games like call of duty 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manhole

CAG Veteran
hi can anyone recommend me any games like call of duty 4? i just beat the single player and i thought it was awesome, i wanna play more games like it. thanks

[quote name='manhole']hi can anyone recommend me any games like call of duty 4? i just beat the single player and i thought it was awesome, i wanna play more games like it. thanks[/quote]

COD4 definitely sets the benchmark because of the quality and variety of the missions. It only goes down from there and I think most people would agree with the metacritic ratings COD4 > GRAW > COD2 > RB6:V > GRAW2 > COD3. Personally I think COD4 is way, way above the other games and it is very likely that you won't enjoy the other games nearly as much. I've played quite a bit of multiplayer on all of the other titles, but COD4 was the only one where I actually finished the story.

Stay away from the tom clancy titles. They are far different, as they rely on realism, which COD 4 lacks. Try out COD 2, made from same developers, and its fun.

[quote name='manhole']hi can anyone recommend me any games like call of duty 4? i just beat the single player and i thought it was awesome, i wanna play more games like it. thanks[/quote]

Did you play the Multiplayer? It's a different experience.

I recommend the game "Crysis", even though it is very different and is a "futuristic" game, I am pretty sure you will still enjoy it!

Oh and I don't care if i get banned from the forum cause of bumping... I signed up just to write that post.

Battlefied Bad Company is great.

Do you only want to play modern war type FPS or any good FPS? If you're open to a different type of FPS, I'd suggest The Orange Box and F.E.A.R.

Bad Company is not great. I went into BC thinking it was going to be like MW only funny. It is not. I talked with a friend about it and he pointed out that it's not meant to be a MW clone. After that, I began playing as it's own game, without comparing it to MW. and it's an okay game, but absolute crap in comparison to MW.

I agree, MW2 is out next month and is sure not to disappoint. A sequel to Operation Flashpoint is coming out this month and is hailed as the most realistic military simulation ever.

Call of duty 2,3 & WAW. Also Medal of honor Airborne is pretty decent and cheap. If you want some over the top action try Soldier of Fortune

SOF Payback is such a joke of a game, only get that if you really enjoy dismemberment. I'll admit the customization is kind of cool but the guns don't move at all when you're firing.

Why did someone bump a 1.5 year old topic to recommend Crysis? Internet, good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back