EB/GS Weekly AD 10/26-11/1 - Buy Used GC Sys. get Used GC Game Free

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
olfsi_102607-1.jpg

olfsi_102607-2.jpg

EBC3003753.jpg

Well, given how cheap GameCubes are getting, and how high they're jacking up used game prices, you may make out on this yet.

so they're never going to have another b2g1 again, are they?

Man for some of the used games they charge more than they do for the system so if your looking for one of the higher priced games this would be the way to go.

Do prices on the used games matter? Do they have to be cheaper than the GC? How much does the GC cost, $40? Which model GC do you want to get?

There was already a thread about the free Gamecube game with purchase of system deal, but to clear up any confusion: Yes, any game will work. There are no exclusions on price. So yes, for $40 you can get a Gamecube and Twilight Princess even though Twilight Princess for itself still goes for $45.

[quote name='deadite76']If only MM was $20 instead of $30.[/quote]Used w/EDGE should be around $22.49, with the assumption of a used copy being $24.99.

Was going to get it with Mario Mix DDR as tons of stores around here have it but kept looking for Mario instead of DDR. Didn't bother asking the clerks because I know they'd hoard it if they found it.

So wait, I was planning on buying Zelda Twilight Princess for Gamecube (new). Gamestop sells it for $45 used. But with this coupon, I could spend $40 total and get Zelda used and another Gamecube?.......

Edit: Oh wow, just read this post:

[quote name='Edge']There was already a thread about the free Gamecube game with purchase of system deal, but to clear up any confusion: Yes, any game will work. There are no exclusions on price. So yes, for $40 you can get a Gamecube and Twilight Princess even though Twilight Princess for itself still goes for $45.[/quote]

Wondering what I would do with another Gamecube......:lol:

Also when I go to Gamestop's website, the Gamecube coupon doesn't show up there. Was that part of their email service?

[quote name='Guy Legend']Also when I go to Gamestop's website, the Gamecube coupon doesn't show up there. Was that part of their email service?[/QUOTE]
yes

Hm...so if I get a Gamecube and twilight princess, trade TP back in for 16 (17.60) that drops the total being (39.99 - 17.60 = 22.39 since I'll just be using store credit anyways).

[quote name='Apossum']so they're never going to have another b2g1 again, are they?[/QUOTE]

Found an old receipt from last year, they had one during Black Friday as I also bought MUA new the one day they had it back then for 19.99 for the PS2. Wouldn't surprise me if they were saving the next b2g1 for then.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']It's too bad I just traded for Twilight Princess, I'll have to find another expensive Gamecube game to get.[/quote]
That's what I was thinking. I just picked up a couple 360 games last night with store credit. I bought them on a whim, so I might return them, get the GC + Mario Cart: DD (local GS has 4+), and then trade in MC: DD at the other GS at the mall for $18.

It would appear the number of GameCube consoles remaining in stock is completely related to the numbers of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Zelda: Collector's Edition and Resident Evil 2 left in each store.

It is an outstanding find, but I can't quite follow GS's logic.

Let's see:

1. Gamestop wants to stop carrying GC consoles and games.

2. Gamestop keeps prices of most used GC games twice the price that the game could be purchased for on eBay.

3. Gamestop is practically giving away consoles.

If I already own a GameCube console, why would I take advantage of this offer. There is a decent chance the GC console available is defective.

Here's an idea: Can GameStop force you to return the free game if they can't provide a functional console?

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']It would appear the number of GameCube consoles remaining in stock is completely related to the numbers of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Zelda: Collector's Edition and Resident Evil 2 left in each store.

It is an outstanding find, but I can't quite follow GS's logic.

Let's see:

1. Gamestop wants to stop carrying GC consoles and games.

2. Gamestop keeps prices of most used GC games twice the price that the game could be purchased for on eBay.

3. Gamestop is practically giving away consoles.

If I already own a GameCube console, why would I take advantage of this offer. There is a decent chance the GC console available is defective.

Here's an idea: Can GameStop force you to return the free game if they can't provide a functional console?[/quote]

hell yes they can but as always ymmv, i think they will just exchange the gc. heres another idea, what are the chances of you getting a decent gc game, a perfect gc, and nintendo component cables instead of the uggo white/red/yellow ones.

[quote name='monkeydeew']hell yes they can but as always ymmv, i think they will just exchange the gc. heres another idea, what are the chances of you getting a decent gc game, a perfect gc, and nintendo component cables instead of the uggo white/red/yellow ones.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo component cables are worth more than GCs :p

