Spore pushed back

jazz1m

CAG Veteran
If anyone is interested, I know I am, but spore's released date got pushed back to after the next fiscal year, so probably around April 2008. Damn you EA, damn you Will Wright!

I didn't know that it was expected any sooner.

The more delays, the better the product.. well, that's not always true, but for Will Wright, it seems to be

[quote name='Scorch']I didn't know that it was expected any sooner.

The more delays, the better the product.. well, that's not always true, but for Will Wright, it seems to be[/quote]
mikehenry_cle.jpg

Man, Duke Nukem forever is gonna be tight ya'll!

:rofl:

[quote name='dallow']Is it any surprise?
Spore and StarCraft II will never see release.[/quote]

WRONG!

Will Wright and Blizzard can take as long as they need. I'll take their polished, bug-free, fun products any day over rushed, "patch coming soon" bullshit that we see all too much on PC these days.

BIG SURPRISE THERE!

That's funny, my boyfriend and I were talking about this game this weekend, and he claimed it would be coming out soon and wouldn't be heavily delayed; I said it sure as hell would be. Guess who won!!

I really didn't expect this game a day before January 1st, 2009. And while we're at it, ditto with Starcraft 2, ditto with Resident Evil 5, and ditto with Gran Turismo 5.

I just hope that's not the case with Alan Wake. (What is the deal with that game??)

[quote name='MarioColbert']WRONG!

Will Wright and Blizzard can take as long as they need. I'll take their polished, bug-free, fun products any day over rushed, "patch coming soon" bullshit that we see all too much on PC these days.[/quote]

Bug free?
:lol: Where have you been?

[quote name='dallow']Bug free?
:lol: Where have you been?[/quote]

Never had any bad luck with Blizzard titles. Stayed away from WoW, though. Played it once at a friend's house and concluded that it wasn't for me. Wright's games have never ever given me issues either. I suppose you have some horror stories to tell? The only thing I can think of is awful balancing issues in WarCraft III prior to the expansion, though by the time it was out I was too busy with jobs and graduation to play online anymore.

[quote name='MarioColbert']Never had any bad luck with Blizzard titles. Stayed away from WoW, though. Played it once at a friend's house and concluded that it wasn't for me. Wright's games have never ever given me issues either. I suppose you have some horror stories to tell? The only thing I can think of is awful balancing issues in WarCraft III prior to the expansion, though by the time it was out I was too busy with jobs and graduation to play online anymore.[/QUOTE]

Sims 2 was pretty buggy when it first came out, IIRC.

4 color rebellion:

According to the latest issue of Game Informer, Spore is, in Electronic Arts newspeak quoted by Kotaku, being “delayed indefinitely”. Either way, we’re not going to be seeing some hot, hot Spore action for at least another year.

Err… I mean, I’m just kinda concerned that Spore, which is approaching an 8 to 9 year development cycle, may become the next Duke Nukem Forever. Please, no! Will Wright, use your powers –– which I know you have! How else did you convince anyone to buy Sim Earth?

baad. nooooz.

[quote name='MarioColbert']Never had any bad luck with Blizzard titles. Stayed away from WoW, though. Played it once at a friend's house and concluded that it wasn't for me. Wright's games have never ever given me issues either. I suppose you have some horror stories to tell? The only thing I can think of is awful balancing issues in WarCraft III prior to the expansion, though by the time it was out I was too busy with jobs and graduation to play online anymore.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I think Blizzard has a pretty good track record for their releases being finished and without any major bugs

I don't think anyone anticipated Spore anytime soon, I just hope it isn't too ambitious that it keeps getting pushed back indefinitely or is released as a shadow of it's lofty goals.

Spore is the first PC title I've been excited about since Half-Life 2. Looks like the PC drought for me could last into being measured in decades.

Do you honestly think they would release this game in the middle of no where in the beginning of a year? This game should be too good and it will want to maximize profits so of course it will come out during the holiday.

bread's done
Back