Need for Speed: Underground (PS2) - $19.99

Great find, the game still retails for 40-50 dollars, though it shouldn't be, maybe KB listing it is a sign of NFS:U going GH soon, as the sequel is coming out later this year.

Hey, that's a pretty sweet deal. I've been waiting for a while for the price to go down on that game. It's hands down my favorite racing game of all time. Thanks for the heads up!

BTW, I had the GC version, and was supprised that they didn't get the graphic effects (in the drag levels) rampped up as good as the PS2 version. (Which it was designed for.) Also, the colors were a bit too bright in the GC version. (I had them both.) However, the GC ran the split screen two player smoother than the PS2. (I might gripe here that Underground doesn't let you play with ANY CPU cars in two player split screen. Because of that, I ended up ditching the whole game. Love my NFS: HP2.)

If you're going to get a console version, I'd suggest the PS2 one.

Welcome! Great deal that you found. I've been waiting for the price to drop. Maybe its actually time to pick up Underground...

I got the PC version at Circuit City for 73 cents using the coupon in this slickdeals topic: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36435&page=1&pp=15 (The PDF file in the first post). Probably shouldn't have paid tax, and then gotten it for a penny, but I didn't feel like arguing.

*1st post. Been lurking to save money and get a feel for the site. Guess I'll start posting a bit now.

[quote name='emperordahc']
If you're going to get a console version, I'd suggest the PS2 one.[/quote]
Actually, I would suggest the Xbox version, it runs the smoothest of the three (and the best looking). Go for the PS2 one if you are diehard about online play, although NFS2 will be on XBox Live.

I got NFSU for PC... it isn't really that good, the only real depth it has is how much you can customize the LOOK for your car...
You just race one race after another, not very exciting

Thanks for the welcome guys. :) And to think I almost didn't post this because I thought the shipping was a little too pricey...

bread's done
Back