My grandmother brought over some books for ebay...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

CAGiversary!
Feedback
724 (100%)
...And at the bottom of the box was a really old comic. With Superman on the front. The cover is sort of torn, so I can't tell which one it is, but the ad on the back says 1938. It's old and yellowed enough, certainly.

It's probably really rare, right? I don't know anything about comics.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Is the cover him lifting a car? And it should be called Action Comics.[/QUOTE]
Yeah... I have the reprinted #1 (circa 1990 :p), first thing I thought of when he mentioned Superman.

Yeah, he's lifting a green car, and there's a few people in it. I guess it says Action Comics, half of the top part is missing.

So it's really worth a lot? *pops a boner*

[quote name='Blade']Yeah, he's lifting a green car, and there's a few people in it. I guess it says Action Comics, half of the top part is missing.

So it's really worth a lot? *pops a boner*[/QUOTE]

I'll offer cover price plus shipping!

but seriously, that is Action #1, its probably worth around $20,000-$30,000 in that condition

[quote name='Kayden']I can almost hear someone getting a boner reading this...[/QUOTE]

That's the funniest ass thing I've read anywhere in months.:D

[quote name='varsitygamer']pics! or i call joke topic.[/QUOTE]

haha, either hes pulling our leg or hes a lucky dude

Oh YEA? Well my grandmother brought me some books and there was a solid gold LEG in the bottom of the box. I ruthlessly bludgeoned her with it and will use the body as a sled for escape. I will be screaming TALLY HO while doing so.

Seriously, congrats if the thing is legitimate, and good luck getting some cash for it. Just think, if you got 20K for it, you could *almost* buy the super mega awesome alpha omega Xbox bundle at Gamestop.

[quote name='The VGM']What's the difference?[/QUOTE]

there is no difference hehe. i just wanted to post a pic of what the original looked like, and another picture of an "aged" version. :)

Keep in mind that it may be the 1990 reprint - I've seen a bunch of those around.
Not sure how to immediately tell the difference, though.

within the first page of the comic there should be a copyright at the bottom. I don't know if really old comics have them, but it is an idea. If the first several pages are not readable, then you could always take it to a dealer. If this is the real deal then i would get some sort of acid free bag to keep it in, just in case the thing is worth a pretty penny.

Use it to light a cigarette a la Krusty the Clown. His might have been Amazing Spiderman, come to think of it, but same difference, really.

[quote name='Rig']I doubt we'll see pics...[/QUOTE]

Exactly, he'll just let this thread slowly drift down the boards until we all forget.

[quote name='Stoneage']Use it to light a cigarette a la Krusty the Clown. His might have been Amazing Spiderman, come to think of it, but same difference, really.[/QUOTE]
I think Krusty's was Superman #1 and Spiderman #1 was the one Homer ate when he was the prank monkey.

Also, I call BS on the OP.

well, it was his grandmother who brought them over, so that might narrow it down to the 1938 one depending on how old they are

Why do people brag about something but will usually never post a pic to back it up? O yea thats right, their fucking lieing! I hate people who do that. :)

He hasn't even been back on the site since a 5 PM yesterday, so give him a break people. Maybe he'll get around to posting a pick later, but as of right now, I don't have any reason to think he is lying.

There was a copy of this at the Smithsonian (sp?) went our class went to DC in high school. It was like geek nirvana. We all just stood around looking at it drooling.

I still have my circa 90 reprint in NM condition if you want to swap, just so you have a copy in better condition. ;)

Almost the same thing happened to me once! I bought some earrings off Ebay and the guy sent me the package but he'd accidently packed his dog in the bubble mailer. Damn thing bit when I opened the box.

i know for a fact this is a reprint especially bought off ebay.

there are already multiple reprints of action comics 1. it could even look super old but end up be the 1980's reprints.

easiest way to tell if it's a reprint or not is look inside the 1st page on the bottom it will say. this guy hasn't posted pics or said anything so i'm sure he already found out it's a dud. very few copies of action comics 1 has survived and a long ass time ago i had the figures but not anymore :(
----------------

[quote name='dcfox']I think Krusty's was Superman #1 and Spiderman #1 was the one Homer ate when he was the prank monkey.

Also, I call BS on the OP.[/QUOTE]

i know krusty has burned multiple comics but i know i saw action comics 1 getting burned by him. that was definitely too good.

[quote name='$hady']Almost the same thing happened to me once! I bought some earrings off Ebay and the guy sent me the package but he'd accidently packed his dog in the bubble mailer. Damn thing bit when I opened the box.[/QUOTE]
WTF??? are you serious?

[quote name='pop311']WTF??? are you serious?[/QUOTE]

Yes he is serious, you don't joke around with things like this...........:lol:

Eh I really doubt that this is real but if it is congrats. Comics from that era are extremly rare to find since they were encouraging people to recycle paper for the war effort. This is why they are so hard to find let alone in good condition.

It's not a dud, and I don't think it's a reprint.

But you guys pissed me off when you started calling me a fucking liar five minutes after I posted the topic.

Assholes, for THAT you get no pictures. Dwell in curiosity.

Thanks for the links to the guides. It is real and from 1938, I haven't put it on ebay yet because I want to get it graded.

[quote name='Blade']It's not a dud, and I don't think it's a reprint.

But you guys pissed me off when you started calling me a fucking liar five minutes after I posted the topic.

Assholes, for THAT you get no pictures. Dwell in curiosity.

Thanks for the links to the guides. It is real and from 1938, I haven't put it on ebay yet because I want to get it graded.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't take it personal so much BS flies around on the web that people cynically doubt before they trust

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back