Killzone 2 w/$10 Gift Card & $5 off a PSP game w/Resistance Retribution at TRU B&M

gamerchic

CAG Veteran
Hi posted in another thread but I don't think anyone noticed so I figured it's just better to create a new one....

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum but I have a connection at Toys R Us and I know of a couple of deals coming soon, thought I would share.

:ps3: Free $10 Gift Card when you buy Killzone 2 (2/28 to 3/7/08)
:psp: $5 off any PSP game when you buy Resistance Retribution (2/24 to 2/28/08)
:wii: Buy Wii Dead Rising Chop Till You Drop and Get Wii Umbrella Chronicles for $9.99 (2/15 - 2/21)

I'll post some more soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crazylikeafox11']Did dead rising come out this Tuesday? I have it in my head (and on my phone's calendar) that it's being released Tuesday Feb 24.[/quote]

According to amazon, Dead Rising streets on 2/24.

I just might have to pull the trigger on the Killzone deal if this is all true. I would be interested in Dead Rising/RE:UC as well, since I'm getting a wii and was looking to get RE:UC. But.....I already have Dead Rising for the 360. I don't know if I would want it for the wii as well.

Si if anyone is looking to get Dead Rising at Toys R Us and have no interest in RE:UC or already have it, shoot me a PM. I gladly take RE:UC for $10, I just don't know if I need to get Dead Rising again.

[quote name='Indyjones']According to amazon, Dead Rising streets on 2/24.

I just might have to pull the trigger on the Killzone deal if this is all true. I would be interested in Dead Rising/RE:UC as well, since I'm getting a wii and was looking to get RE:UC. But.....I already have Dead Rising for the 360. I don't know if I would want it for the wii as well.

Si if anyone is looking to get Dead Rising at Toys R Us and have no interest in RE:UC or already have it, shoot me a PM. I gladly take RE:UC for $10, I just don't know if I need to get Dead Rising again.[/quote]

Yeah, Toys R Us online shows it as 2/24 also. That deal would also expire this Saturday, so I guess I'll need to go confirm it tomorrow. I've heard some pretty awful things about Dead Rising: CTYD though. I wonder what would happen if I forgot to open Dead Rising and just returned it, but seem to have kept RE:UC. (If I can't talk about that stuff here, I'll edit it out)

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']Did dead rising come out this Tuesday? I have it in my head (and on my phone's calendar) that it's being released Tuesday Feb 24.[/quote]

You're right it comes out 2/24/09 they will have the same deal 2/24 -2/28

[quote name='Nirron']Yeah, Toys R Us online shows it as 2/24 also. That deal would also expire this Saturday, so I guess I'll need to go confirm it tomorrow. I've heard some pretty awful things about Dead Rising: CTYD though. I wonder what would happen if I forgot to open Dead Rising and just returned it, but seem to have kept RE:UC. (If I can't talk about that stuff here, I'll edit it out)[/QUOTE]

I'm just guessing, but I'd imagine they'd charge your $9.99.

If all else fails you could probably flip Dead Rising on eBay for close to cost.

Saw it on TRU.com - In-store only

with amazon's order, you'll get the Home costume code. The price is lower from TRU when you factoring in the $10 gift card and taxes. Not to mention instant gratifications too.

[quote name='Serpentor']with amazon's order, you'll get the Home costume code. The price is lower from TRU when you factoring in the $10 gift card and taxes. Not to mention instant gratifications too.[/QUOTE]

It depends on how much you paid for it at amazon.com. I paid about $52. This deal would have netted me out of pocket $63-64 (and stuck with a $10 gift card). Amazon.com gives me a free Home code as well, but I don't use home....

Instant gratification though, is another thing. Maybe buy and return the copy from amazon.com?

[quote name='leesiulung']Instant gratification though, is another thing. Maybe buy and return the copy from amazon.com?[/quote]
But you may still be stuck with the giftcard...unless you return the giftcard and the game together but I'm not sure how easy it is to return a giftcard.

I think I'll stick to my Amazon preorder. It's only $2 more but I'll have a Home costume code and don't have to buy the giftcard.

