Black Friday sales Obvious Tip for those who haven't figured it out.

embraceuk1

CAGiversary!
http://www.blackfriday.info/ads/best...friday-ad.html

Now i know its probably been mentioned before but for those who don't know the best way to beat the black Friday rush is to buy anything they have on the shelves now that will be on sale and walk in at your own leisure all relaxed on black Friday with your receipt and get a price adjustment most store offer at least 14 days.

A lot of cheap crap is brought in just for the day that ppl buy that don't get much of a sale on but the rest is yours to own.

Do keep in mind that, at many stores (like Wal*Mart), this won't work, since the item in the ad is just different enough from an existing item to prevent this. Also, supposedly, some major retailers are starting to put disclaimers in their ads that price adjustments will not be made on BF items.

Also, wrong forum.

[quote name='embraceuk1']http://www.blackfriday.info/ads/best...friday-ad.html

Now i know its probably been mentioned before but for those who don't know the best way to beat the black Friday rush is to buy anything they have on the shelves now that will be on sale and walk in at your own leisure all relaxed on black Friday with your receipt and get a price adjustment most store offer at least 14 days.

A lot of cheap crap is brought in just for the day that ppl buy that don't get much of a sale on but the rest is yours to own.[/QUOTE]

Some (all?) Best Buys had their CS area shut down and didn't open up until noon.

It is up to the store manager. A few years ago one OM wont let me price adjust while another store in the next town would let me.

[quote name='jack987']I have a question about BF shopping. It says that the item is a "Doorbuster Item 5am-12pm only" Does that mean that the store will open early just so people can come in to buy this item or what?[/quote]

No, it means you have to break down the door (Doorbuster) to be able to purchase the item.

was in local news that no store will price adjust on black friday. Black friday is a SPECIAL OFFER and it says they will not price match/adjust

seems too many people did it last year. I remember back in 2004 the best buy at northcrest had almots 90 people in the CS line 20 mins after the store opened trying to get price adjustments

Ya, no price matching and no adjustments at all major stores now. On a side note, Target doesn't even price match at all anymore. The BF tips is to get there at 5am when the store opens, if you get there at 8 or 9 or 10 you are screwed.

One thing I do recommend.....keep your cool when you wait in line. If someone skips you, try to talk it out normally and not get physical about it. I work at CC and this is going to be my 3rd BF there. I've seen people brawl over laptops and TVs to the point that we called the cops on them. Remember, no matter how good a deal it is, it's not worth your health.

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']No, it means you have to break down the door (Doorbuster) to be able to purchase the item.[/quote]

holy crap; i can't remember the last time i laughed out loud while reading something on the forums. this is one of those times. thanks.

Walmart always price matches on Black Friday, as long as the item is the same and you are withen the time frame on the specified ad you shouldn't have any problems.

[quote name='6669']What about hiding stuff the Weds before? I did it last year and it worked, but I hid them well.[/QUOTE]

yes, but where can I hide a 32 inch tv....

bread's done
Back