Rare dreamcast games

mjainerin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
What are some rare games that you guys know of.

I picked each of these up for four bucks
Typing of the dead
Soul Fighter
Skies of Arcadia

[quote name='mjainerin']What are some rare games that you guys know of.

Typing of the dead
Soul Fighter
Skies of Arcadia[/QUOTE]

Rare makes MS games.

Last Blade 2
Fatal Fury
Record of Lodoss War
Project Justice

Those are a little bit harder to find.

There is a limited edition of Sonic Adventure too.

[quote name='Dingleberry']I've never been able to find Bangai-O.[/QUOTE]

You just gotta close your eyes and wish really hard, till you have a stroke or something. Thats what worked for me, YMMV.

RARE games as in they're hard to find, not by the company rare.
Half-Life was never actually released (same with propellar arena and flintstones viva las vegas, but they shud have prototype white discs out there).

Isn't shenmue 2 somewhat rare?

Virtual-On: Ontario Tangram is at least worth 30 bucks and is good.

Yes i have sega bass fishing 2 dreamcast, sega marine fishing dreamcast ( which btw is one of the best fishing games ever made, plus you get to unlock alot of goodies ) and i have sega bass fishing 1 on the pc.

Rare dreamcast games, hmmmm off the top of my head, i say:

Toy racer
d84160373c.jpg

if you haven't figured it out yet, Soul Fighter is one of the most hated games on the DC...was very close to buying it back in the last days of its shelf life but after reading the reviews at planetdreamcast.com I am glad I didn't buy it even if it was 6 something at target clearance.

[quote name='mjainerin']What are some rare games that you guys know of.

Typing of the dead
Soul Fighter
Skies of Arcadia[/QUOTE]

yea soul fighter does suck, but you know whats really good: Third Strike, street fighter. I love that game, just need to find an arcade stick or converter

I got many of these games back in the day. I think ROLW I got for $9.99 at CC. Still haven't finished, but what I played was pretty good.

I think that Shenmue Limited Edition is very rare. I believe that EBGames.com had it listed about a month or two back, but the person who ordered it only got a normal Shenmue disc.

[quote name='TUBAPRO1']Powerstone 2 isn't that easy to find...you'll pay about 25-40 for it on Ebay.[/QUOTE]
Try 50-60

The official Maracas for Samba De Amingo are ultra hard to find. MVC2 is kinda hard, i believe most others have been mentioned already. Oh yeah, and Gundam Side Story, thats rare.

Stree Fighter 3 Third Strike was rare and cost a bit on ebay for a while. Not sure if the price dropped after re-relese on PS2/Xbox.

These are the DC games that I think is a little difficult to find:
Bangai- O (like many have mentioned)
Confidential Mission
FF: Mark of the Wolves
Giga Wing 2
Gundam: Side Story 0079
Mars Matrix
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Powerstone 2
Project Justice
Record of Lodoss War
Shenmue LE
Skies of Arcadia
Striker Pro 2000

hope this helps out a little bit

[quote name='U2K Tha Greate$t']powerstone is only 2.99 and powerstone 2 is only 5.99. Anyone who pays more is getting rip.[/QUOTE]
Where?

[quote name='U2K Tha Greate$t']Yes i have sega bass fishing 2 dreamcast, sega marine fishing dreamcast ( which btw is one of the best fishing games ever made, plus you get to unlock alot of goodies ) and i have sega bass fishing 1 on the pc.

Rare dreamcast games, hmmmm off the top of my head, i say:

Toy racer
d84160373c.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I've never seen that game. Is it Pal only like Headhunter ?

[quote name='U2K Tha Greate$t']powerstone is only 2.99 and powerstone 2 is only 5.99. Anyone who pays more is getting rip.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, where? If you have a store in your area with prices like that i BEG that you contact me.

I'm beggining to think that all of U2K's posts are a joke.

I wouldn't mind geting mark of the wolves think i'm gonna scoop a mars matrix before that disappears.

I know its not really fair to count imports as rares but black matrix was rare to begin with.

what was that one rpg that came out in monthly installments? the art was done by the final fantasy guy ?

funny seems like I'd see ROLW at like evry pawn I went to when it came out

[quote name='ctice44']These are the DC games that I think is a little difficult to find:
Bangai- O (like many have mentioned)
Confidential Mission
FF: Mark of the Wolves
Giga Wing 2
Gundam: Side Story 0079
Mars Matrix
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Powerstone 2
Project Justice
Record of Lodoss War
Shenmue LE
Skies of Arcadia
Striker Pro 2000

hope this helps out a little bit[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ECW_fan']Sword Berserk is getting to be pretty rare.[/QUOTE]

Funny, a year ago you couldnt give copies of it away

And I also have to ask... Guilty Gear X (US) is fairly rare, right? I can't find it on eBay hardly at all, and I was told it was going for over $150 a couple of years ago. I must own this, but I can't seem to find it for prices below the cost of my soul (whatever that is).

This is all relative since pretty much all Dreamcast games are rare now, yes? I mean in a matter of speaking. Good list so far. I'd just like to add Maken X to that list. It was this weird mele based fps (played a little like Metroid Prime before Metroid Prime) from the guys who do the Shin Megami Tenshi series. Very Weird and very awsome. Jojo's Bizzare adventure is kind of rare too, though not as much so as a lot of these.

[quote name='cyrix`']Isn't shenmue 2 somewhat rare?[/QUOTE]

It's fairly rare here in the U.S. because it wasn't released here; it was released only in Japan and in Europe. Most people who played it over here imported the PAL (European) version.

[quote name='cyrix`']Virtual-On: Ontario Tangram is at least worth 30 bucks and is good.[/QUOTE]

I actually have this game. Never thought of it as being that special.

roc's feather said:
This is all relative since pretty much all Dreamcast games are rare now, yes? I mean in a matter of speaking. Good list so far. I'd just like to add Maken X to that list. It was this weird mele based fps (played a little like Metroid Prime before Metroid Prime) from the guys who do the Shin Megami Tenshi series. Very Weird and very awsome. Jojo's Bizzare adventure is kind of rare too, though not as much so as a lot of these.

Maken X is one of the most common DC games around.

Not sure what its status is now, but a few summers ago (as the DC was on its way out), I sold an open copy of Tokyo Extreme Racer 2 on eBay for $68, and a sealed copy for $112. Just insane, even at the time. Gotta love bidding wars. ;)

daroga

[quote name='Amano']And I also have to ask... Guilty Gear X (US) is fairly rare, right? I can't find it on eBay hardly at all, and I was told it was going for over $150 a couple of years ago. I must own this, but I can't seem to find it for prices below the cost of my soul (whatever that is).[/QUOTE]

Amazon Marketplace has copies at around $40.

bread's done
Back