Question about Logitech PS2 wireless controllers?

I'm thinking the second one is the better one. If you haven't checked your target recently, there could be some on clearance. Both of mine had some, but are out now.

That second one has a button in which you can turn off the rumble function, I don't see that button on the first one. Amazon has that one for 24.99, and I just bought mine two days ago at GameStop for $30. I'm totally loving it.

I have always heard that the "Precision" version is pretty crappy, but I really don't have any experience with them. I have, however, had two of the "Action" controllers for a while which I got used, but recently both of them have gone south at the same time. I bought them used so it's hard to say if I got the life out of them that I should have or not with certainly, but I think they should have lasted longer then they did. Physically they look and feel fine, but they aren't working right any more. One of them is acting like you are pressing a control down all the time and the other one got a sticky button which I fixed, but now I've got a problem where it constantly seems to think that something is happening and so it never goes to sleep and as such drains batteries rapidly. I can use it, but I have to take the batteries out when I'm done or it will drain them over night. Mind you, I'm stilling thinking about replacing them and this time buying new, so I guess that should say something - I liked them a lot and am willing to at least hope that the problems I saw were due to them being used when I bought them.

EDIT: one other thing possibly worth noting. I have a fat PS2 and a 3rd party multitap that is vertically oriented (actually it rotates, but the controller slots are one on top of the other, with only one memory card slot at the top) and one issue with the Action controllers is that in this 3rd party tap I can't put two of the Action controller's receivers one on top of the other because they are too thick - they are thicker then the connector on a Dual Shock controller. Something to keep in mind, although probably not an issue for most people. If you have a standard multitap or at least a mutltap that has a normal layout with controller slots side-by-side with memory card slot above each slot, then this won't be a problem.

bread's done
Back