The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
Has anyone had games from the Paper Mario list NOT work and NOT trigger the bonus?

Want to grab it takes 2 and Jedi fallen order from Best Buy to trade in, but don’t want to open them up to find out they don’t work

Has anyone had games from the Paper Mario list NOT work and NOT trigger the bonus?

Want to grab it takes 2 and Jedi fallen order from Best Buy to trade in, but don’t want to open them up to find out they don’t work
So spend $40 (plus tax) to get $50, I might need a new site lize Lazy A** Gamer becuase that seems like a lot of work for $10 :LOL:

So spend $40 (plus tax) to get $50, I might need a new site lize Lazy A** Gamer becuase that seems like a lot of work for $10 :LOL:
Have a $10 certificate from Best Buy and the $5 monthly from GameStop. Would like to be able to combine them. Would essentially cost me $35 after those for the game

Jedi fallen order and it takes 2 traded in for a total of $53.20. On sale for $20 each at Best Buy currently if anyone needs filler for paper Mario
You're still on the hook for around $12 remaining buy paper Mario, including taxes. So you're only saving that same $12.

Are you mad? Fallout 76 is $10.

900% increase from a few weeks ago.
actually a couple of the ps4 playstation hits games are bumped too. especially if people still have them lying around after buying them for $5 a few years ago. bloodborne $15, god of war 3 remaster $10, days gone $12. they just need a better boost to go with some of these values.

Is there any way to search on the site by price anymore? You used to be able to sort by under $10, or even set your own prices. Can’t seem to find it anymore

Confirming that the system does not allow the $10 Mario RPG certificate to be applied to pre-owned in-store. I did an amz price mach on new instead.

Also, I learned that the 2/$50 does not work twice (e.g. 4 games) in the same transaction toward 1 copy of Paper Mario. It works a bit differently than previous 2/$50 trade promos.

Confirming that the system does not allow the $10 Mario RPG certificate to be applied to pre-owned in-store. I did an amz price mach on new instead.

Also, I learned that the 2/$50 does not work twice (e.g. 4 games) in the same transaction toward 1 copy of Paper Mario. It works a bit differently than previous 2/$50 trade promos.
I could be wrong, but I recall the 2/$50 promo always working towards just one copy of the qualifying game(s) per pair of trades. It would definitely simplify things if that weren't the case.

bread's done
Back