CAGcast #797: Tri Rod lol

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Hey all, great show as always!

Regarding the title of the new Indiana Jones game, perhaps it might sound less stupid if you know the etymology? A great circle is a specific term from geometry, meaning the biggest possible circle you can draw on a sphere. Such a circle cuts the sphere exactly in half. The term is encountered in mathematics, physics, and (as in this case) geography. From the looks of it, points of interest forming a great circle on the Earth's surface is central to the game's story.

So it wouldn't be translated as "El Muy Bien Círculo," it'd be translated as the geometrical term "El Gran Círculo."

I suppose if all that needs to be explained every time, the title arguably still needs work. But it's not that the developers were simply incompetent at describing a wonderful round thing, as it might have sounded at first blush.

Last edited:
Great show as always guys, look forward every week to a new Cagcast to listen to while doing house chores.

I'm writing this on the Odakyu Romancecar train on my way from Shinjuku to Hakone. I'm from Pittsburgh (go Panthers Wombat!) and we're spending 2 weeks hitting various cities around Japan. It's an incredible culture, and we're loving quite a lot about it but certainly miss some US quality of life components.

Anyhow, my question is for Cheapy - you spent over a decade in Japan, enjoying the culture, food, Karaoke, table tennis, etc. Since you started in the US, left for Japan, then returned to the US... My question has multiple parts, feel free to answer one or all as you see fit:

1. What did you miss most when you left the US the first time?

2. What did you love most about Japan while you were there?

3. What do you miss most since you left Japan?

4. What are you happy to have back since returning to the US?

5. Would you ever like to live in Japan again?

When I'm on vacation in a new country, it always feels like I could live there but obviously vacations aren't real life.

Also, the video game stores are crazy. So many cheap games and many retro. They must not collect much!

Thanks for reading, looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

bread's done
Back