pre-ordered early at EB, people may still outrank you who came after you....

huntlyon

CAG Veteran
yeah, so getting the word from some clerks at my EB of choice... trade-in credit supercedes time of order when it comes to ranking in order of who gets a 360 first.

meaning... someone who had a minimum deposit on the thing, and comes in today trading in as much as one game will outrank the person who preordered earlier. i believe i was 5th or 6th in line at this branch, as of 2 weeks ago my machine is paid off in full.. i've been bumped back a few places already when the memo was issued

yeah, thanks EB...

i'm still fairly confident i'll get my machine launch day... but if i get screwed because of corporate greed shenanigans... so help me god

I always thought it was first come/first serve with this stuff... minus the obvious employee and their families and friends...

I am 37th in my preorders at EB. You think I am screwed when it comes to launch day? If so Wal-Mart, BB or Target will get my business.

theres no actual system in the computer to rank who is first in line (other than date of reserve). it is up to independent EB's to enforce this how they see fit. you're going to see a lot of "well sorry sir but you didn't pre-order the BUNDLE with two extra controllers and games" etc.

the people on the fence are the ones who get screwed here. i've heard gamestop will give precendence to those who paid off their machine. that i understand.

giving trade in folks a cut in line is just crap however

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I was told by three different employees I would definitely be in the first shipment, and there will be hell to pay if I am not.[/QUOTE]

heh heh... what're you gonna do?

I wonder if GameCrazy will have a midnight release. I'll have to ask next time I'm in there.

[quote name='Brak']I wonder if GameCrazy will have a midnight release. I'll have to ask next time I'm in there.[/QUOTE]

gamecrazy will do a midnight release. and our computer system prints out pre-orders in the order they were taken, so it will be first come first serve.

Of course, if someone has paid off the system, 3 games, and a controller or whatever and they're way behind someone who's only got $50 on the system and can't buy it until next week.. money talks. We will probably only be holding systems for people for a day or two, due to demand.

oh, and btw, gamecrazies have stopped taking pre-orders for 360 hardware. Apparently they expect their pre-orders to far exceed the supply they're recieving.

[quote name='Machikunas']heh heh... what're you gonna do?[/QUOTE]

I'll probably go in, and act really nervous, constantly look over my shoulders. Ask the employees questions like, "Do you believe in God?" and "Are you the only one here?" Meanwhile I'll have one hand in my jacket pocket, trembling, occsionally pulling it ever so slightly out, and then putting back in.

No, I'm just kidding, I would never do that. Seriously though, I'd probably ask for my $400 for the Xbox 360, and my $60 for the Elder Scrolls 4 back, tell them it's fucked up that I was told by three different employees that I would be in the first shipment, and that I'll never shop there again. Depending on how apologetic they are or aren't I might threaten to call the DM, and tell them that I will never again preorder anything from EBGames, and that they lost $500 today.

Then I'll head over to Sears, K-Mart, and Sams Club hoping that they'll have some 360's ready to go. Last Christmas, when the Nintendo DS was sold out everywhere, there were three at my local Sears and five at K-Mart. Not many people think of Sears for video games, and K-Mart is where the ghetto people shop, and they're not buying $400 video game consoles.

[quote name='jer7583']gamecrazy will do a midnight release. and our computer system prints out pre-orders in the order they were taken, so it will be first come first serve.[/QUOTE]

Excellent.

But when you say "first come, first serve", you mean that if I'm first in line at midnight, I'll be first to get it, right? They're not going to sift through who preordered it first, right?

I just want to clarify, as I don't like surprises. From what you said, it sounds like you mean first come, first serve in terms of being there, right?

I better get my system on launch day. I was the first one at my EB to preorder (back in May) and I paid the whole system off about 3 weeks ago. My only scare is the games since I just started preordering them a couple weeks ago

My Gamestop told me that it didn't matter when you pre-ordered, if someone behind you pays it off first they'll go to the front. So what is the point of a pre-order? I told them to stick it up their ass. I'm like #17 (supposedly first shipment) in line and they want me to pay something off that they won't even guarantee is gonna be their on launch day. So if #30 comes in he goes ahead of me. I think that is bullshit.

[quote name='mmercer13']My Gamestop told me that it didn't matter when you pre-ordered, if someone behind you pays it off first they'll go to the front. So what is the point of a pre-order? I told them to stick it up their ass. I'm like #17 (supposedly first shipment) in line and they want me to pay something off that they won't even guarantee is gonna be their on launch day. So if #30 comes in he goes ahead of me. I think that is bullshit.[/QUOTE]

It is bullshit that is why I am happy that I won't be actually buying one of these until at least the second price drop so I won't even have to deal with this. But you know what the funniest thing is about EB & GS is what if someone decides they don't want the 360 what will be the trade-in/used price going to be? Also, would they take the used system to fill the pre-orders?

[quote name='Chris in Cali'], and K-Mart is where the ghetto people shop, and they're not buying $400 video game consoles.[/QUOTE]

You'd be surprised, I get about 2 or 3 phone calls a day asking for the 360, and if I'm going to be getting the $400 "deluxe" model.

