Circuit City July Clearance - 20% off until July 12th

nice, glad i didn't get Lost on Amazon, i'll need to swing by and grab it finally.

awesome!!!
thanks op ill be grabbing and lost for ps3 and maybe nights,not sure yet

ive been waitin for lost to drop below $20

are these in store too?
it says not available for instore pick up....
or is that just cause its clearance and not guaranteed in store?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Good thing I got NIGHTS at Meijer for $3.[/quote]

ditto.

Maybe I will try Lost not sure though.

[quote name='kearns710']anyone know if lost is even worth it? any pro's/con's for buying it on the ps3 over 360?[/quote]

As someone who owned (then sold) it, I would say that it's not worth it at this price...or any price for that matter. A bad game doesn't become fun just because it was cheap.

I've been thinking about picking up Sega Rally Revo once it hit the $20 or less price point. I'm not real big into racing games, but the PS3 demo was pretty fun

if you're on the fence about Lost, i read that it's worth it if you're a fan of the show. i've been waiting for the price to go below $20 so it's worth grabbing now.

[quote name='LiK']if you're on the fence about Lost, i read that it's worth it if you're a fan of the show. i've been waiting for the price to go below $20 so it's worth grabbing now.[/QUOTE]

I hear you brotha...been watching since the pilot and need to see how it ends. As a companion I heard the game works well with the show if I see a copy I may cave and pick it up.

Any word if Super Swing Golf is any good? I enjoy the golf game that came on Wii Sports, but it gets old after a while. If it's not any good, is there a btter gold game for the Wii?

Lost is okay if you're a fan of the show, it's basically like playing through a bunch of episodes as a newly introduced character, complete with flashbacks and everything. The timeline follows the first couple seasons of the show, so if nothing else, it's kind of nice to get a refresher on what was going on. It's mildly fun just getting to explore parts of the island and see things from a different perspective. Personally, I rented it and beat the game in a couple of days (with all 1000 achievements). I didn't really have any urge to play through it again, and there's not really any replay value, so I'm not sure I'd say it's worth buying. However, as a fan of the show, I thought it was worth playing through at least once.

[quote name='cycophuk']Any word if Super Swing Golf is any good? I enjoy the golf game that came on Wii Sports, but it gets old after a while. If it's not any good, is there a btter gold game for the Wii?[/quote]

From what I've heard, you probably won't like Super Swing Golf if you're looking for something close to the Wii Sports golf. There really aren't any good golf games out at the moment for Wii (besides Wii Sports golf, and that doesn't really offer a very in-depth experience). However, the latest installment of Tiger Woods golf that is coming out in August is supposed to be very good and has been apparently been redesigned and optimized for the Wii. The previous versions, 2006 and 2007, had bad graphics, terrible menus & interface, no 1:1 swing ratio, and other issues. The 2007 version was a bit of an improvement over 2006, but it sounds like 2009 will blow them both out of the water, so I would just wait for that.

[quote name='Tomeeboy']It's mildly fun just getting to explore parts of the island and see things from a different perspective. [/quote]

I didn't like the game (love the show), but I do have to give it this much. The island is really well done and wandering around it is pretty cool.

[quote name='WatchdogXC']I've been thinking about picking up Sega Rally Revo once it hit the $20 or less price point. I'm not real big into racing games, but the PS3 demo was pretty fun[/quote]DON'T!!! It's simply AWFUL! Sloppy hovercraft-like physics, no customizations, cheating AI - there is a Secret Achievement if you are able to get into the lead within the first lap; why is that an Achievement unless they've stacked the deck against you badly to start with?!? - and unequal handling between your car and theirs, scripted everything, and having to rerun races over and over to advance. Pure misery. I got it for free and it wasn't worth it. They shut the studio down that made it and it's no mystery as to why.

Thanks, OP. I might go and try to find Dragon Quest Monsters Joker. Does anyone know off hand if there's any place where it's cheaper than that?

