Ultimate Superman Collection

mcchris_the_pirate

CAG Veteran
Hey I need some help to find the cheapest Ultimate Superman Collection DVD's...its pretty new and has like 14 discs, I need it for a gift for Christmas for a friend and he MUST HAVE IT!!!! So if you all can give me some links, it would be much appreciated!!! Thanks!!

Just in case you haven't heard OP, they released the wrong version of Superman three in the "Ultimate" collection. They released an inferior version in the set and it's really a lost cause.

Warner will send you replacements for the incomplete discs of Superman III and Superman: The Movie for you if you call 800-553-6937.

[quote name='sman113']The set is $50 after Google Checkout at Buy.com[/quote]
I don't think it's showing up at buy.com anymore.

Does anyone know if Warner Bros. will correct the wrong disc mistake and ship more of these box sets to the stores? I can't find it anywhere anymore. Most every online site I've checked is OSS/sold out as well as B&M stores.

[quote name='HuBu']this box set is OOP, no plans to produce anymore. So get the box if you can, its considered rare now @ www.dvdtalk.com.[/quote]

Thanks for the info.......I better get to looking harder.

[quote name='HuBu']this box set is OOP, no plans to produce anymore. So get the box if you can, its considered rare now @ www.dvdtalk.com.[/quote]
I just read the review of it and cannot locate where it states it is OOP with no plans to release anymore. Link or quote?

[quote name='vivafriend5']Just in case you haven't heard OP, they released the wrong version of Superman three in the "Ultimate" collecion. They released an inferior version in the set and it's really a lost cause.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean "inferior"?

[quote name='michaema']He means they didnt include the edition they describe on the set.[/QUOTE]

Ah..thanks.

[quote name='HuBu']this box set is OOP, no plans to produce anymore. So get the box if you can, its considered rare now @ www.dvdtalk.com.[/QUOTE]

Dont know where you read that, but have not heard a thing about this being out of print. Infact, the latest thing i heard was that they are to produce many more of the set, with the corrected discs in them.

[quote name='sman113']Dont know where you read that, but have not heard a thing about this being out of print. Infact, the latest thing i heard was that they are to produce many more of the set, with the corrected discs in them.[/QUOTE]

Warner is letting people swap the mispressed discs for the corrected ones free of charge too. I just got my mailer for sending the mispressed discs a few days ago so I should have the new ones within a week or two.

For those not in the know the issue is:

A) Superman I Theatrical Edition is missing the English Dolby Stereo 2.0 original soundtrack mix. The 2000 Extended version with the Dolby 5.1 mix is a brand new mix with new sound effects added since the source materials used on the original mix were either too damaged to be repaired or they lost the sound effects so a new mixed was constructed. However purists prefer the original stereo mix since a number of the effects in the old mix are better sounding.

B) Superman III in the set somehow got the previous movie only edition put in there instead of the new Deluxe Edition with the deleted scenes, audio commentary, and theatrical trailer. The movie itself is the same transfer and all but just the extras are missing.

The number for those needing to get your discs replaced is 1-800-553-6937. They are going to ask for a number on the bottom of your box along with where you bought it at. Once that is settled then they will ask for your name, address, etc. Give it a week or two before you get your mailer along with another week or two turnaround once its mailed out.

[quote name='sman113']Dont know where you read that, but have not heard a thing about this being out of print. Infact, the latest thing i heard was that they are to produce many more of the set, with the corrected discs in them.[/QUOTE]

The current batch with the mispressed discs are OOP. Warner is going to be issuing a new batch with the corrected discs under a different UPC so people can tell the two apart shortly.

Sounds good, I never did pick up the Back to the Future boxset because none of the boxes ever clearly listed that they were Version 2, ungh.

[quote name='rokkon']Sounds good, I never did pick up the Back to the Future boxset because none of the boxes ever clearly listed that they were Version 2, ungh.[/QUOTE]

The ones that state "new lower price" = version 2.

[quote name='eaglebeak']Amazon.com has it back in stock again and I'm assuming that it's still the messed up set with the wrong discs from it's description. The price looks like it's jacked up a few bucks as well. But I have read that they may not re-issue this set or that they may not have the metal tin next time if they do. Maybe it will have a lot of collector value?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000J10ERE/ref=pd_ys_ir_all_2/002-6213765-5644862[/QUOTE]

They ARE reissuing the set - with the correct discs in them. Dont know about the tin, though, that could be a limited production run.

[quote name='sman113']They ARE reissuing the set - with the correct discs in them. Dont know about the tin, though, that could be a limited production run.[/QUOTE]

To be honest I could almost do without the tin since I find it a bit of a PITA to work with in between swaping discs on the set. Still a fucking awesome set and fully worth its weight in gold (and then some).

[quote name='Demolition Man']To be honest I could almost do without the tin since I find it a bit of a PITA to work with in between swaping discs on the set. Still a fucking awesome set and fully worth its weight in gold (and then some).[/QUOTE]

agreed.

Anyone know if the re-issued set is out yet? I thought I saw somewhere that it came out on 1/6/07....but I have yet to see it anywhere. The Amazon.com offering still has the disclaimer about the error with the wrong discs.

Ordered this back when they first came out (November, I think..)and consequently disappeared and it finally arrived from FRYS.com this past week. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but I assumed that since it took so long to arrive, it was probably the corrected one.

BTW- It came in the metal tin, so I don't think it's limited.

bread's done
Back