those of you having problems, does this scenario apply to you?[/QUOTE]

No, I actually opened up an account probably around 6 months ago just so I could buy used games from them. I've never subscribed to any of their rental plans.

[quote name='CheapyD']civx & sausageman, do you guys have the same credit card tied to both accounts?[/QUOTE]

Yes. But to answer in detail, my old gamefly account was opened with a different credit card (and was switched later).

Yeah I made a new account...it said 30 day trial at first when I was signing up but now it says 10 day when I look at my subscription terms.

Different CC then my previous account.

Oh, this is weird. Now it says I've created a "partial account" and it's telling me to sign up again. Even though I already added games to my Q and stuff.

EDIT: It seems like they aren't offering the 30 day trial anymore. GG.

[quote name='CheapyD']civx & sausageman, do you guys have the same credit card tied to both accounts?[/QUOTE]

Just to clear up some confusions. I signed up for the 30 day free trial by first logging on to gamefly, then to my account, then to change my subscription plan. There was an option for free 30 day trial for a limited time. So I clicked on that. maybe I should have just created a new account, but I was lazy.

i signed up for the 14 day free trial plan previously during that huge used game sale a few months ago. i didn't think this 30 day free trial would apply to me since i did the 14 day trial previously. what i did was use a new e-mail address and a different credit card. i was then accepted for the free 30 day trial :)

Is it a problem if you use the same home address? I tried Gamefly already so I don't think it'd work for me. I have a new CC # though

when looking at my SUBSCRIPTION TERMS (after signing up for the 30day trial although I never made it past setp six [parental controls]) it states:

Your Program size, pricing and renewal

Subscription plan: 2 games out at a time.
Plan price: $21.95 (plus any applicable taxes) per period.
Subscription start date: 5/7/05.
Next billing period begins: 5/7/05.
Your credit card is charged automatically at the beginning of each period.
Subscription fee includes shipping and handling for all rentals.
You can keep any game you rent from us by clicking the Keep It button on your GameQ.
You'll be charged our low Pre-Played game price, plus any applicable taxes and a small shipping & handling charge (for the original packaging and instructions, if you are not an active rental subscriber).
-------------------
should I contact them to see if my 30day is in place?

Just a couple of negatives to mention about Gamefly. If you live in Texas, the turnover rate is very slow. It takes 7 - 10 days to send the game back and receive a new one. Also, the subscription is for the magazine only. You don't get any demo discs.

Yeah, you can't make a new account. Which is odd because I fondly remember a rule being in place where could sign up for the free trial every 6 months or something. Probably just a brain fart though.

Response (Kevin P) 04/27/2005 02:38 PM
Dear GameFly Customer:

You recently created an account with the same address as an existing GameFly account. Our Terms of Use state that we offer only one free trial per household, so your new account has been set to Hold status until we hear from you.

If you would like us to begin charging your new account immediately, please reply to this email with your approval to charge the new account. Otherwise, you should close this new account and re-activate or continue using your old account. No games will be shipped until we receive a response from you regarding this. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

GameFly Customer Service
Email: [email protected]
Online help: http://www.gamefly.com/help/default.asp

[quote name='The Shiznit']Cool! Thanks Cheapy[/QUOTE]

Signed up this morning and got the 30 days, it says subscription start date is 5/27. And they already shipped out 1 of my games today.

[quote name='mcwilliams132']when looking at my SUBSCRIPTION TERMS (after signing up for the 30day trial although I never made it past setp six [parental controls]) it states:

Your Program size, pricing and renewal

Subscription plan: 2 games out at a time.
Plan price: $21.95 (plus any applicable taxes) per period.
Subscription start date: 5/7/05.
Next billing period begins: 5/7/05.
Your credit card is charged automatically at the beginning of each period.
Subscription fee includes shipping and handling for all rentals.
You can keep any game you rent from us by clicking the Keep It button on your GameQ.
You'll be charged our low Pre-Played game price, plus any applicable taxes and a small shipping & handling charge (for the original packaging and instructions, if you are not an active rental subscriber).
-------------------
should I contact them to see if my 30day is in place?[/QUOTE]

signed up through the link and I was only given 14 on my confirmation. I'll either call or email them to correct this to 30 days. Anyone else have this discrepancy on their confirmation email.

[quote name='The Shiznit']Signed up this morning and got the 30 days, it says subscription start date is 5/27. And they already shipped out 1 of my games today.[/QUOTE]

You mean the end date is 5/27 right?

[quote name='Rig']You mean the end date is 5/27 right?[/QUOTE]

Subscription start date = date when the actual billing period begins

So pretty much it's the 'end date' for the free trial

I e-mailed them about only getting 10 days instead of 30 when I signed up. If I don't get a response by Friday, I'll call them next Monday. Hopefully they'll extend me to the full 30 days.

I've been wanting to get gamefly anyway. Since I only live about 30 miles away from Inglewood, Ca (where Gamefly is located), I should get my games within 1-2 days. I'll just have to see if they have good customer service. If so, I can get an entire month for free. You guys that got it to work are lucky.

i couldnt even sign up for this and i have never done their free trial at all.
only thing i've done was purchase games from them but now that i want to start a free trial it wont let me becuz my credit card is in their system and 1 credit card cant have two accounts or something.

Odd, I signed up using a previous account that wasn't complete (one used just to buy games not to rent). I added a CC to the account and it only gave me a 10-day trial. I emailed Gamefly customer support and it seemed like it simply replied with a generated email filled with some b/s that didn't answer my question. I called the customer support and told the woman there that I only got 10 days when I used the 30-day trial link. For some odd reason she said that she, nor anyone working near her, had heard about a 30 day trial and that I should give customer support the URL and ask them for help via an email. I haven't done so and don't think I will, don't feel like going to all this trouble for just some extra days of a service I'll probably cancel anyways.

Here's the predicament I'm in right now though. I added several games to my Game Q and 2 already shipped. Can I cancel my account right now via a call to GF, or do I have to wait until I send back the games and they actually receive them to cancel? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

bread's done
Back