GHIII Bundles @ Deep Discount - 360/PS3 $88, Wii/PS2 $78

[quote name='cleaver']They're legit and tend to honor everything. They also have Super Mario Galaxy for $39.[/quote]

All of the next-gen bundles are wireless as far as I know.

[quote name='jimijumper']

Too good to be true?[/quote]

good call op...thats a great price

now to get the wii or ps2 version ..

[quote name='cleaver']They're legit and tend to honor everything. They also have Super Mario Galaxy for $39.[/quote]

Good catch--they also lowered Super Smash Brothers Brawl to $39 as well.

Hope they honor these. I pre-ordered Oblivion GOTY for 360 @ $43.95, but they put it into some backorder limbo land and never fulfilled it. I decided to opt out and go for the PS3 version which is $48 instead.

I preordered through red octane, but this price is quite a deal. True, snail mail but if you can wait, good stuff. I got my Halo headset from them for $43.

I was gonna wait until Rock Band came out to pick this up with it at Gamestop, but for $77 I couldnt justify the wait. Thanks OP!

Wow, there are so many games I want, I might have to use DD soon. That's a great price on GHIII, but I got mine ordered from RedOctane thanks to GamingLagoon. But with $10 off each Smash and Galaxy, and $8 off Zack and Wiki, I might need to buy all of them from there and enjoy all the saved money!

To everyone that's preordered from them before, how long after release did you get your game using the free shipping? Do they charge at check out or at shipment for preordered games?

I ordered a 360 one and the Mario Galaxy game. Good deal. Thanks OP!
*edit* Thats weird, I just ordered about an hour ago and Mario Galaxy already went up to $43.99. I ordered at $39.00. I wonder if prices change frequently like this and how many deals I missed cause of a short time frame like this.

[quote name='iowaholdem']Wow, there are so many games I want, I might have to use DD soon. That's a great price on GHIII, but I got mine ordered from RedOctane thanks to GamingLagoon. But with $10 off each Smash and Galaxy, and $8 off Zack and Wiki, I might need to buy all of them from there and enjoy all the saved money!

To everyone that's preordered from them before, how long after release did you get your game using the free shipping? Do they charge at check out or at shipment for preordered games?[/quote]

They don't charge until it ships. Fulfillment can be slow, but it varies. I don't normally order games from them, but the ones I did order got to me in a reasonable amount of time. It'll be ok if you order onesie-twosie as in my case those small individual orders were sent via USPS Priority or First Class, even with the free standard shipping. Larger orders go by bulk USPS and can take a really long time. I mentioned a few posts up, but they never did ship my last pre-order, though that's just one example.

As munch mentioned also, they may send the odd-size package without any external box. Fair warning, I guess.

[quote name='trabbahabba']I already have two controllers for the PS2 so it looks like PS2 version for me, game only.[/quote]

Game only is just $39.00, so that's still a pretty good deal.

I went ahead and pre-ordered the PS2 bundle for $69.

[quote name='trabbahabba']I already have two controllers for the PS2 so it looks like PS2 version for me, game only.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat, want a Wii bundle but I already own the GH I & II bundles plus an extra wireless guitar for the PS2.

My wife will kill me if I get another *fake* guitar! :argue:

Are there any online retailers that are taking preorders for the GHIII guitars only? I'm trying to find a Wii guitar (or at least a MSRP price) to order from PrizeRebel or GamingLagoon.

In for Wii version. Wallet is crying (yes I'm cheap), but this is a very good deal.

I've bought some dvd's from them in the past and had no problems.

Thanks OP !

Not sure if I should cancel my GH3 elite bundle with Red Octane. It's about $30 more for t-shirt, bag, faceplate, key chain, and strap.

I guess they're about the same if you figure about $5 for t-shirt, $10 for bag, $10 for faceplate, and $5 for the other stuff.

Thanks, I canceled my pre-order at Red Octane and ordered it from Deep Discount.

I don't want the swag so much that I'd have to pay around $33.00 more. :lol:

couldn't pass this up. cancelled my preorder with red octane. that went for about 107.16 w/ free shipping and 10% off coupons included. i didn't really care about the shirt and all that other stuff (altho i did want that bag...but meh)...so at 77 bucks, it saves me about 30 bucks. thanks OP!

In for the Wii version. I hadn't really been able to decide which version to get but the latest reports of the Wii version actually having decent online play put me over the top for that one. Not to mention saving a bit of $$, since GH is about the experience, not the shiny pretty graphics.

I just wish the PS3 controllers had worked on GHI/II/80s, would've totally gotten that one instead.

Besides GH III game only for $47, I ordered WWE: SDvsRAW and COD4, all for ~$47... YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT! DD tends to be slow a bit on their DVD shipments, but honestly, I can wait a week to save $15 after tax per game.

[quote name='crunchewy']Uh, PS2 version is $88.99, not $69. I guess they changed it. :( The Wii version is still $69. Huh?[/QUOTE]

yeahh... Looks like an error or something and prices went back to their original.

I checked 5 min before and it was at 77 then 5 min after it's at 84.

Hm, yeah this happens somewhat regularly w/Deep Discount. Not sure who is doing the database edits, but they've got fat fingers or something. It might've been intentional as their DVD prices do go up and down like the stock market, but who knows. Anyway, looks like both Super Mario Galaxy and SSBB are back to $43.99 as well.

And btw, they almost never honor their own pricing mistakes.

ARRRGH! Ah, I saw it (Wii version) for $69 and decided to wait a little bit. I check 2 hours later to order and it's back up to $88.99. Makes me MAD.

So if this was indeed a massive price mistake, how long does DD tend to take to let us know? I'd hate to miss out on any decent first week GHIII sales while DD played around and decided to cancel the order "eventually"...

[quote name='Justin42']So if this was indeed a massive price mistake, how long does DD tend to take to let us know? I'd hate to miss out on any decent first week GHIII sales while DD played around and decided to cancel the order "eventually"...[/quote]

You'd like to think they wouldn't go cancelling orders over a $7 price mistake, but who knows.

A long time ago, they had a price mistake on a TMNT cartoon boxset. It was ridiculously low priced, and I managed to get an order in before they fixed it. They honored all of the orders at the low price, so I wouldn't be too worried about them canceling orders or making them the correct price unless their policy has changed over the years.

[quote name='aktick']You'd like to think they wouldn't go cancelling orders over a $7 price mistake, but who knows.[/quote]

agreed, being out $7 or $77?

its their choice. plus the people who ordered will most likely not order from them again if this doesnt go through only if theres a massive deal.

so its a make it or break it with the current people who ordered.

[quote name='Justin42']So if this was indeed a massive price mistake, how long does DD tend to take to let us know? I'd hate to miss out on any decent first week GHIII sales while DD played around and decided to cancel the order "eventually"...[/QUOTE]

I get the impression a lot of times that places like these lower the price because they want to test the waters. If they can drum up interest in the site (like they just did in this thread) then it just means more profit for them. To be fair, though, DD really is pretty awesome as far as competition for retail.

I kinda wish I had jumped on it, but I plan on getting rock band first, so my friends can play also.

[quote name='peril']then there was the time they had the massive price mistake pretty much across the gaming board and practically all orders were cancelled or left in limbo.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140415&highlight=deepdiscount[/QUOTE]

$7 != bullshit mistake prices.

bread's done
Back