Has anyone ever gotten a good game at Gamestop.com?

Number83

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
:bomb: I just received my purchase from Gamestop.com when they had the Buy 1 Get 1 free offer. So I ordered the Legend Of Zelda Collectors Edition and Dark Cloud 2. When i got them today they were in deplorable condition! Surface scratches, boxes that looked like they were chewed by furry wodland creatures and NO INSTRUCTIONS. Now I know about the No grarantee, but I am deftly afraid to even put these games in my systems because they will break them. Looking back at my records I realized that this is the 3rd time I've returned items ordered from Gamestop.com. So my question is...has anyone ever gotten pre-owned games from Gamestop.com that were in decent condition and had instructions. I hope that they don't turn EBGames.com into Gamestop.com. I never returned anything from there and even Dreamcast games.

I think the should post a guarantee that it will be disgusting and not include instructions. :bomb:

I don't think I've ever ordered used from Gamestop for that very reason. No boxes + instructions = no business from me.

I've gotten a few games in decent condition. Occasionally if I get something "complete" the case has their stickers all over it but everything inside will look alright. I admit, I have NEVER gotten anything from there in anything close to "mint" condition...

My theory has always been that Gamestop.com games either come from stores that send in their "non-working" games that are returned to their stores (then corp. tests and/or resurfaces them and sells them on Gamestop.com). Either that, or they are the games that certain stores just couldn't seem to sell so them sent them in to make room...

[quote name='Number83'] Surface scratches, boxes that looked like they were chewed by furry wodland creatures and NO INSTRUCTIONS. [/QUOTE]

You got boxes? Wow! :lol: Seriously, I do understand your pain. As other have said, they are hit or miss. I have gotten some complete games and some with only the game, but mine were always in good shape.

man, just be happy you got boxes ;-)

I've never received a complete, mint used game from them. and twice when I've ordered gamecube games, they fell out of the sleeves during shipping.

[quote name='jimbodan']I don't think I've ever ordered used from Gamestop for that very reason. No boxes + instructions = no business from me.[/QUOTE]

ditto

I've had very good luck with eb.com OTOH

I never buy used games online unless the deal is really good..

I ordered 2 used games from Gamestop once. I got one that was complete and in good shape. The other one was disc only and in terrible shape. I didn't work in my system so I got a replace which worked and came with a manual.

Thankfully, EB at least guarentees you a box and manual but they're games are always in crap condition.

Again, I only order used games from EB/GS if the deal's really good. Otherwise, I use eBay or go in store and actually look. I think they keep the best copies in store and send out the crappy ones.

I ordered Waverace: Blue Storm from them a few months ago. It arrived disk only and it was heavily scratched. Last time Gamestop.com will get my business.

i got my

Monster rancer 4 and Glowlancer generations today. Both complete and both in good shape. I say it was a major good buy for 37 bucks shipped. Im thinking about dumping the Monster rancer 4 off on ebay for around 20. That would knocked down GG to 17 and you cant find it anyplace under 25

dont gamestop blacklist you if you return too many games. I know eb can

I have never ordered a used game from Gamestop because of the condition of the games but more importantly the chance of it being disc only. In fact, I rarely order anything from Gamestop because they never seem to have deals (same goes for Gamestop instore), compared to EB who is always having $2.99 and $4.99 games.

I bought MGS for PSX the other day from EBgames.com, and it came in mint condition, instructions, and the original case, everything in almost new condition, all under $4. I was really pleased.

I ordered a used GBA sp from there, the battery was completely dead and could not hold a charge, the hinge was broken off on one side, and it was scratched to hell. Luckily, they let me get a refund without any problems.

[quote name='PenguinMan']I bought MGS for PSX the other day from EBgames.com, and it came in mint condition, instructions, and the original case, everything in almost new condition, all under $4. I was really pleased.[/QUOTE]

I denfinately agree that EBGames.com is the way to go when it comes to buying Pre-Owned online. I've gotten Genesis games complete a few times. And with the CAG16 + the extra 10% you can't beat it. I'm just worried that the Gamestop/EB merger, Gamestop is going to impart it's 'infinite wisdom' on them and screw everything up.

I got lucky and got a copy of Metal Slug 3 (Xbox) that looked like it had only been played once.

EB is the way to go when ordering used, but sometimes if I can't find a certain game and GameStop has it, I'll bite my lip and hope for the best. I'm not sure if they plan to have EB and GameStop run seperately, but I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed.

I prefer to use the website to find games in-store. That way I can check the condition of the games. I got Disgaea, Phantom Brave, and La Pucelle: Tactics all in mint condition for about 65 bucks from GameStop. In fact, in a strange twist the Phantom Brave was brand new but still sold at the used price, it even had the sticker band across the top.