Is it cheaper to buy Killzone 2 pre-order from Amazon as opposed to buying it from a regular store when it comes out? Do you think stores will sell out like ASAP or what?

[quote name='limache']Is the killzone 2 deal only in stores?[/quote]

Probably.. TRU's online prices and in-store prices are different prices from what I heard.. The stores don't even pricematch their own site. Maybe it'll be online too, but you're going to have to pay for shipping also..

[quote name='gamerchic']You're right it comes out 2/24/09 they will have the same deal 2/24 -2/28[/quote]

I see that the dead rising deal is crossed out. Did you ever confirm this deal for this week? The only ad I can see on TRU's website is for "differently-abled kids".

[quote name='speedrunner17']Don't tell me the Dead Rising deal is dead. I was hoping to get Umbrella Chronicles for $10.[/quote]

I meant to go check today, but didn't have time. I'll try to confirm it tomorrow. (Not the TC btw, just someone interested in RE:UC at $10)

I may take advantage of this. I have $20 in Gift Cards and a $10 off $50 I received in the mail last week. That would bring it down to $29.99 and I would get a $10 Gift Card back.

In Illinois, in the mail i got a 20% of one item for 2/27 to 3/22/09 so it could stack with KZ2, making it 48 before tax and a $10 giftcard with that, not too bad.

Coming out on 2/27?! I thought it's coming out today because I just saw it in the case with a $59.99 price tag at Target.

[quote name='Nirron']I meant to go check today, but didn't have time. I'll try to confirm it tomorrow. (Not the TC btw, just someone interested in RE:UC at $10)[/quote]

That would be awesome if you could. I meant to drop by after work yesterday, but had company coming over and couldn't. Was probably going to drop by today after work instead just in case you don't get over there.

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']That would be awesome if you could. I meant to drop by after work yesterday, but had company coming over and couldn't. Was probably going to drop by today after work instead just in case you don't get over there.[/quote]

Just got back from TRU and can confirm at my local store that the deal is active (Durham, NC). I asked the guy about it and he knew exactly what I was talking about, so go out there all you guys interested in grabbing RE:Umbrella Chronicles for $10.

I will say though that it's humorous that RE:UC actually costs MORE than Dead Rising initially. They still sell RE for $50, so it's pretty much "Buy RE:UC, get Dead Rising: CTYD free"

[quote name='Blackout']You can use that gift card on the Killzone purchase right?[/quote]

of course not... otherwise it would be $10 off promo. The $10 GC activates in 24 hours or something like that after you buy KZ2.

Actually, if you really want to apply the $10 GC on KZ2, you can do this...

1. Buy KZ2 and get the $10 GC
2. Buy KZ2 again and apply the $10 GC from #1
3. Return KZ2 bought from #1 along with the $10 GC from #2.

[quote name='Nirron']Just got back from TRU and can confirm at my local store that the deal is active (Durham, NC). I asked the guy about it and he knew exactly what I was talking about, so go out there all you guys interested in grabbing RE:Umbrella Chronicles for $10.

I will say though that it's humorous that RE:UC actually costs MORE than Dead Rising initially. They still sell RE for $50, so it's pretty much "Buy RE:UC, get Dead Rising: CTYD free"[/quote]

Thanks. I called my TRU over lunch and the guy had no idea what the game was and said they didn't have it. Most of the employees at my local TRU are special and have no idea what's going on with anything (I've had to help fellow shoppers with deals b/c the employees had no idea if the deals were across platforms). I figure I'd stop by to see for myself anywho.

I don't see anything about this on the website anymore. Since it says 2/28 does that mean I shouldn't even waste my time going to TRU tomorrow?

No, this promo is very much active. I can tell you I work at Toys R Us and only I knew of the promo. I told a friend to ring up Dead Rising, when it does it will say Wii Promo underneath on the computer. Then have them ring up Umbrella and sure enough when totaled out Umbrella will change to 9.99.

Our store got a large shipment of Umbrella out of the blue, that was definitely the heads up earlier last week this promo was going to be a go.

