network adapter

CruZer87

CAG Veteran
Anyone know where i can find a Xbox360 network adapter for cheap? I think 100 bucks is a complete rip off!!!

you can also connect your 360 with a cross over,cat5 (your choice, i use a crossover) cable to your compueter's ether card if you have a wireless connection on the pc, bridge the connections through windows with a couple clicks, and your 360 will then use the comp's wireless (it's how i run mine) 15ish bucks at walmart for the card if you don't have one- i agree, screw 100 bucks for an adapter,.

[quote name='Shadows916']you can also connect your 360 with a cross over,cat5 (your choice, i use a crossover) cable to your compueter's ether card if you have a wireless connection on the pc, bridge the connections through windows with a couple clicks, and your 360 will then use the comp's wireless (it's how i run mine) 15ish bucks at walmart for the card if you don't have one- i agree, screw 100 bucks for an adapter,.[/quote]

I tried that and it didn't work. The cheapest way to get your 360 online is to buy a cheap network cable and hardwire it. $60 is still a rip off for a network adapter.

I have a situation where I'll want the 360 to be able to be moved between a few different rooms, and don't want huge cat5 cables running all around my house. To keep things clean and simple, it'd be much better to have the MS brand adapter that just attaches to the back of the 360 and hangs on for the ride.

you can also connect your 360 with a cross over,cat5 (your choice, i use a crossover) cable to your compueter's ether card if you have a wireless connection on the pc, bridge the connections through windows with a couple clicks, and your 360 will then use the comp's wireless (it's how i run mine) 15ish bucks at walmart for the card if you don't have one- i agree, screw 100 bucks for an adapter,.

[quote name='Shadows916']you can also connect your 360 with a cross over,cat5 (your choice, i use a crossover) cable to your compueter's ether card if you have a wireless connection on the pc, bridge the connections through windows with a couple clicks, and your 360 will then use the comp's wireless (it's how i run mine) 15ish bucks at walmart for the card if you don't have one- i agree, screw 100 bucks for an adapter,.[/quote]

I tried that and it didn't work. The cheapest way to get your 360 online is to buy a cheap network cable and hardwire it. $60 is still a rip off for a network adapter.

I have a situation where I'll want the 360 to be able to be moved between a few different rooms, and don't want huge cat5 cables running all around my house. To keep things clean and simple, it'd be much better to have the MS brand adapter that just attaches to the back of the 360 and hangs on for the ride.

[quote name='lbradeen']get yourself a linksys wrt54g, put it in bridge mode and connect it to your existing wireless.[/quote]

What do you mean about this cuz That is the router I have and I am on it wired but my brother in the next room were the router is not wants online but can't afford the 100 for the adapter is there a way around that and if so could you help me.

bread's done
Back