Slim Owners: Come in here

BrehdricTheEnt

CAG Veteran
Has anybody been able to hook theirs up to surround sound? It didn't come with blue and green cables and even if it did the AV cables got a piece of plastic that covers over the hdmi slot.

[quote name='BrehdricTheEnt']Has anybody been able to hook theirs up to surround sound? It didn't come with blue and green cables and even if it did the AV cables got a piece of plastic that covers over the hdmi slot.
[/QUOTE]

My guess is to use the SPDIF out connection from the 360.

[quote name='Pck21']My guess is to use the SPDIF out connection from the 360.[/QUOTE]

SPDIF? lol, forgive me I have never hooked my xbox up to surround sounds so I'm lost.

[quote name='BrehdricTheEnt']SPDIF? lol, forgive me I have never hooked my xbox up to surround sounds so I'm lost.[/QUOTE]

Oh lol.

Well it would depend on your home stereo config then. I have the slim and I noticed that it had an SPDIF out connection, which is for sound, so I just assumed that's how yours was hooked up. So you're just using standard A/V cables then? Red, yellow, and white?

[quote name='Pck21']Oh lol.

Well it would depend on your home stereo config then. I have the slim and I noticed that it had an SPDIF out connection, which is for sound, so I just assumed that's how yours was hooked up. So you're just using standard A/V cables then? Red, yellow, and white?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I got those but I'm currently using HDMI. I noticed though you can't even have both of those plugged in at the same time because the A/V cables have a plastic piece that blocks the HDMI slot.

bread's done
Back