DS Lite Screen Protectors for $1.99 w/ Free Shipping

dragon128

CAG Veteran
PCMicroStore is selling some DS lite screen protectors for $1.99 with free shipping. Just want to ask if these are the Hori DS Lite Screen Protectors. The pictures show the Hori DS Lite screen protectors which are said to be the best ones out there and also qualified by Nintendo, but the product description makes no mention of Hori.

http://www.pcmicrostore.com/PartDetail.aspx?kbid=1030&q=p:10504461&SSAID=101512

PCMicroStore Store Ratings:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/PCMicroStore

http://www.bizrate.com/ratings_guide/cust_reviews__mid--61301.html

Well, it has the following:

Young Micro Nintendo DS Lite LCD Protector shield (2 pcs)

I'm guessing they're Hong Kong knockoffs?

Care to volunteer and find out? :lol:

My guess is as good as yours, but I doubt the Hori protectors would have that quote on the packaging.

Please note that although care has been taken in the degree of relevancy, pictures are for display purposes only, and product appearance may differ from what you see. If there are any discrepancies between the product headline, description and picture, the correct information will be in the product headline (i.e. computer systems may not come with monitors even if pictured that way). If anything is unclear, please email support before placing your order.

Although, the Horis do come with a cleaning cloth.

Hell, for $2, just take a chance.

[quote name='Caliburn']Care to volunteer and find out? :lol:

My guess is as good as yours, but I doubt the Hori protectors would have that quote on the packaging.[/quote]
lol! Well, I gave it a try. For $1.99, what's there to lose? The store got good ratings. I guess I'll post here if they are authentic. Anyway to tell if they're authentic or not when they come? I mean, counterfeits can sometimes even emulate the real product's packaging as well to fool customers.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Please note that although care has been taken in the degree of relevancy, pictures are for display purposes only, and product appearance may differ from what you see. If there are any discrepancies between the product headline, description and picture, the correct information will be in the product headline (i.e. computer systems may not come with monitors even if pictured that way). If anything is unclear, please email support before placing your order.

Although, the Horis do come with a cleaning cloth.

Hell, for $2, just take a chance.[/quote]
Yeah, I read that too, which was what got be wondering in the first place.

To be honest, even if they're knockoffs, if they're static cling like the horis then would it really matter?

I'm sure you'd find some fallacy in the packaging, though.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']To be honest, even if they're knockoffs, if they're static cling like the horis then would it really matter?[/QUOTE]YES.

The reason people buy Hori is for the high quality non-residue extreme durability protection that it delivers. And it's quite affordable to boot.

There's no sense wasting money on low-quality knockoffs.

[quote name='B:L']YES.

The reason people buy Hori is for the high quality non-residue extreme durability protection that it delivers. And it's quite affordable to boot.

There's no sense wasting money on low-quality knockoffs.[/quote]

Well, you stick with that then.

If it's the same adhesive that Hori uses as stated in the description, then I'd be in for a set of these.

But I already have Horis, so whatever.

i bought these about 3 weeks ago, at the same $1.99 and free shipping.
Though i never used hori DS screen protectors, i have used the PSP hori ones.
if the hori DS ones are as nice as the psp ones, let me just say these young micro ones are nowhere nearly as nice.
the young micro definitely feel cheap and flimsy.
also i think the hori one you can rinse through water and reapply if it ever comes off. (i might be wrong, never tried it with my psp hori)
this young micro one, i tried it and killed the adhesive a significant degree.

anyway, i put on a hori for my psp when i first bought it when psp first came out two years ago and never had to get another protector for it.
with the ds, i guess i'll be going back to genuine ones.

i bought two so i figure i'll cut up the other one and use it on my cell phone or something.

Do they sell the Hori brand in stores? I have been looking for good screen protectors since the Pelican fiasco that I got involved with on my old DS.

[quote name='Pojo']Do they sell the Hori brand in stores? I have been looking for good screen protectors since the Pelican fiasco that I got involved with on my old DS.[/quote]

Yeah, I jst bought some yesterday at Fry's Electronics for $7.

[quote name='tink']i bought these about 3 weeks ago, at the same $1.99 and free shipping.
Though i never used hori DS screen protectors, i have used the PSP hori ones.
if the hori DS ones are as nice as the psp ones, let me just say these young micro ones are nowhere nearly as nice.
the young micro definitely feel cheap and flimsy.
also i think the hori one you can rinse through water and reapply if it ever comes off. (i might be wrong, never tried it with my psp hori)
this young micro one, i tried it and killed the adhesive a significant degree.

anyway, i put on a hori for my psp when i first bought it when psp first came out two years ago and never had to get another protector for it.
with the ds, i guess i'll be going back to genuine ones.

i bought two so i figure i'll cut up the other one and use it on my cell phone or something.[/quote]

They don't damage the DS in any way does it? What I mean is, does any of the adhesive get stuck on the screen when you try to take them off like the Pelican brands and are they easy to remove? Or do they use something similar to the static cling that the Hori screen protectors do?

Target has the Hori brand DS Lite filters for $9.99. It has some protective skins in addition to the 2 screen filters too.

Has the stylus been known to scratch the touch screen? I bought Hori screen protector but never put it on due to laziness, and still haven't noticed scratches on the screen.

they send me the dragon brand. works better that i thought. it is similar to the hori brand ds lite screen protector. not as easy to remove as hori.

bread's done
Back