I need a new TV

surfmonkeyftj

CAG Veteran
I have a 360, and don't have an HD TV . There's times it's been a real problem (Dead Rising, Most RPGs), but a lot of the time I could get by okay. Until recently. Now it seems like no matter what I play, I hit a point where I can't go any further because I can't read the objectives, can't find the enemies to hit, or something else of the sort. Now when it comes to money, I don't have much. Most of my games are done with trade-ins, and even then not very often. But I need to start looking at a new TV, I guess. My wife can cash in unused Paid Time Off from her work, since she hasn't taken a vacation this year (2-year-old son and the previously mentioned thing -- I only work part-time so I can stay with the little one, and hence no paid vacation for me, so we actually lose money to go). Anyways, I think she'd get about $400, maybe $450 from the PTO cash-in, and I have a birthday at the end of the month, so I can expect a bit more from relatives, but that's about all I'm working with. So, my (long-winded) question is: where's the best place to look, what's the best I can get with that, etc? And just for good measure what are some good games that I can actually play through in the meantime?

you can find plenty of solid 26" tvs for under 300. Wombat mentioned on a recent podcast he got the Best Buy brand one (Insignia) and really liked it and it was under 300

Your question is very vague...Are you looking for a quality set on the cheap, or just a cheap set in general? How big?

On the cheap, you can grab a sweet 42" Panasonic Plasma for around $600.

If you want a cheap set, look at some Proscan's, Toshiba's and Vizio's.

You can find a very nice 32" LCD for around 400. That's a pretty good size for gaming if your not at a huge distance from it. I used a 32" Magnavox for about 2 1/2 years and it was great.

you can easily get a 32 inch LCD 720 P Samsung on craigslist fairly regularly for 350-400. But like above posted said, the panasonic Viera plasmas are very good. 620 shipped off newegg rite now and well worth the cash. i have the 1080p 46 myself which I bought last week off CL for 640, i would still pay 620 for the 42 inch 720.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back