Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
1+2 was OK, but if you did it twice. Which unless your using bots or have a friend helping seems impossible to get more than one order in considering how fast these sold.
Given the quantity the worst flippers usually have (the worst anyone points to is 300z dude with 2x the limits) you could manage that in a separate browser with separate accounts and addresses logged in at the same time.

It takes me literally 6 seconds or so after the first button goes live to add, tab, F5, add, tab, F5, add, tab, check out, complete order.

Even if something sold out in 30 seconds that's enough time to go to another browser and do it again.

I watched the second batch today just for giggles and I watched it go live and stay at 100% for a good 15-20 seconds before it start to move. Y'all are slow ;)

Nobody gives a shit about people who ordered 10+ after the game was up 24 hours and had limits lifted.

Last edited by a moderator:
The demand was there. Probably underestimated it like they did with Shantae.
Honestly I expected it to be crazy today but wasn't sure... I mean for anyone that wants a copy they can get it from Play-Asia. CE makes sense that it went like crazy. Look how much the price went down on Soldner after the Asia physical release.

I think next week with Night Trap will be worse, as far as I know there isn't anyone else even talking about publishing it at this time.  Mix that with gaming news sites like Kotaku and Destructoid publishing articles on it, it's going to be hell.

Also, shameless plug:

Limited Run Games may have some of these titles with them when they come to MO Game Con next weekend :D

Y's is going to be a literal nightmare.
One game I'm ok with, no fears. But they are supposedly releasing along side another JRPG on the same day.

Which will no doubt have a CE also along with cover variants as well....because... well.. LRG.

So 1 CE + 1 SE with two games that's 4 add to cart operations when a game like Y's is up for grabs and god knows whatever super secret hot JRPG they haven't told yet.

This is the kind of shit that needs to stop. No two games like a Wonder Boy or Y's should go up together, EVER.

One game I'm ok with, no fears. But they are supposedly releasing along side another JRPG on the same day.

Which will no doubt have a CE also along with cover variants as well....because... well.. LRG.

So 1 CE + 1 SE with two games that's 4 add to cart operations when a game like Y's is up for grabs and god knows whatever super secret hot JRPG they haven't told yet.

This is the kind of shit that needs to stop. No two games like a Wonder Boy or Y's should go up together, EVER.
I'm super stoked for 2 FMV games next week... That probably shows my age.

Ys Origin was one of the ones I was looking forward to, but they waited too long to put it out, so I just grabbed it from PSN now that it's $12. As much as I prefer physical releases, $12 vs a $35 copy that I may not even manage to purchase due to the way LRG operates their site and I just figured that one in the hand is worth two in the bush.  It's too bad, 'cause I really did want it.  :(

WOW, I could have sworn that the LawBreakers CE was showing 69% earlier after the PM round started, and now it shows at 78%. Maybe I just saw it wrong, or maybe they pulled WB CE from those bundles, and then added the LB back to the single CE count?

Well, hopefully if the reviews are good enough, it will bring buyers in to buy the remaining stock, otherwise I think these may be here awhile. So should we expect some LawBreakers/Night Trap bundles next week then? LOL

[attachment=27490:zip.jpg]

Why would his eBay account get banned?
Closing in on "Chris" aka chrisz300zx.

He ships out of the 90012 area code in Los Angeles, CA.

In tracking him down, I would start with asian sounding names, due to the proximity of China town, and that he sells Honda parts.

LRG needs to ban him, he flipped 3 Wonder Boy CE for 600 dollars !!!! and at least 5 Wonder Boy regular editions. I can't imagine going through shipments to 90012 would be too complicated.

In any case, the noose it tightening around "Chris". I will find him, but it's going to take me longer then LRG since I don't have their info.

attachicon.gif
zip.jpg

In tracking him down, I would start with asian sounding names, due to the proximity of China town, and that he sells Honda parts.

LRG needs to ban him, he flipped 3 Wonder Boy CE for 600 dollars !!!! and at least 5 Wonder Boy regular editions. I can't imagine going through shipments to 90012 would be too complicated.