FYI, after I made an online purchase, they sent me a one time use coupon for 10% off games and accessories (online only). Something to consider if you are ordering a bunch of stuff...

Lost PS3 rang up $13.57 for me this morning so it looks like there is a an extra 20% discount at CC right now. I'm in the Nor Cal area.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lawdood']Lost PS3 rang up $13.57 for me this morning so it looks like there is a an extra 10% discount at CC right now. I'm in the Nor Cal area.[/QUOTE]

This is an extra 20% discount right? Or is there currently a 10% off clearance in effect?

[quote name='theflicker']This is an extra 20% discount right? Or is there currently a 10% off clearance in effect?[/QUOTE]

The Darkness rang up for 13.57 so it's 20% off. If you have a Gamers Club card it gives you an additional 10 as I paid 12.21 + tax.

[quote name='mitch079']The Darkness rang up for 13.57 so it's 20% off. If you have a Gamers Club card it gives you an additional 10 as I paid 12.21 + tax.[/quote]

You can use the Gamers Club discount in conjunction with a sale? When I bought Mario Kart and Brawl for B1G1 50% off a little while back, I was going to buy a membership but the guy said he can only give me the 10% off or the promotion price. Needless to say, I took the promotion and told them not to ring up the membership.

[quote name='Mugen Power']You can use the Gamers Club discount in conjunction with a sale? When I bought Mario Kart and Brawl for B1G1 50% off a little while back, I was going to buy a membership but the guy said he can only give me the 10% off or the promotion price. Needless to say, I took the promotion and told them not to ring up the membership.[/quote]
It doesn't work with sales but it works with clearances.

I'm getting NiGHTS and DQM: Joker (I have wanted this for a while as I loved the original).

With an extra 10% off I may attempt to find Lost and The Darkness for PS3. Most places around me have one copy hangin at $20 dollars so this seems the right price to get these games. I'll check after work thanks for the postings everybody.

[quote name='Codemaster']It doesn't work with sales but it works with clearances.

I'm getting NiGHTS and DQM: Joker (I have wanted this for a while as I loved the original).[/quote]

That's what I thought, but isn't that 10% off people are getting today a sale?

I also got 20% off clearance prices in Nashville TN - could this be an unadvertised clearance discount? My Lost, Obscure, and a few additional clearance games all rang up at 13.51 instead of 16.96 (12.21 with gamers discount).

[quote name='Mugen Power']You can use the Gamers Club discount in conjunction with a sale? When I bought Mario Kart and Brawl for B1G1 50% off a little while back, I was going to buy a membership but the guy said he can only give me the 10% off or the promotion price. Needless to say, I took the promotion and told them not to ring up the membership.[/QUOTE]

For awhile last year, they weren't ringing up with the clearance price. But lately, everything I bought, sale price, clearance price, normal price, has been working.

[quote name='Mugen Power']That's what I thought, but isn't that 10% off people are getting today a sale?[/QUOTE]

No, there seems to be an unadvertised 20% off sale. It is stacking with the Gamers Club card's 10% off = 30%.

Thanks OP. In for Lost PS3 and maybe Nights. If 20% is in effect, I will also, finally, pick up Enchanted Arms PS3.

Hopefully, Neocisco can update with full list.

[quote name='mitch079']For awhile last year, they weren't ringing up with the clearance price. But lately, everything I bought, sale price, clearance price, normal price, has been working.[/quote]

Hmm, it didn't work for me for the sale I mentioned. Oh well.

[quote name='theflicker']This is an extra 20% discount right? Or is there currently a 10% off clearance in effect?[/quote]

I meant to type 20%...my bad. Had I known I probably would have looked for a couple more of the new clearance titles.

Confirmed additional 20% in Greenville, SC. Picked up Lost for PS3 (was going to get 360, but my PS3 hasn't been getting much use) -- $13.57+tax.

bread's done
Back