Prey (Xbox 360)- $8.88 @ Brandsmart

Fatesealer

CAGiversary!
I just saw the sales ad and the 360 version (looks to be the regular edition) was listed with an $8.88 price. If anyone wants the game, and has a Brandsmart nearby, can't pass up the deal. The sale goes until May 22nd.

According to Google:
"BrandsMart USA, South Florida's #1 discount retailer of consumer appliances and electronics."

So much for being on the west coast.

If anyone can pick up a few copies, PM me (just for 1)! I actually liked playing this game but refuse to pay $25+ for it.

[quote name='SynGamer']I anyone can pick up a few copies, PM me (just for 1)! I actually liked playing this game but refuse to pay $25+ for it.[/QUOTE]
I second that notion. I would pay for one as well if someone picked me up a copy. Thanks for posting this OP!

[quote name='airdino23']According to Google:
"BrandsMart USA, South Florida's #1 discount retailer of consumer appliances and electronics."

So much for being on the west coast.[/quote]

I was just messing around

If you guys do buy prey, we should all get together on xbox live and play it online, seeing as how hardly anyone plays it anymore(plus I need the achievements ;)).

[quote name='sunghost']If you guys do buy prey, we should all get together on xbox live and play it online, seeing as how hardly anyone plays it anymore(plus I need the achievements ;)).[/quote]

If someone can get a few extra copies and i can get one of them, count me in! :)

[quote name='halfbent']I'd love to pick one of these up if another CAG wouldn't mind shipping it out to me![/quote]

me too please

Dude, way to skip out on OTHER deals in the ad. It's a good thing I checked, too.

Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - $28.88 EACH
Wii Nunchuck - $14.88
Madden NFL '07 (Xbox 360) - $18.88
PlayStation 3 Bundle (Includes 2 Games, 2 Controllers and 60GB HDD) - $698.88 (Blech)
PlayStation 2 Memory Card (Sony 1st Party) - $18.88
Spider-Man 3 (PS2) - $34.88
Spider-Man 3 (Wii) - $44.88
Spider-Man 3 (X360/PS3) - $54.88
Spider-Man 3 (GBA/NDS) - $24.88

Not really much, but I would definately dive on PREY (which is $8.88) and a Nunchuck if I had an extra Wiimote. If I didn't have Diamond or Pearl, I'd jump on one of those, too.

[quote name='halfbent']I'd love to pick one of these up if another CAG wouldn't mind shipping it out to me![/QUOTE]
Same here please.

Is this game as violent from start to finish as the demo was? I was completely grossed out by what I saw the aliens doing to the humans, and yet, the way the game was laid out intrigued me. I'd just like to know what to expect if anyone here has seen what happens after the demo ends.

I just finished the story mode last night, I enjoyed it. Let me know if anyone wants to start up online with this, I checked last night and nobody was on.

[quote name='ncibob']I just finished the story mode last night, I enjoyed it. Let me know if anyone wants to start up online with this, I checked last night and nobody was on.[/quote]

ohhhhhhhh! I will! My gamertag = JT CoDe MaN

I'll probably suck HORRIBLY though, as I do with most FPS ;)

Yeah, I never heard of this "Brandsmart" ....probably a long queue by now but if someone buys a shitload of copies, I would love one. $8.88 is a steal.

[quote name='sunghost']ohhhhhhhh! I will! My gamertag = JT CoDe MaN

I'll probably suck HORRIBLY though, as I do with most FPS ;)[/quote]

I'm willing to play too. I bought the game with the whole 35% off thing at EBgames, and I really like the demo when I played on Live, so I would always like to play with fellow CAGs. Send me a Friend Request and I will accept.

I went today and got a copy. Played one level so far. They love profanity at least to far. Counted a few F bombs being dropped but so far, it's a decent game. They had plenty of copies at the Peachtree Industrial store. I wouldn't mind getting maybe 2 more, but for 'local to me' residents only. Sorry, not really into that whole shipping business, but I wouldn't mind doing some local trading...

anyway of getting a copy of a flyer? possible pricematch, worst they can do is look at u funny or point and laugh and say no!!

Ok I went to my local Brandsmart and got myself one copy and picked up one extra one as well.

Not sure what you guys think would be more fair, first to PM, first that requested, or just do it random?

They only had 2 copies otherwise would have picked up more.
I'm definitely interested in having friends here at CAG since we never get any good deals in Florida :D, especially with 360 games or HD-DVDs.

Victoria

I definitely recommend this game for the price. It reminded me of a summer flick: Not much substance, but a lot of action and some cheap thrills :D

[quote name='spider24']anyway of getting a copy of a flyer? possible pricematch, worst they can do is look at u funny or point and laugh and say no!![/QUOTE]

www.brandsmart.com. Go to Current Ads, GA, Page 7, and its in the middle.

I convinced someone to buy Prey Collector's Edition for PC last night ($15 at Circuit City). I forgot to mention the Steam feature!

Anyway, it's $15 for the CE at Best Buy too after WoW coupon. AFAIK, it's the only 3rd party game VaLVE allows you to register and download from Steam. It sure saved my butt... I had to play through it on Steam nand I still don't know where my disc is!

[quote name='airdino23']According to Google:

So much for being on the west coast.[/QUOTE]
Their newspaper ads and product offerings are strikingly familiar to Fry's. I was surprised when Fry's finally made it out here to GA, so don't be surprised if you see another dumb mascot joining Fry's Chip the computer chip... this guy is some crazy red, white, & blue top-hat wearing costumed superhero montrosity that looks like the Best Buy Idea Box mascot had sex with Uncle Sam and Superman to spawn it.

[quote name='SynGamer']If someone can get a few extra copies and i can get one of them, count me in! :)[/QUOTE]

Me three.

This is a great way for the OP or somebody else to quickly build up a whole bunch of positive feedback for the trading forum. If I lived near one of these stores I'd get everybody a copy just for that reason.

[quote name='Victimlas']Ok I went to my local Brandsmart and got myself one copy and picked up one extra one as well.

Not sure what you guys think would be more fair, first to PM, first that requested, or just do it random?

They only had 2 copies otherwise would have picked up more.
I'm definitely interested in having friends here at CAG since we never get any good deals in Florida :D, especially with 360 games or HD-DVDs.

Victoria[/QUOTE]

PM sent

[quote name='boyward']Is this game as violent from start to finish as the demo was? I was completely grossed out by what I saw the aliens doing to the humans, and yet, the way the game was laid out intrigued me. I'd just like to know what to expect if anyone here has seen what happens after the demo ends.[/QUOTE]

Some of the aliens come out of Vagina-like pods. I would say if you are over the age of 12, you should be fine.

I didn't play the demo but did play some of the game last night. Graphics are amazing. It is definitely a rated M game. There is a lot of cursing, and it's very graphic (think horror movie like) . Has the creepiness factor of Half-Life

HTH!

Went to 2 Brandsmarts one at opening and they did not even have it. So i just took the ad to Circuit City and they PM it for the 8.88 .

Brandsmart is a major electronics retailer in South Florida and some parts of Ga.. The sell alot of off brand name stuff for super cheap. The video games department is always a mess when it comes to pricing they never or rare do they update unless they are on sale. The stores do not have scanners so you have to find someone to scan them for you and that is a hassle since no one works in the games department.

But here are a few more deals they had not in the ad.
Madden NFL 2007 PSP 9.88
Madden NFL 2007 GC 6.88
Pure Evil 2 pack GC 12.88

bread's done
Back