HDMI vs. component

Seik

CAG Veteran
If I have an LCD TV that supports 1080p, will the HDMI-enabled X-box 360 really demonstrate a noticeable difference over component video? What if the TV only supports 1080i? Thanks!

[quote name='Seik']If I have an LCD TV that supports 1080p, will the HDMI-enabled X-box 360 really demonstrate a noticeable difference over component video? What if the TV only supports 1080i? Thanks![/QUOTE]

yes, HDMI makes it 4D. True Story

[quote name='Seik']If I have an LCD TV that supports 1080p, will the HDMI-enabled X-box 360 really demonstrate a noticeable difference over component video? What if the TV only supports 1080i? Thanks![/QUOTE]

You'll be fine.

If the HDMI-enabled 360 actually comes out.

i think its been proven that there is not a huge diff between hdmi and component.

Mostly its main advantage is enough bandwidth for audio and video on one cable

[quote name='guyver2077']i think its been proven that there is not a huge diff between hdmi and component.

Mostly its main advantage is enough bandwidth for audio and video on one cable[/QUOTE]

Correct. HDMI does make a difference, but is it like the difference between composite and S-video? Definitely not. If you can hook something up with HDMI rather than component, do it, just because it's nice having 1 wire take care of everything and because there is a little bit of difference in the video quality.

[quote name='Chacrana']Correct. HDMI does make a difference, but is it like the difference between composite and S-video? Definitely not. If you can hook something up with HDMI rather than component, do it, just because it's nice having 1 wire take care of everything and because there is a little bit of difference in the video quality.[/quote]

Then again, who uses the speakers built into their LCDTV anyway?

[quote name='lanleague']Then again, who uses the speakers built into their LCDTV anyway?[/quote]

yup and my receiver doesnt have hdmi inputs... so i have to use optical cable for audio regardless...

Yeah, and most HDMI receivers will save video only as the pass through, so iyou'll have to invest in a decent one...which are starting to drop in price (HDMI 1.3 is what you want apparently)

I've never seen a big difference between HDMI and Component. I say go with whatever you want, or whatever fits into your setup the best.

Go for what gives you the most immediate fulfillment for an affordable price. Unless you are equipped with excessive disposable income, the cost probably matters or you wouldn't be hanging around this place, would you?

Given time, the more expensive choice will drop to a price that will make any of today's chocie seem ridiculously pricey. Go for 'good enough' and let 'better' wait until it cost less than the current 'good enough' and 'better' combined.

Alrighty, thanks a lot. Given the recent flow of information, I'll probably just go ahead and hunt down a 360 in the near future. :D

bread's done
Back