game mileage

sadelack

CAG Veteran
im broke and unemployed, so have been trying to squeeze every bit out of the games i have.
which makes me wonder what games people are getting the most playtime out of.
My bids would be Orange Box, GTA IV, and GoW1. gears because of the ridiculous achievements, but the other two for pure fun.
what do you think?

COD4 online kills alot of hours for me.

And I also have hundreds of hours on certain DS games, like Disgaea, and Pokemon. Games I can play for months on my commute.

Oblivion Game of The Year Edition. I imagine Fallout 3 offers a ton of playtime as well, but I haven't had time to start it up yet.

Mass Effect is great, not that long (around 35 hours to get most possible achievements first play through) but you have to go through it several times if you're an achievement point person and want to get them all.

And as you and Puffa469 note, any game with online play that you enjoy offers near infinite replay value.

Fallout 3 has tons of gameplay, but if you don't have it yet, wait for the GOTY edition. It comes with the first five DLC packs for the same $60 tag.

[quote name='Flak']Fallout 3 has tons of gameplay, but if you don't have it yet, wait for the GOTY edition. It comes with the first five DLC packs for the same $60 tag.[/QUOTE]

Even without the DLC, its well worth 60 bucks.

If you have a computer that's capable of running the Orange Box then don't even bother with the 360 version, it doesn't have any of the updates or mods the PC version has. Just buying the PC version of the Orange Box will give you access to dozen, if not hundreds of free mods.
I've personally put in over 100 hours into the PC version of Team Fortress 2 over the past 6 months or so.

Street fighter 4 has taken over my life. Especially those stupid achievement trophy things. I just need to complete all those hard trials, damn them. Before that it was Left 4 Dead.

bread's done
Back