In any case, the noose it tightening around "Chris". I will find him, but it's going to take me longer then LRG since I don't have their info.
Why did you quote me, weirdo?

Why would his eBay account get banned?
Honestly, where Ebay is concerned, any and everything is possible. If one of the wonderful "rat squad" we have here reports his listings as preorders, or just contacts Ebay through their "report a buyer" links, who knows what they may do. Of course, we have had many here make those claims in the past, and he seems to still be doing what he always does, so hopefully he's dealt with "these types" in the past, and won't have any issues continuing to sell his stuff.

WOW, I could have sworn that the LawBreakers CE was showing 69% earlier after the PM round started, and now it shows at 78%. Maybe I just saw it wrong, or maybe they pulled WB CE from those bundles, and then added the LB back to the single CE count?

Well, hopefully if the reviews are good enough, it will bring buyers in to buy the remaining stock, otherwise I think these may be here awhile. So should we expect some LawBreakers/Night Trap bundles next week then? LOL
At 6:30 EST, it was 85% for the CE and 36% for the standard. I only remember because I kept thinking how odd it was the standard is so much lower than the CE.

Ys Origin was one of the ones I was looking forward to, but they waited too long to put it out, so I just grabbed it from PSN now that it's $12. As much as I prefer physical releases, $12 vs a $35 copy that I may not even manage to purchase due to the way LRG operates their site and I just figured that one in the hand is worth two in the bush. It's too bad, 'cause I really did want it. :(
I own it on steam and plan on buying the LRG release. If someone like me that almost never buys LRG releases will buy it (only release I've bought so far is The Silver Case), even after owning it on a different platform, you know it's going to be insane trying to order a copy.

attachicon.gif
zip.jpg

oh look we've got inspector gadget on the case

I'm super stoked for 2 FMV games next week... That probably shows my age.
Me too. Just finished Late Shift. Wasnt bad, and would probably recommend to FMV fans. Its more Choose Your Own Adenvture-ish, and was cheap during a PSN sale. Finished it feeling nostalgic for old Sega CD games.

Me too. Just finished Late Shift. Wasnt bad, and would probably recommend to FMV fans. Its more Choose Your Own Adenvture-ish, and was cheap during a PSN sale. Finished it feeling nostalgic for old Sega CD games.
Check out The Ripper starring Christopher Walken. FMV game starring Christopher Walken should be enough said for ANYONE to play it.

Got my vanilla copies of both games with morning via CC and was checked out before 10:02. Not sure I want to risk trying to get a Night Trap CE next week, possibly have it sell out during checkout and then try to rush and add a regular one to my cart. :whistle2:k

Oh, sorry. Something something Chris yada yada... :)

Best way to get rid crap that no one wants. Bundle it with something that people do want.

Edit: added missing word

attachicon.gif
zip.jpg

WTF? Asian sounding names lmao.

You know how many Asian people I've met named David or Jimmy ? LMAO. Get out of here.

"Chris" sounds like an "Asian name".

I own it on steam and plan on buying the LRG release. If someone like me that almost never buys LRG releases will buy it (only release I've bought so far is The Silver Case), even after owning it on a different platform, you know it's going to be insane trying to order a copy.
Oh, I have it on Steam as well, but if I can play a game on my PS4 instead, I'll go that route. I was interested in getting the LRG release just to have it as a physical game. I'm not at all interested in buying LRG games to let them sit around in the shrinkwrap or resell them for profit; I just prefer owning a physical game rather than licensing a digital one. But I could have waited and passed on the PSN version and then get screwed trying to buy the LRG version like this morning with Wonderboy, in which case I'd end up with no copy of it when I could have at least gotten the digital copy for $12.

