BB/Gamerush now beating anybodys trade in prices!

Gorilla Jones

CAG Veteran
Starting immediatley BB/Gamerush has a policy in effect that basically makes it the best place to trade in games. They will beat anybodys advertised trade in price by 10%! Pretty freakin awesome as they already had the highest trade in prices to begin with.

also, they will give you trade in prices over the phone which to me is great as EB and Gamestop won't and make you drive there. :|

I believe this is a permanent promotion. Until I hear different from the newsletter.

Good deal guys

Hah. GameCrazy offers the same, pretty much.

I wonder if someone can find a city with a GC AND a GR and have them in a bid war. You could get them to buy a copy of Turok.. starting at a quarter all the way up to $50.. hahahhah

Oh, and Gamestop and EB are YMMV as far as giving trade-in value over the phone goes. I was told never to do it at EB, but I did anyways.

[quote name='Scorch']Hah. GameCrazy offers the same, pretty much.

I wonder if someone can find a city with a GC AND a GR and have them in a bid war. You could get them to buy a copy of Turok.. starting at a quarter all the way up to $50.. hahahhah

Oh, and Gamestop and EB are YMMV as far as giving trade-in value over the phone goes. I was told never to do it at EB, but I did anyways.[/quote]

lol I was thinking the same thing!

[quote name='Gorilla Jones']also, they will give you trade in prices over the phone which to me is great as EB and Gamestop won't and make you drive there. :|[/quote]

I love when people make blanket generalizations such as this. The only times I ever refuse to do it over the phone are when I'm busy with other things.

And the fact that many people think that their beat-to-hell coaster discs receive as much credit as good condition copies does provide some incentive for an employee to ask to see the games before quoting a price. But hey, that's rationality for ya.

I work at a Gamerush and during training we were told not to give trade-in prices over the phone. However, if I'm not busy I don't mind doing it.

[quote name='Scorch']Hah. GameCrazy offers the same, pretty much.

Oh, and Gamestop and EB are YMMV as far as giving trade-in value over the phone goes. I was told never to do it at EB, but I did anyways.[/quote]

Somehow, I doubt that could happen.

[quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='Scorch']Hah. GameCrazy offers the same, pretty much.

Somehow, I doubt that could happen.[/quote]

Well duh, it was a tongue-in-cheek comment.

So, in general, who has the best trade in prices? Gamstop's seem to be pretty bad, EB can be good for some games, Gamerush seems to be middle of the road. How about Game Crazy, FYE, or Media Play?

What are some of your experiences? Like I said, this is a generalization.

[quote name='masha']Great .......another Camerush thread. :speaktothehand:[/quote]

:)

Gamerush has the best overall trade-in, with or without the great sales they always have. Gamecrazy sometimes comes close, but its seems to be smarter to just go to GR.

[quote name='Ledhed']
And the fact that many people think that their beat-to-hell coaster discs receive as much credit as good condition copies does provide some incentive for an employee to ask to see the games before quoting a price. But hey, that's rationality for ya.[/quote]

could you imagine the horror and chaos if trade-in shops didn't accept scratched/scuffed discs at all. madness. all my discs are lovely but my recent used buys are nasty as hell. they play so i shouldn't be whining. picked up one of those GameDR things at work for 14 bucks yesterday too, so it's all good.

[quote name='Owen']It is pretty easy for them to offer this policy since hardly any other stores have trade-in price lists available to show as proof.[/quote]

If I trade some games to FYE and bring a trading reciept to GR they have to suck it up!

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Gorilla Jones']also, they will give you trade in prices over the phone which to me is great as EB and Gamestop won't and make you drive there. :|[/quote]

I love when people make blanket generalizations such as this. The only times I ever refuse to do it over the phone are when I'm busy with other things.

And the fact that many people think that their beat-to-hell coaster discs receive as much credit as good condition copies does provide some incentive for an employee to ask to see the games before quoting a price. But hey, that's rationality for ya.[/quote]
My EB doesn’t bother checking the condition of trade-in's. I went to sell back a broken PS2 and the EB manager was about to give me $100, it wasn't until I told him that it was broken that I only got $50. As for games I picked up GTA double pack for the Xbox (on ebay), it wouldn't work so I got $20 from my local EB. This was after I informed them that it was probably defective.

I love EB.

What I don't get is what advertised prices are they talking about. I don't think GS would appreciate me walking out the store with the big whiteboard they use to advertise their deals. I have seen the occasional flyer that would say trade 3 get additional 30%... Now that would be cool.

Lets face it GR has the best trade in prices already.

Sometimes the employees at GR don't even look at the game I'm trading in. I could have a demo or something in there and I bet it would pass.

EB and Gamestop gives you very little for trade-ins, and GameCrazy gives you a fair trade (for instant, $25-$28 for new releases). Overall GR is still the best place to trade games as they give you more than the other 3 for recent releases.

Although this theory might not be true, but if they're trying to stick to their "beat competitor trade-ins by 10%", then we might see less $$$ for our games in the future. 10% of $28 is only $2.80, and that means if GR decides to drop on the trade in price of $35 to $28 to gain profit, then we'll only see a $30.80 for our new releases rather than the usual $35. Something to think about.

If I trade some games to FYE and bring a trading reciept to GR they have to suck it up!

tongue-in-cheek answer would be NO. It is not a true advertisement.
EB and GS only advertise trade-in prices normally on systems and a few games here and there in catalogs.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']EB and Gamestop gives you very little for trade-ins, and GameCrazy gives you a fair trade (for instant, $25-$28 for new releases). Overall GR is still the best place to trade games as they give you more than the other 3 for recent releases.

Although this theory might not be true, but if they're trying to stick to their "beat competitor trade-ins by 10%", then we might see less $$$ for our games in the future. 10% of $28 is only $2.80, and that means if GR decides to drop on the trade in price of $35 to $28 to gain profit, then we'll only see a $30.80 for our new releases rather than the usual $35. Something to think about.[/quote]

Very good point. We've been lucky 'cause GR has been trying to get their foot in the gaming market with all these good deals. Sooner or later, they're gonna dry up somewhat.

bread's done
Back