Comedy Central to be giving out 48 Wiis!

Ikohn4ever

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Wii, to Go

Comedy Central will once again exploit the properties of tryptophan with its "Thanxgiveaway Wiikend," an event designed to expose the turkey-tranquilized to Nintendo's Wii gaming console and Toyota's Scion.

The cable net will give away 48 Wiis and 48 TomTom portable GPS devices over the weekend of Nov. 23-27. To enter, viewers have to tune in to interstitials running throughout the weekend that will include code words they can enter online. The interstitials will feature four families in a reality TV spoof that takes place on Thanksgiving Island and is hosted by comedian Brian Unger. "It's sort of Gilligan's Island meets Survivor; it's our own kind of take on reality shows," said Heather Zarnett, CC vp-promo marketing.

The interstitials also will work in plugs for Wii and the Scion. A grand prize winner will receive a tricked-out Scion that looks like a Wii console.

I hope everyone here watches some CC so everyone has a chance.

http://thanxgiveaway.comedycentral.com/

Thursday

outcast
spear
slur
disgrace
glutton
feud
starving
argue
deviant
mosquito
blame
adopted

Fridays so far

mainland
shipwreck
criticize
isolation
therapy
fever
meltdown
alliance
malaria
twist
gobble
backstab

Saturday

monkey
flare
awkward
bandana
lost
wishbone
hut
quicksand
tide
stubborn
jungle
traitor

Sunday

skeleton
native
denial
khaki
bamboo
cornucopia
cheater
tiki
failure
harvest
coconut
insult

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']
The interstitials also will work in plugs for Wii and the Scion. A grand prize winner will receive a tricked-out Scion that looks like a Wii console. [/QUOTE]

This is only awesome if the thing has a Wiimote for a steering wheel.

Then it is beyond badass.

[quote name='Strell']This is only awesome if the thing has a Wiimote for a steering wheel.

Then it is beyond badass.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree that would be the cherry on the sundae.

[quote name='pimpinc333']What ever happened to there Xbox 360 Giveaway last year? I never saw any winners list or anything.[/quote]

I thought the winners list was updated in real time. Unless I'm out of my mind, I remember seeing them.

Yes, because I got the 360 free, now I can get a Wii free.

I didn't get in on it last year, how exactly does it work?

You just watch the show an dput in codes on the site? Then just a drawing out of the people that put the answers in? Do you have a better chance if you put in more answers?

[quote name='Ikohn4ever'] A grand prize winner will receive a tricked-out Scion that looks like a Wii console. [/QUOTE]

Pics. NOW.

[quote name='Strell']This is only awesome if the thing has a Wiimote for a steering wheel.

Then it is beyond badass.[/quote]

For God's sake, do not drive it in full sunlight!!!

So between this and the Wii's prominent spot in last week's South Park, it looks like the system has earned some pretty significant street cred.

[quote name='Tybee']For God's sake, do not drive it in full sunlight!!!

So between this and the Wii's prominent spot in last week's South Park, it looks like the system has earned some pretty significant street cred.[/quote]

LMAO!! :rofl: SUNLIGHT = BAD! :no:

So can someone tell me if i miss a code or 2 would i be out of teh contest?[quote name='golddbz2000']yes, please post the codes online here. I do not have Comedy central but I want to take part in the fun...[/quote]lol

Everyone, it's pretty much the same contest they have been doing since 2002, except this time it's for a Wii instead of Xbox or 360.

And to that, I have three words:

"Turkey versus Pilgrims!"

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Everyone, it's pretty much the same contest they have been doing since 2002, except this time it's for a Wii instead of Xbox or 360.

And to that, I have three words:

"Turkey versus Pilgrims!"[/quote]No, it is a lot different. I remember last time, the clues only came on during South Park, but now its for 1/2 day.

I'm glad they don't actually draw winners for the hourly prizes every hour through the weekend. I'll try to watch and get codes from the TV as much as I can, but there's no way I'd be able to just watch all weekend. I like how, as long as people post the codes here, we'll be able to enter for each hourly prize all at once.

okay so are we supposed to just gather all the codes and enter them in like at the end of the day or do we just put them in one at a time? I just put in the first one, but it seems like putting them in one at a time is going to be tedious having to fill out that form 12 times a day or whatever it is.

By the way thanks for the code.

not sure if these are spelt wrong since some I just got to the dvd
4 2:13PM (EST) Disgrace
5 3:03PM (EST) Glutton
6 4:02PM (EST) Felid (i think)
9 7:00PM (EST) devaint

6 and 9 might be wrong and probably are....really should of recorded these.....

thanks, sometimes they are really "hard" to read the one that just aired (8pm) was mosquito (i think....better be)

[quote name='xeverex18']No, it is a lot different. I remember last time, the clues only came on during South Park, but now its for 1/2 day.[/quote]

Actually, it has been an hourly contest every thanksgiving. Last year, I was one of the two guys that watched all weekend long and got the codes and posted them on xbox-scene....

Are you thinking the Marvel one from last month? I didn't do that one...

[quote name='Montusama']thanks, sometimes they are really "hard" to read the one that just aired (8pm) was mosquito (i think....better be)[/QUOTE]
It was, just saw it a few minutes ago. I had no idea about this contest and immediately looked to CAG to see if anyone was posting the codes throught the day. This place is great sometimes.

I did this last year with the 360. They even had another way of entering by putting the codes on an index card and mailing them in for more chances. Did that also but no luck. Should I enter 1 code at a time or all at once?

You can enter up to 12 codes each day (singles, partly, or all the codes at once) or even upload all three days worth of codes at the end. I believe the drawing itself won't happen until December 19th, but either way winners arn't declaired each hour, they just say that as a marketing ploy (48 codes, 48 hours, 48 winners. Each code is like a raffle ticket so the more correct codes you have the more chances you have at winning. A wrong code isn't going to kill your chances but it does mean one less "ticket" in your pool to draw from. Keep posting codes! Wii want to wiin! (/lame)

I did this last year with the 360 and lucked out and won the 360 with 2 games. However, a buddy of mine was out of work and down on his luck, so I had the prize people send the 360 to him instead. He couldn't believe it and was so excited.

Maybe I can luck out again and win a Wii. :)

[quote name='dschroll']I did this last year with the 360 and lucked out and won the 360 with 2 games. However, a buddy of mine was out of work and down on his luck, so I had the prize people send the 360 to him instead. He couldn't believe it and was so excited.

Maybe I can luck out again and win a Wii. :)[/QUOTE]I always like hearing stories about people doing something to brighten up a bad situation for others. If it's a true story (I'm going to go ahead and assume it is) you're a good friend to that guy, and I hope the good karma that you earned pays off.

Out of curiosity, have you picked up a 360 for yourself since then?

bread's done
Back