Oh, I have it on Steam as well, but if I can play a game on my PS4 instead, I'll go that route. I was interested in getting the LRG release just to have it as a physical game. I'm not at all interested in buying LRG games to let them sit around in the shrinkwrap or resell them for profit; I just prefer owning a physical game rather than licensing a digital one. But I could have waited and passed on the PSN version and then get screwed trying to buy the LRG version like this morning with Wonderboy, in which case I'd end up with no copy of it when I could have at least gotten the digital copy for $12.
Playasia will have the physical Asian multi-language version of Ys Origin available end of August, similar to how they currently have the physical Asian multi-language version of Wonder Boy in stock. I feel this is a good situation for people like me (and presumably you, based on your stance), as the die hard complete set collectors can duke it out for the LRG US version while more casual collectors that just prefer physical discs have a nice readily available safety option in the Asian version.

Check out The Ripper starring Christopher Walken. FMV game starring Christopher Walken should be enough said for ANYONE to play it.
It's just called Ripper, actually, and Walken isn't in it that much. It DOES feature Paul Giamatti as a coroner! When I played it a few years ago, that wasn't on his IMDB (I think he isn't actually credited in the game) so I had to rectify that. Burgess Meredith is in it too.

Also it's really bad (especially because it has randomized elements, including who the killer turns out to be), but there is a lot of novelty to it. I love FMV garbage.

attachicon.gif
zip.jpg

it's me, I'm "Chris" but you'll never catch me, copper! 23 Skiddoo!

attachicon.gif
zip.jpg

And when you find him, you're going to do what? Geeze, this is just getting creepy. Why do I get the feeling I'm going to be seeing you on the news in the near future?

There is no way LRG cares as much as you do, so be prepared for a big fat nothing to happen when you finally crack the case. He sure isn't the only one flipping on Ebay. I'm sure they'd be interested to know how he has had games before LRG even ships any, but there is no way they can police people using multiple addresses/payment methods.

LRG Twitter is saying another 100-200 copies of WB will be available... standard and CE, no breakdown of how many each but they did say no more bundles at least. Can't imagine this is gonna be pretty regardless- Shopify servers are gonna cry. Like literally cry. 

The servers will then learn emotions... and then form consciousness. And then it will be the end of humanity. 

All because people wanted Wonder Boy. 

This isn't the first time I wasn't able to get an Limited Run game I wanted, but it is the first time I feel ripped off that I couldn't get it.

I mean, bundling it with a game that NO ONE wants, and pretending it was actually to HELP us!

You guys wanted to do a bundle people wanted?  1 regular and 1 Collectors Edition bundle.  THAT was what we wanted.

I'm interested in what Doom has to say when he gets in here.

LRG Twitter is saying another 100-200 copies of WB will be available... standard and CE, no breakdown of how many each but they did say no more bundles at least. Can't imagine this is gonna be pretty regardless- Shopify servers are gonna cry. Like literally cry.

The servers will then learn emotions... and then form consciousness. And then it will be the end of humanity.

I have some Nexus 5k/9k and UCS M5s they can buy if they need help!

Josh or Doug if you're reading this, the cool thing to do would be to say that you're putting the restocks up at a completely random time this week(end). That way the diehards that want one can F5 the page for a couple days and possibly score. Otherwise they will sell out in a fraction of a minute again, if you announce a time. You could even put them up in tiny batches a few times.

Maybe "Chris" has a family business where other family members buy copies for him and give them to him to sell. Maybe it's a side business to make some extra cash for him and his family and they all chip in items to list on the account, and all of these copies are bought under the right LRG guidelines. And maybe not, but no one knows.

Seriously, get a fucking life and leave the damn guy alone. These are video games, people act like he's selling rare cures for cancer at a markup or something.

And people want to say collecting is a hobby and not an illness. For some it is, but it's apparent whose collecting bleeds into "illness" territory. This behavior is not normal. Seek a psychiatrist immediately.

Maybe "Chris" has a family business where other family members buy copies for him and give them to him to sell. Maybe it's a side business to make some extra cash for him and his family and they all chip in items to list on the account, and all of these copies are bought under the right LRG guidelines.
Don't ask the LRG guys about this because they won't respond, although some of them have flipped/scalped for years themselves...

Dammit Skynet

bread's done
Back