[quote name='Graff^']I prefer to use the website to find games in-store. That way I can check the condition of the games. I got Disgaea, Phantom Brave, and La Pucelle: Tactics all in mint condition for about 65 bucks from GameStop. In fact, in a strange twist the Phantom Brave was brand new but still sold at the used price, it even had the sticker band across the top.[/QUOTE]

That is a good point that I think I will use more often. I picked up Valkyrie Profile a year ago. I used the website to track a copy down and got it, still in shrink wrap. Brand new but at the used price. Might as well been new, for $39.99 less the Game Informer diccount. Definately worth it, though!

Thanks for talking me down! I am still waiting for my RMA# to make my returns. If Gamestop took the Game Complete Guarantee, extra 10% discount on Pre-Owned, and the Store Returns from internet purchase policy from EBgames and factor in their own websites in-store inventory look-up, that would be a pretty sweet merger.

Why do I get the feeling we're still screwed...?

I got Stella Deus complete, but resurfaced, and Musashi: Samurai Legend disc-only, resurfaced, and otherwise unsatisfactory. Both games work fine, though.

[quote name='Vinny']
Thankfully, EB at least guarentees you a box and manual but they're games are always in crap condition. [/QUOTE]

Everybody's saying that EB's used games come in great condition, but my experience has been like yours- they do have box & manual, but the discs are filthy and sometimes scratched, and the box is covered with layer on layer of EB sticker detritus.

I've only been ordering used games to get free saver shipping, but otherwise I get my stuff from Half.com, since the "Like New" condition items actually come that way.

YES. You guys remember the Buy 1 29.99+ get one 29.99- free? I got super smash bros melee for free and metroid Prime 2 Echos for $38((s&H) included). I just got it today and the games had no scratches damn good condition, both with boxes and manuel. the SSBM box was visably used, but the SSMB box was the only bad part. Is this rare and I got lucky? or is this normal?

Ordered 3 times before, and all of them looks like crap with no box and manual. I'll not buy from them ever again on anything used.

i got a mint and complete suikoden 1 from them not too long ago, instructions working case, no stickers, (easily peelable one that is..) and everything, and the other games i ordered were all complete..

I've also once ordered 2 used games from gamestop.com during the buy one 29.99 above get one 29.99 below for free. One disc look fine but unplayable and the other one with bunch of scratches was playable. But the good thing was that gamestop.com paid for the return shipping of the not working game. Now I don't buy any USED games from online retailers anymore.

[quote name='pop311']where can one get extra cases for anything?[/QUOTE]

Blockbuster had been known to have PS2 and DVD cases 5 for $1. There have been a few times i've seen the xbox cases, but not many.

For thier last 25 percent off sale, I got star wars jedi outcast in a green slip, morrowind in a green slip, ghost recon in a green slip, all with no boxes and instructions. I only got rainbow six in a box, and it had no instructions. I was so pissed.

[quote name='Number83']That is a good point that I think I will use more often. I picked up Valkyrie Profile a year ago. I used the website to track a copy down and got it, still in shrink wrap. Brand new but at the used price. Might as well been new, for $39.99 less the Game Informer diccount. Definately worth it, though![/QUOTE]

If you got a new valkyrie profile a year ago, and opened, you sir are an idiot. You should have ebayed it and them bought a used one with the money left over.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']If you got a new valkyrie profile a year ago, and opened, you sir are an idiot. You should have ebayed it and them bought a used one with the money left over.[/QUOTE]

I never said I opened it...:drool:

[quote name='Number83']I never said I opened it...:drool:[/QUOTE]

Zo gets PWN3D!1!1!!!

I could never order a used game online from EB or Gamestop. I'm just too damn picky. I have a hard time doing store transfers thinking I'm going to get screwed. I'm far too picky when it comes to used games.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Zo gets PWN3D!1!1!!!

I could never order a used game online from EB or Gamestop. I'm just too damn picky. I have a hard time doing store transfers thinking I'm going to get screwed. I'm far too picky when it comes to used games.[/QUOTE]

"If you got a new valkyrie profile a year ago, and opened, you sir are an idiot."

"I never said I opened it"

Ya, big pwning.

I never order used from Gamestop. There is no reason that they should ever sell current generation games used if they aren't complete.

I would advise no one to shop at Gamestop.com. I have placed many orders w/ them and have only once received a game with as much as it's original case(and no instructions + shitty disc even in that case). Anyone who cares about the condition of their used games would be much better off shopping w/ EB online. Gamestop.com just plain sucks. The only good thing I have to say about them is that they've not given me too many problems with all the games I have returned.

