game agression and your controller

psxtreme

CAG Veteran
ever thrown or did something worse to your controller after having some awful or stressful gaming experiences?

personally i haven't or can't really remember doing so , but i've thrown with it for other reasons outside gaming :evil:

[quote name='help1']I hope you get flamed for making a poll...[/quote]

:rofl:

anyways i always throw them but i try to throw them like against a couch of a pillow so i dont break em

I was going to say I haven't done this in a very long time, but then I remembered that I have done this one time with my Xbox. Can't remember what game it was, but I smashed the controller down on my table and chipped a chunk out of one my cases. Felt like a complete idiot, but luckily the controller was unscathed.

I think this type of thing was much more common back in the dark ages of gaming -- no saves so dying meant starting back at the very beginning. ARRRGGGHHHHH!! *SMASH*

I usually just hit the shit out of the side of the controller with my palm now, I used to be a thrower back in the day, but with expensive wireless controllers I try to restrain myself. Last time i threw a controller was a year ago, I had Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts beat, but he did some B.S and killed me. I was not happy so I chucked my controller at the ground with great force. I'm pretty surprised it didn't break. A friend of mine saw it and he was shocked too. I slammed it down pretty hard.

Roughyl a dozen SNES controllers and about 4 PS1 controllers are haphazardly scattered at various dumps as a result of Street Fighter II Turbo (on level 8), and...well, I forgot the PSX title.

myke.

I've busted at least a dozen probably more. The most recent incident occurred about 2 hours ago during a battler with the macho man in Super punchout. It did'nt shatter but I slammed it pretty hard and then shut the game off. I hope it still works. I'm gonna beat his ass tonight. When I threw all I needed was one more punch to take him out when he unloaded on me and knocked me out

[quote name='snotknocker']I've busted at least a dozen probably more. The most recent incident occurred about 2 hours ago during a battler with the macho man in Super punchout. It did'nt shatter but I slammed it pretty hard and then shut the game off. I hope it still works. I'm gonna beat his ass tonight. When I threw all I needed was one more punch to take him out when he unloaded on me and knocked me out[/quote]

Damn him and his coach telling him to work out during the match.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I threw my wavebird into a door fighting Meta-Ridley, and my wireless PS2 contoller at my TV (luckily I missed) because of Gitaroo-Man.[/quote]

Is suggest you stop buying wireless controllers

First controller I ever broke was an atari joystick. The last one I broke was this glove controller thing that some idiot 3rd party made for the PS1. It strapped on to your arm and had a psuedo glove/controller thing. (It reminded me of a carpel tunnel brace). Anyway, I had to test the thing back when I worked for Sony and I broke it when I slammed my arm down in disgust. We were testing a hockey game that day. Hockey is such a violent sport.

I have never had one break on me, but I've given some NES and PS1 controllers a rough time in the past. These days I'm more calm usually, although some laggy Halo 2 matches have tested my patience.

I haven't thrown a contoller since the NES days. Back then when I got angry I would throw the controller at the NES to try to turn it off. It sometimes worked and a few other times not only would the console turn off but the game would be ejected up ready for a new game to be inserted.

It's funny, a few of my friends used to do the same thing back when they were kids.

[quote name='KingDox']I haven't thrown a contoller since the NES days. Back then when I got angry I would throw the controller at the NES to try to turn it off. It sometimes worked and a few other times not only would the console turn off but the game would be ejected up ready for a new game to be inserted.

It's funny, a few of my friends used to do the same thing back when they were kids.[/quote]

I cringed at the thought of destroying that poor NES, I was never into throwing things, I sometimes go for the windup like I am going to throw it, but I come to my senses and just lower it and move on.

2 post in this thread and I didn't even answer the question ...

Anyway, I've never broken/thrown a controller while playing a game. I'll turn it off before I get close to that frustrated.

I did see one of my cousins actually start biting his controller in anger many years back. I think he was playing Toy Story on Genesis, but I'm really not sure.

Every now and again I'll toss it up in the air thanks to frustration and I usually catch it, except I've missed before. nothing's ever broke though and I never really threw it with all my strength or against something or anything like that.

Being the CAG that i am i could never destroy my controllers, but the family has heard profanity go through out the house due to uber hard Shinobi on teh PS2. Daym that blind mini boss with the sword!

I've thrown controllers before, but I haven't broken any. I'll still throw the controller occasionally, but usually I just curse profusely.

[quote name='KingDox']I haven't thrown a contoller since the NES days. Back then when I got angry I would throw the controller at the NES to try to turn it off. It sometimes worked and a few other times not only would the console turn off but the game would be ejected up ready for a new game to be inserted.

It's funny, a few of my friends used to do the same thing back when they were kids.[/quote]

Thank god nintendo made the NES a tank. I still have that Nes and you can't tell how much I abused the thing. I was a kid when did it, plus you have to remember everyone loves the nes now, but back when the SNES & Genny was cutting edge, you were a loser if you only owned an nes.

And I was one of those losers who missed out of the 16 bit generation of consoles. But then the internet showed up and I was able to play all those games I missed if you catch my drift.

bread's done
Back