I have a feeling I'm going to see quite a line outside on the morning of November 22nd... two people already told me they are going to camp outside.

We arent maneuvering any people on a list at our store, doesnt matter if you put 50 down or 400. Trade or cash...we don't care. It is all about when you preordered that determies whether or not you get the first shipment. That sucks that other stores are being such pricks...

[quote name='Brak']Excellent.

But when you say "first come, first serve", you mean that if I'm first in line at midnight, I'll be first to get it, right? They're not going to sift through who preordered it first, right?

I just want to clarify, as I don't like surprises. From what you said, it sounds like you mean first come, first serve in terms of being there, right?[/QUOTE]

no, i mean like if we get 50 systems in our store, and we have 75 pre-orders, we can only guarantee those first 50 people who pre-ordered will get systems. I don't know how many we're getting or how many anyone is getting, but I have a feeling supply will be low for those first few weeks.

Because of that demand, my manager has said that we might only be holding them for a day or two, depending on what they've pre-ordered. If it's just a system and nothing else, we might not have your system on november 24th anymore. If you're pre-ordering the system, games, accessories, etc.. we're more likely to hold it until next week.

you can call us jerks all you want, but we're a business, we're here to make money. And if someone is right in my store ready to drop $600 on games and system and accessories, that person who only has $50 down and hasn't called us or let us know what their plans are might be out of luck.

This can also be good news for those of you looking for non-pre-ordered systems, because we will make those systems that haven't been picked up after a few days available. there will always be people who pre-ordered and decided not to get one.

I am very glad i don't work at a k-mart or something like that. Pre-orders make it so much easier, at least for people who plan ahead and save up for things like this. We can just package up everything for each person, ring them up, and send them on their way. No messing around with lines outside the door and people getting upset for whatever reason. I know the CAG community hates pre-orders, but they really do make it easier for everyone and cut down on hassles.

[quote name='jer7583']I am very glad i don't work at a k-mart or something like that. Pre-orders make it so much easier, at least for people who plan ahead and save up for things like this. We can just package up everything for each person, ring them up, and send them on their way. No messing around with lines outside the door and people getting upset for whatever reason. I know the CAG community hates pre-orders, but they really do make it easier for everyone and cut down on hassles.[/QUOTE]

Only if you get a decent price for a pre-order will we pre-order. You are right about the pre-ordering of systems because at least you know that people that are trying to buying it already know if they can get it or not.

I'm 197/200 in preorders, but I was told I will be in the first shipment. I'm gonna call them tomorrow and ask whats up. If its first come first serve I'll probally have to camp out there for hours... ugh...

[quote name='uzumaki_star']Only if you get a decent price for a pre-order will we pre-order. You are right about the pre-ordering of systems because at least you know that people that are trying to buying it already know if they can get it or not.[/QUOTE]

I dunno what eb and them shits do, but gamecrazy doesn't require any bundles. Just $50 for the system. Only drawback is generally you're less likely to have the system held for you for a very long time if you've only got the minimum down.

[quote name='Chris in Cali'] Not many people think of Sears for video games, and K-Mart is where the ghetto people shop, and they're not buying $400 video game consoles.[/QUOTE]

LMFAO. Ghetto people shop at KMART? I guess I should go and try to buy it there.

I preordered a core system at EB and I'm guarenteed one at launch easily. Everybody keeps fighting over the premium systems and I slid right in there and preordered the core one in september. I went back up today to put another 100 bucks down on mine (I owe 119 left) and I made them guarentee me one at launch again before I put it down and they said I am. If you preorder the core system, you can get one pretty easily.

I know many people think the core system is a rip off, but having that console in my hand is my main priority, not a bunch of extras. I'll pay extra for the hard drive, I don't mind. I don't need HD componants and a DVD remote anyways. All I want out of the premium set is the hard drive and headset, and I have a few alternatives for the headset so I can do without it.

I asked the video game dude at CC yesterday how may he thought they were going to get. He said they would have TONS on launch day.

I'm not sure about other EB locations, but the one I frequent handles all major product launches the same (most recently; PSP, Madden, NCAA, etc). How much you preorder doesn't matter, so long as you have the minimum down and plan to pay it off on launch day.

On the day before the product release you must pickup a ticket, the earlier you get to the store the better position you're in for getting your product. For PSP, there was a line 50+ people deep at 10AM waiting for the store to open (keep in mind this is the day before it launched). At midnight they release the new product in order of the number on your ticket. They only let about 6 people in the store at once and they have one employee outside calling out numbers for the next 6 to go in. If you have a really high number and supply is short, chances are you're not getting your product on day 1. Even though its difficult to get down there to pickup my ticket for some launches with work, I still like the system.

For reference though, I have my 360 Premium + Madden, PDZ, PGR3, Quake IV preordered in full and will be pissed if I don't get them on the 22. :)

bread's done
Back