Easiest way to win games on ebay

Jubei08

CAG Veteran
The best way to win games on ebay is to first sort the listings by time:ending soonest. Ill usually only deal with games that have less than a hour on them. type in a figure youre comfortable w/ (I usually do 5-7 and change higher to what the bid is currently is) After you place your bid a popup asks you to confirm your bid... try to wait til approx 8 or 7 secs are left b4 confirming and your chances increase greatly.

Ive won several auctions like this for games (however must i had to resell because of financial issues). Make sure that you know how much the item is going for beforehand so you dont bid too much. Ebay also has a feature called buy it now for those who dont want to bother w/ bidding.

Ebay also has a feature called proxy bidding in which you can put in as much as you are willing to pay at any time and you can win it or not.

Everyone who uses ebay knows how to bid on an auction, sonny. You should really save up your Bar Mitzvah money for driver's ed. ;)

What you're describing is called sniping. It works well if you don't want to give others the chance to outbid you, but it's defenseless/worthless against a high proxy bid.

It felt silly one time when I double-sniped an auction that I was literally the only bidder for the entirety of it.

Double-snipe: having two windows/tabs up with different bid amounts ready to submit, firing the first one with 7 seconds left, and the 2nd one with 3 seconds left. That's how I like to play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Put in an odd amount, like $7.51, don't put in amounts like $8.50 because if someone else put in the same amount you won't win. If you put in an odd amount you are more likely to win the auction by one or two cents over the guy who puts in a common, even amount.

I have no trouble winning auctions, getting sellers to send the product as described is another problem.

You do not win games on eBay. You win the right to BUY them. If you won the game you wouldnt have to pay for it after.

[quote name='musha666']You do not win games on eBay. You win the right to BUY them. If you won the game you wouldnt have to pay for it after.[/QUOTE]

You win the OBLIGATION to pay for the game. A lot of people on eBay still think they have a choice. : /

Since we are talking about common sense ways to win an ebay auction don't forget to search for items that are misspelled IE Mairo versus Mario, Mass affect versus Mass effect, maden versus madden etc. It amazes me how many people misspell items they are listing so they don't come up in most searches. Sadly since ebay has expanded their catalog and is generally encouraging people to use the pre-filled listings they are less common than they use to be

[quote name='Kerig']What you're describing is called sniping. It works well if you don't want to give others the chance to outbid you, but it's defenseless/worthless against a high proxy bid.

It felt silly one time when I double-sniped an auction that I was literally the only bidder for the entirety of it.

Double-snipe: having two windows/tabs up with different bid amounts ready to submit, firing the first one with 7 seconds left, and the 2nd one with 3 seconds left. That's how I like to play.[/QUOTE]

lol... I once sniped a lime green n64 controller, this was before eBay blocked out who won. I received a nasty reply from some lady saying how heartbroken her kid was with my last second bid.

bread's done
Back