[quote name='worshipsf']Nintendo component cables are worth more than GCs :p[/quote]

worth less than mario ddr but more than ikaruga haha

Great experience tonight. Got Twilight and went to register to ask for a gamecube(I had called earlier, and they said they had plenty), and when they saw the coupon, they tried to come up with an excuse not to accept it(tried to say it had to be a "cheap" game). they finally gave in, and after a few minutes, they come out with a beat up, written on, crap gamecube saying its the only one for sale. I didnt argue, since I knew I could trade it in a few stores down(horton plaza san diego has gamestop and EB games a few stores apart). Well, I tell the guy I am not happy about it, but its ok. The guy next to me was arguing about getting a refund for a Cordless Logitech Controller for the Ps2, and they said the receipt is 2 days after the return policy and were trying to get him to take $6.00 in credit for it, the clerk even told him that he would give him 8 cash. I tell the clerk that I want to buy the controller if they are going to sell it as used, and the clerk tells me to mind my own business, the customer just hands me the controller and tells me to take it, for free. WEll, it doesnt end there, I offer the guy $15 for the controller, cause I dont think its right to get it for free(clerk says I cant conduct business in the store and tells me to leave, and the customer says, "what, you pissed I wouldnt take your $8 cash?)and he pulls a Gamecube Gameboy Player and says I can have it for the $15.00. The clerk tells me to leave, I say I will with the controller and the GB player. SO, all in all, a gamecube, Twilight, Gamecube player, Brand New Logitech COntroller for a total of $60. Awesome deal. Btw, the Controller and GB Player are YMMV,

I wanted to buy a new copy of Twilight Princess, but this deal has me reconsidering. However, I don't know what the heck I would do with another Gamecube seeming as how I don't use the one I have that much. Anyone know what the Gamecrazy trade in value is for one?

Bwahahahaahhaha!

A friend of mine wanted a Gamecube, so I told him about this promo... he wanted the system plus Resident Evil. I bought a GC and Zelda Twilight Princess; Then I bought one for myself, plus Zelda 64 + Master Quest. Then I bought him his Resident Evil game.

So I got a Gamecube and both Zeldas for $60. The Gamestop employees were NOT AMUSED AT ALL. Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I would murder on this deal if Cubes had any sort of decent value. In other news I picked up a complete copy of DDR MarioMix with this deal. Now to find a cheap mat or just let the copy go for cheap on here.

[quote name='davo1224']I would murder on this deal if Cubes had any sort of decent value. In other news I picked up a complete copy of DDR MarioMix with this deal. Now to find a cheap mat or just let the copy go for cheap on here.[/quote]

With the pad?

I bought a Gamecube for $40 and Got Mario DDR for free. Now I'm going to trade in the Gamecube at EB for $15 credit. I called Gamecrazy and they only offer $10 credit.
They also have a complete ikaruga, so I'm thinking about getting that also.

[quote name='davo1224']I would murder on this deal if Cubes had any sort of decent value. In other news I picked up a complete copy of DDR MarioMix with this deal. Now to find a cheap mat or just let the copy go for cheap on here.[/quote]

who sells universal mats for this game? other than ebay

[quote name='dpadilla4']who sells universal mats for this game? other than ebay[/QUOTE]

If Nintendo still sells them, I would by direct from their website. It has a great picture of Mario break dancing.

[quote name='orangecrush']If Nintendo still sells them, I would by direct from their website. It has a great picture of Mario break dancing.[/quote]You should still be able to find some at Gamestop. I think some Toys'R'Us stores have a few in stock, too.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Bwahahahaahhaha!

A friend of mine wanted a Gamecube, so I told him about this promo... he wanted the system plus Resident Evil. I bought a GC and Zelda Twilight Princess; Then I bought one for myself, plus Zelda 64 + Master Quest. Then I bought him his Resident Evil game.

So I got a Gamecube and both Zeldas for $60. The Gamestop employees were NOT AMUSED AT ALL. Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha![/quote]

Hey...I saw you posting on the LJ community. :lol:

I took advantage of this deal yesterday. I found a Gamecube with that Zelda Twilight Princes Decal crap on it, no controller. and a beat-up Mad Catz Universal RF switch. When the clerk showed what came with the box, I asked her to switch with an Composite cable please. So after 10 min, she returned with a run down cable and she told me that the manager said it was ok to pick any used GC controller from the rack. I said fine whatever. I was looking at the rack and I noticed a lone Wavebird. Of course, I grabbed it quickly. I went home to check it out to see if it still worked, and I noticed two things.

1. it had a game already in it (unfortunatelly it was All-Star Baseball 2002)
2. it had a broadband adapter installed on the bottom

So basiclly, for $39.99, I walked away with a Gamecube with a broadband adapter, Wavebird w/ batteries, and TWO games (the other was Ikaruga).

Not bad I guess.

Nope VERY GOOD.

As for the mat, I already sold it without for $53 shipped. I probably could have gotten more but whatever. I don't do E-Bay.

I wonder if anyone has ever tried to make the GC more portable. Maybe this would be agood time to pick one up and try it. :D

Quite curious. Would one be able to return the Cube after purchase without having to return the game? If so, the best (expensive) games to grab would be the following:

Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix
Ikaruga
Legend of Zelda: Collector's Disc
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & Master Quest
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Mario Kart Double Dash
Mario Power Tennis
Resident Evil 10th Anniversary Collection (Three games in one; YMMV)
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Hmm....GC for my nephew for christmas......Check

Now i can't decide what game i want
Resident Evil 2(last one i need)
Fire Emblem(Already have 1)
Mario DDR (Already have 1)
RE 3 (already have 1)
Zelda: Twilight of the Princess (need it)

bread's done
Back