[quote name='Despacio']No, this promo is very much active. I can tell you I work at Toys R Us and only I knew of the promo. I told a friend to ring up Dead Rising, when it does it will say Wii Promo underneath on the computer. Then have them ring up Umbrella and sure enough when totaled out Umbrella will change to 9.99.

Our store got a large shipment of Umbrella out of the blue, that was definitely the heads up earlier last week this promo was going to be a go.[/quote]

I just got back from TRU, and the employee had no idea of this sale. No signage or anything. He was willing to ring it up to check, and sure enough it worked. He was quite surprised. Any chance this is one of the "Rewards R Us" exclusive deals that never seem to otehrwise exist?

[quote name='Serpentor']of course not... otherwise it would be $10 off promo. The $10 GC activates in 24 hours or something like that after you buy KZ2.

3. Return KZ2 bought from #1 along with the $10 GC from #2.[/quote]

Hmmmm....sounds like a plan. But it all depends on how close you are to a TRU, if your distance is < 5 miles one way its a deal. Greater than that :drool:

So the Killzone deal starts tomorrow? I know it says the 28th just wanted to make sure that is correct and it doesn't start on a Sunday.

I bought Killzone2 today (2/27) at Toys R' Us and I didn't get the gift card. I asked them but they had no clue on such a deal. Since it says 2/28, i might go back tomorrow and return the game and check if I get the $10 gift card. I'm tempted to open it right now, hope the $10 is worth it lol.

If I buy today (plan on playing the hell out of it right now), can I go back while the promotion is going to get the gift card? Or does TRU not operate like that?

[quote name='sonix']I bought Killzone2 today (2/27) at Toys R' Us and I didn't get the gift card. I asked them but they had no clue on such a deal. Since it says 2/28, i might go back tomorrow and return the game and check if I get the $10 gift card. I'm tempted to open it right now, hope the $10 is worth it lol.[/QUOTE]

I'd say don't bother cause it's not worth the time and gas over $10.. open the game and enjoy it!

[quote name='maxgle']I'd say don't bother cause it's not worth the time and gas over $10.. open the game and enjoy it![/quote]

thats true. I might just open it.

The start date was listed by the OOP on the first post

[quote name='Serpentor']of course not... otherwise it would be $10 off promo. The $10 GC activates in 24 hours or something like that after you buy KZ2.

3. Return KZ2 bought from #1 along with the $10 GC from #2.[/QUOTE]

This won't work- the TRU return system will take $10 off your refund amount because of that gift card. Basically, once issued, they can't take it back and you're stuck with the thing. Of course, you could try to get them to cash out the gift card, but the chances of that happening and a manager allowing such a thing is pretty much zero.

[quote name='maxgle']I'd say don't bother cause it's not worth the time and gas over $10.. open the game and enjoy it![/QUOTE]

This is anti-CAG

[quote name='ShinAkuma']This won't work- the TRU return system will take $10 off your refund amount because of that gift card. Basically, once issued, they can't take it back and you're stuck with the thing. Of course, you could try to get them to cash out the gift card, but the chances of that happening and a manager allowing such a thing is pretty much zero.[/quote]

I doubt it... it should work, b/c you're returning the $10 gc and the game (i.e. everything on the receipt). The only variable is that the $10 gc is not the same $10 gc from the previous purchase.

Look, if you're not satisfied with the purchase, you can return the whole damn thing (this has to be allowed)... Of course, if you're getting an "inferior" GC, i.e. one that has some limitations like $10 GC, but only if you buy $30+ or something like that, then yeah, the buy/buy/return trick might not work. In such cases, the $10 GC most likely have different codes. Anyhow, there's no harm to try, all you want to do is apply the $10 GC on this deal so you're not stuck with a $10 GC for future purchases. The extra work is not worth it in my opinion.

Bottom line is, there's no restriction on the $10 GC is there? So, basically you can use it to buy another set of $10 GC and KZ2...

For those not reading in between the lines, no, we're not talking about ditching the game and keep the $10 GC, rinse and repeat. No, that would be stealing.

bread's done
Back