And add:
- Space Channel 5, parts 1 and 2
- Beyond Good & Evil
- Eternal Darkness

What else?

troy

[quote name='gsr']viewtiful joe
viewtiful joe 2[/QUOTE]

Did these games really "flop"? They must have done well enough to spawn a spinoff, "Viewtiful Joe: Battle Carnival", and the inevitable 3rd game is coming as well, since the creator mentioned the series is a trilogy.

VJ didn't flop.

Brothers in Arms definately didn't get what it deserved.. a quick drop to $29.99 shortly after release.. WONDERFUL game.. on the XBox, anyways

[quote name='Scorch']
Brothers in Arms definately didn't get what it deserved.. a quick drop to $29.99 shortly after release.. WONDERFUL game.. on the XBox, anyways[/QUOTE]

Same with Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']
Maximum Carnage
[/QUOTE]

This game really flopped?

I know a sequel was made starring Venom called Seperation Anxiety... couldn't have done THAT bad.

[quote name='Roufuss']Same with Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath.[/QUOTE]

Not really.. Oddworld took months to drop. Brothers in Arms took about.. five or six weeks.

Considering it's $49.99 and just came out, it's way too early to call that a flop.

psycaunots (sp)

..si-cah-oo-nots? Psycho + naut + s = Psychonauts. Wow!

Yeah Tobal should've sold a shitload. I say Rise to Honor, that game was great and NFL Fever series. It was the best "real" football game IMO.

[quote name='The VGM']Yeah Tobal should've sold a shitload. I say Rise to Honor, that game was great and NFL Fever series. It was the best "real" football game IMO.[/QUOTE]

Isn't Rise to Honor a GH now?

Tobal must've sold well-- everyone bought it for the FFVII demo. part 2 kinda sucks though....bad framerates and slow down kill the whole game.

Considering it's $49.99 and just came out, it's way too early to call that a flop.

i know, it was a half joke.

[quote name='jesta2817']Isn't Rise to Honor a GH now?[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I've never heard anyone talking about it. I bought it for $50 back when it came out and I don't regret it.

[quote name='Roufuss']This game really flopped?

I know a sequel was made starring Venom called Seperation Anxiety... couldn't have done THAT bad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. I only put it there because I was just reading an old EGM (from about year or two ago) and they had a feature on carts with different colors (with Maximum Carnage sporting all red) and they mentioned on how badly the game flopped.

Rise of Honor is a GH now. I own it.

Back on topic. Someone already mentioned Psychonauts, and I couldn't agree more.

I also say Treasures of the Deep for the PS1. That game was great back in the day. Also, Otogi and Otogi 2 get the nod from me. Both didn't sell particularly well, or if they did it was to the minority of gamers that liked the first one.

[quote name='LeakyImplant']Mafia - pc[/QUOTE]

Love that game, got it at the 75% off sale a while back, like 7 used copies so people around here had interest in it... until they played it.

Silver for Dreamcast, that game furthered my love for all things RPG's and was extremely fun.

Draconus: Cult of the Wyrm, another game for DC that didn't get the sales it should have. Like Deathtrap Dungeon, only good and didn't look like you were trying to play a game using the reflection of a toaster.

Those are my two favorite DC games and neither did good, bastages!

OH! I almost forgot this one until another thread reminded me about it.

Psi-Ops

I absolutely loved this game. A true hidden gem with some very unique and well executed gameplay elements.

Speed Devils and Power Stone. I know both got sequels on the DC but both games are so good they should have more this/next generation. C'mon Ubi & Capcom!!

Kirby's Adventure NES

I'm sick of kirby being a gimmick to test the next gimmick product. Bring back an old school kirby platform/adventurer at the time when it was released the NES game was revolutionary but it was at the end of the NES' lifecycle and the beginning of the SNES so no one played it.

Resident Evil 4
Last time I heard, it hadn't even broken 750k units. Could be a first for a game of the year?

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Loved this game, too bad it got meh reviews and people still had the taste in their mouth from the N64 game

PoP Sands of Time
No idea this wasn't a huge hit.

Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
Took the Dynasty Warriors successful formula and placed it in a new genre that really needed a game like this.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (chaos bleeds too)
One of the best games ever made from a license.

Clive Barker's Undying
Easily the scariest game I've played not named Fatal Frame.

Jurassic Park Trespasser
First real physics engine, still does thing that no game has ever done.

Grim Fandango
Obvious

Raze's Hell (Xbox)
Mark of Kri (PS2)
Front Mission 4 (PS2)
Downhill Domination (PS2)
War of the Monsters (PS2)
Otagi 1 & 2 (Xbox)
Rygar (PS2)
The Thing (PS2)
Armed and Dangerous (Xbox)
Kill.Switch (Xbox)

I know I repeated a couple, but I felt they deserved to be repeated.

bread's done
Back