[quote name='onikage']I would advise no one to shop at Gamestop.com. I have placed many orders w/ them and have only once received a game with as much as it's original case(and no instructions + shitty disc even in that case). Anyone who cares about the condition of their used games would be much better off shopping w/ EB online. Gamestop.com just plain sucks. The only good thing I have to say about them is that they've not given me too many problems with all the games I have returned.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about the returns. Three orders, three times no case, no instructions, scratched disks (or cracked cartridges), three returns. No problem! And yesterday I got a pre-paid label from FedEx for my returns, so it will cost me nothing to send back. And someone else made a good point that there is NO reason that the current generation of games should not come with orignal case or instructions. None! Isn't it a policy that no exchange can be made without original packaging and instructions? Then something like this shouldn't happen.

And just so you know that I am not flaming on Gamestop.com, I do buy new games from them from time to time, usually when the have free overnight shipping or some collectors edition and I never have a problem. I don't pay sales tax from Gamestop in PA.

Screw Gamestop & there incompleteness...
on my last order... when my package arrive I was missing a game from the packaging...
then when I call customer service... I got this lousy rep, and he kept sayin he couldn't hear me, but I could hear him just, fine... I swear he was mexican... couldn't speak english worth shit... whatever reason the focker hung up on me... call later that day... I got lady on the phone... she heard me just fine.... so then she transfer me the complaint office... I got the same stupid mexican... and the same old shit... focker said he couldn't hear me...

I hung up this time! called agian & got the nice lady rep on the phone... I told her don't transfer me.... and the whole story...asked if she can help... she went to talk to her manager came back & said my game will be resent... she also mention that guy was fukken lazy...

i'll never buy from gamestop.com again. a while back i ordered a used n-gage from them and when it arrived it had obviously been opened and had been swapped with a dummy phone.

[quote name='Number83']:bomb: I just received my purchase from Gamestop.com when they had the Buy 1 Get 1 free offer. So I ordered the Legend Of Zelda Collectors Edition and Dark Cloud 2. When i got them today they were in deplorable condition! Surface scratches, boxes that looked like they were chewed by furry wodland creatures and NO INSTRUCTIONS. Now I know about the No grarantee, but I am deftly afraid to even put these games in my systems because they will break them. Looking back at my records I realized that this is the 3rd time I've returned items ordered from Gamestop.com. So my question is...has anyone ever gotten pre-owned games from Gamestop.com that were in decent condition and had instructions. I hope that they don't turn EBGames.com into Gamestop.com. I never returned anything from there and even Dreamcast games.

I think the should post a guarantee that it will be disgusting and not include instructions. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Just an update, if anyone cares. I shipped them back on August 4. Delivery confirmation on August 9. Two emails that a refund was issued August 19 and a third email that I have not gotten a response to. I still have not received a refund to my credit card. My last plan of attack is the Household Bank, the BBB and finally the Pennsylvania State Attorney General. They fuck -ed with the wrong gamer!

[quote name='Number83']Just an update, if anyone cares. I shipped them back on August 4. Delivery confirmation on August 9. Two emails that a refund was issued August 19 and a third email that I have not gotten a response to. I still have not received a refund to my credit card. My last plan of attack is the Household Bank, the BBB and finally the Pennsylvania State Attorney General. They fuck -ed with the wrong gamer![/QUOTE]

If it is any consolation, I had dificulty with Gamestop.com recently too. I ordered Atlier Iris in July and the website said "with Bonus!", which was a bonus soundtrack. Never got it. Sent them an e-mail, they said they'd send it. Two months later, still no sountrack...

And guess what, the bastards still advertise the game as coming with the bonus...

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&product_id=b281203a&affid=99999&sourceid=qIZ6QynIYE2AAmk9yexj&siteid=0040451529

I hope they keep EB a separate brand since GS bought them out.

Funny thing is that I prefer Gamestop B&M over EB but it is vice-versa online.

My most recent purchase was Stella Deus. Came complete in a funky messed up case, the instructions looked like someone nutted on them and all the pages were stuck together and the disc was obviously resurfaced.

I contacted customer service for a return RMA# and explained the problem. He asked me if the game worked and I basically told him that I would not place a resurfaced disc in my PS2. I had to pay to return it but I got another copy in about a week in perfect shape complete.

Previously I ordered Sonic Battle 2 and War of the Monsters and I said never again after that, but I gave it another shot. Sonic looked like someone placed the game case in the microwave and the disc was beat up. War of the Monsters did not have instructions.

The only reason I order Stella was because of a 25%off coupon that dropped the price with shipping to less than $35.

I have really had no success ordering used games from the site and would recommend against it unless there is a can't miss deal.

bread's done
Back