B&M Deal/Sale of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CaseyRyback']75 percent off PC games at EB.

For like 30 bucks I got close to 20 games.[/quote]

I'll put a ditto on this.

Also, the TRU 50% deal was incredibly generous to me, and many others. not the best prices, but still great deals.

i have go with the gamerush trade in 2, get ANY used game for $10, also the trade 3 get ANY used for $10 was good as well. Got halo 2 for $10, kotor 2 for $10, ninja gaiden for $10, star wars battlefront for $10, burnout 3 for $10, time crisis 3 for $10, vampire night for $10, skies arcadia for $10, and many, many more.

The circuit city $5 sale was nice as well. With games like marvel v capcom 2, disgaea rez and gitaroo man all going for $10, you cant argue wtih that.

But imo it is no contest, the gamerush sale applied to the hot new releases that are damn near impossible to get for cheap any other way.

The ebgames sale on the PC games was only applicable for games marked $15 and under, so while it was good, none of the top games were available like at the gamerush sale or the cc $5 sale.

And what about the mtv store summer sale? it had stackable coupons that let me get growlanser deluxe for $60 shipped. some VERY nice deals on that sale.

IMO the top sales were these:

1) gamerush
2) tru clearances
3) cc $5 clearance
4) mtv store sale.

cant go wrong on any of those

My choice would have to be the Gamerush trade 3 for $10 deal becuase this was the first Cheap Ass Deal I got to be apart of.

Game Rush, trade 2 get a used for $10, especially since the value of the 2 was subtracted from the $10...

It made for many "free" games, especially since they took PS1 games for the trade.

[quote name='Ledhed']$5 CC sale. Hands down IMO.[/quote]

I agree for obvious reasons. Also Cheapy, it was in July, not June, unless you're refering to something else.

The $5 CC sale was pretty crazy, and of course happened while Cheapy was off honeymooning ;)

I'd say that over the $5 screw up since I don't think as many people got in on that deal.

I'd also say pricematching the BB $5 deal at CC was pretty good to me, but that was YMMV so ya can't really count it.

This has already been posted ad nauseum, but it's worth posting again: the TRU free game sale in December is the single greatest B&M sale CAG has ever seen. I picked up a giant stack of games for zero dollars and was able to hook up my friends and myself with a bunch of generally good free stuff. Cheap is good, but free is best!

I nominate the Target rainchecks...I got so many brand new games for over half off with those.

Don't forget the Ace Combat 5 for $5 at Sears.

TRU for me, easily. From several copies of REZ, to my ARC the Lad collection, Front Mission 3, Bust a Move 3000 and others, to the $10 coupon, to 25% more off already discounted games, to games that were just pretty cheap for some reason (Manhuint, ICO, XIII, Gladius). It gave me the bet deals of the year. Easily.

Toys R Us 50% off sale but only coupled with the $5 off two $19.99 games and under coupon. The amount of free or relatively cheap games I got from this deal was amazing.

Definitely TRU 70% off coupled with the $10 off two under $20. That led to SO many free games! Why pay $5 when they can be free? :)

I vote for the overstock $2 game "sale." I cleaned up on that one. But since that isn't a choice...

$5 Circuit City Blow Out (June 2004)

I didn't really end up with much, as my CC put out crap titles mostly...

The 50% off sale at Toys R Us was a joke in my area. Most of the games had jacked up prices to offset the sale....

It's not really 50% anymore. It would be better off labeled as "Green Tag" because some went to 70% and then it got crazy!
My first inclination is to vote for the Circuit City glitch, but then I have to consider how much stuff I've bought at TRU in the last 3 months.

My vote: Circuit City Glitch. I got many more quality games.

$5 Circuit City Blow Out (June 2004)

Got the most stuff during that sale for me and my buddies.
I still have games from the sale sealed :D

although i think my favorite sale of the year was the $5 circuit city clearance over the summer, i think we should include the "trade three games get any preowned game for $9.99" from gamerush in the nominations. i was able to pick some great games with that deal. another contender could be the "$10 off any two games 19.99 or less" coupon from TRU, especially when it was combined with the green tag and clearance sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back