GC Animal Crossing, simple?

X_Sparky_X

CAG Veteran
Help me out is Animal Crossing simple enuff for my 3 year old?
Of not what games would she be able to play, already got her Mario Kart DD and Mario Party 5.

I dont hang out with a bunch of three year olds but its pretty simple collecting and stuff. Its prettys low paced compared to those two games but theres a lot of reading involved...so ummm...supervision i guess :D

My 4 and 6 year old nephews don't "get" Animal Crossing because of all the reading. You could let her wander around and randomly click buttons like they did, but that gets old fairly quickly.

From what I've seen games like SSX Tricky and Tony Hawk Pro Skater are winners for that age group because the kids can mash buttons and spin the joystick around without knowing what they are doing and cool stuff happens. Being multi-player also really helps since it can entertain both at once without bringing up fights about sharing.

FYI Don't be fooled by Animal Crossing's cartoony look and feel, it's definitely got enough depth for adults to enjoy it. It sucked me in and didn't let me out for months :)

you might want to look into crash bandicoot games. my little cousin plays my old ps1 crash bandicoots. all there is is jump and spin. but i think they are more complex now.

[quote name='fastkilr']It is a great game at any age, but when you can fully understand it, its that much better. Try Eternal Darkness as well.[/quote]

Eternal Darkness for a 3-year old? :shock:

If she's got good hand-eye coordination, Pacman isn't a bad choice. It was my first video game and I was 3 at the time.

i got this game i had a 6 and a 4 yr old. the older ones a lil nerdy thing and always reads and she loved the game ;)

I would play with the younger niece and read her what was being said awhile later she went from hating to be forced to read to doing it for fun.

besides the reading they found the game amsuing from fishing and chopping sh*t down

[quote name='swinte']My 4 and 6 year old nephews don't "get" Animal Crossing because of all the reading. You could let her wander around and randomly click buttons like they did, but that gets old fairly quickly.

From what I've seen games like SSX Tricky and Tony Hawk Pro Skater are winners for that age group because the kids can mash buttons and spin the joystick around without knowing what they are doing and cool stuff happens. Being multi-player also really helps since it can entertain both at once without bringing up fights about sharing.

FYI Don't be fooled by Animal Crossing's cartoony look and feel, it's definitely got enough depth for adults to enjoy it. It sucked me in and didn't let me out for months :)[/quote]

I completly and totally agree. When my mom's friend comes over with her little annoying kid, I just stick him on THUG for an hour and he is completly mesmorized.

I say get the GB Player and get some GBA games, especially the NES remakes, have her start there. Try to get a Hori old school controller, and it might be more suitable for her too.

bread's done
Back