Great Deal on Street Fighter Controllers

evilgizmo

CAG Veteran
I did not see this any where yet so sorry if it is a repost. I was in a couple gamestops today looking for N-Gage stuff and saw that the Street Fighter Gamepads(the ones in the cool boxes) for the PS2 and Xbox where $9.99 with 30% off making them only about $7.00. This may be YMMV but it was at both the gamestops I was at. Great deal since they used to be $29.99 and they are great pads for fighting fans.

Yeah. I have been looking for Akuma for a LONG time in a PS2 version. I have Ryu, Ken, and Li, so I'd love to get Akuma a complete the original set. Especially after picking up ST Ann. Ed. during the B2G1F at Gamestop. :)

Anyone willing to pick one up for me at that price? You can send it cheapest method available, and I'll Pay Pal ya $10 if you don't mind.

[quote name='Beer Monkey']5 bucks at one BB here, but the pads suck. Packing is great, though.[/quote]

I highly disagree, I found the pads to be great. I have Akuma and Ryu pads. I was considering collecting them all, but then I thought whats the point...

Yeah the pads are decent. They look so good and the packaging is amazing for a controller. They are much better than the standard ps2 or xbox controllers for fighters.

[quote name='Beer Monkey']5 bucks at one BB here, but the pads suck. Packing is great, though.[/QUOTE]

Wrong there great.

I owned the entire set and gave them to friends. The Xbox versions were horrible. The controller felt cheaper due to the fact that a vibration function and a headset communicator port for Xbox live had to be added for the same price. The Ps2 versions were a dream though.

I agree with UTK - I have one PS2 and one XB pad (Chun and Bison, respectively). The PS2 one is GREAT, and the pad is really responsive. The Xbox one is simply shit though - the pad is too loose and isn't responsive at all. I don't get it...but whatever.

I got the xbox version of Guile sitting in my car. I'll pull it out sometime soon. I figured it wouldn't be that great. But it sure looks cool.

Just found this pad today at my local BBV, didn't see this post and was SHOCKED to see it ring up at $5, so I bought two. It's a great pad for fighting games, IMO. Sure, a stick it best, but I find it much easier to use then a standard Dual Shock for my fighting games (both 2D and 3D).

[quote name='Beer Monkey']If you have a PS2 I highly recommend the 'Sega Saturn' PS2 pad.[/quote]

Ditto, but

I need to order the adaptor... :cry:

I picked up an Xbox controller. It's not bad. It's pretty responsive except for the 9 direction, which you need to hold down to jump forward. Other than that, I like it.

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']Ditto, but

I need to order the adaptor... :cry:[/quote]

No adaptor needed. It's a Saturn style pad for the PS2. I believe play-asia has a deal on the purple one. There's a thread somewhere around here about it.

bread's done
Back